• Overall
    4,7 /5

About 7shifts

7shifts is designed to simplify labor management, one shift at a time. Start your free 14-day trial today!

Learn more about 7shifts

Christian H.
Operations Manager
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/24

"7Shifts Review"

Comments: Overall, 7Shifts has been the best restaurant scheduling software that I've personally used. If I'm being very honest the bar wasn't particularly high, none the less I'm very satisfied. The insight into staff trends such as engagement and enthusiasm is great. As is the forecasting for scheduling.

Pros: Both the UX & UI on 7Shifts are lightyears ahead of any other restaurant scheduling software that I've encountered. That's most critical in having hourly employees engage and use the software.

Cons: We had some issues with POS integration. Granted we use Aloha which isn't the greatest, but importance of POS makes that a harder thing to change so I'd like to see the scheduling software be the more nimble and adaptive one. Announcements and messaging can be clunky to load—especially on mobile.

by 7shifts on 2020/10/19

Thanks for the review Christian! We've happy to hear that 7shifts is the best scheduler you have ever used. We also really appreciate the feedback on your POS integration. I have instructed your Success Manager to reach out to you to see if there is anything that can be done to make this better for you. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 2020/09/24
Kelly K.

"Best Scheduling App"

Comments: I have used multiple scheduling tools and this is my favorite!

Pros: I love how easy it is to make my schedule. I love how the days my employees request off show up easily and I can copy and paste schedules that repeat often.

Cons: Sometimes the notifications don’t pop up consistently.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/13

Easy for create schedules? Cheaper than the alternative? Better experience for employees? Sounds like 7shifts is the right fit for you Kelly. Thank so much for the review!

Chef steven P.
Owner / Director
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/14

"Life with 7Shifts is all about the right communication with staff and managers"

Comments: I have two other software suites that offer what 7shifts does included in the price, 2 other software suites and I still would rather use 7shifts because of how awesome it is. My 50k POS bundle and my staff management suite both offer this, and I could save the cost of 7shifts per year - but heck no.

Pros: - Very Short Learning Curve
- The App is very stable and accurate
- Our staff enjoy using the app and don't see it as a burden, but a convenience
- With our package, the app is feature-rich without bloat.
- Developers listen to the community and add value as often as possible.

Cons: As with any software development, some features that would be useful for you may take time if they are more niche use cases.

by 7shifts on 2019/11/15

Wow! Thanks for the amazing review Steven. I shared your review with the rest of our team, and it made our day to hear that 7shifts has provided you and your team with so much value. Knowing that you have chosen 7shifts over other tools you have available to you is a high honour and is what drives us to keep developing our products for restaurateurs like yourself. Please let us know how we can continue to raise the bar for you and make 7shifts an integral part of your operations.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/14
Sara jane M.
Pastry Chef
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/01

"Has all the tools you could need"

Comments: I get updates/push notifications from 7 shifts every week when my schedule is published, as well as updates from my managers and corporate offices. I also sometimes use it to make work life easier. Really glad to have this piece of software I thought I'd never use. Very good for the restaurant industry and hourly positions.

Pros: It's a really nice layout, it has thought of just about everything you could possibly need to use the software for. I have personally found it very useful for looking up the contact information of my coworkers and keeping track of request off time. For people like servers who constantly drop/add/trade shifts with other people, there is a useful feature to do that as well.

Cons: It logged me out when I changed phones, don't think that's necessary to protect information on this kind of app, but was easy to recover password. Overall a very minor con.

by 7shifts on 2019/05/02

Thanks for the review Sara! We're happy to hear that 7shifts has everything you need to make your work life easier. We really appreciate your detailed feedback and if there is every anything we can improve upon in the future, please just reach out to our team any time. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 2019/05/01
Damon H.
Assistant General Manager

"7shifts review"

Pros: Before using this software, we primarily used Excel spreadsheets. That process was cumbersome and very hard to schedule employees. By using 7shifts our scheduling has become way more streamlined. We enjoy that once the schedule is posted, it notifies every single employee. We also enjoy that there is a chat feature and announcement feature that allows us to communicate with our employees in order to make sure that everyone is on track. Calculating labor for a schedule is also way easier.

Cons: Overall we really enjoyed the software. The only complaints that I would list is that every now and then our employees and myself are sometimes logged out of our account and it’s cumbersome to figure out why we are logged out and to get back into the account.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/13

Thanks for the review Damon! Making the switch from excel to an app is hard sometimes, but we are thrilled to hear it's been worth it for your restaurant. The benefits are clear, so we're happy we could help you and your team make the switch :)

Lynn L.
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/27

"Our old way was an Excel spreadsheet......"

Comments: I can't imagine going back to the old way of doing things! When I've had questions or suggestions the 7shifts team has been prompt to respond and follow up.

Pros: Saves so much time over our old way of using an excel spreadsheet and having to keep track of paper time-off requests. Very easy to start using right away and great advanced features to use once you get into using the software! It was always a headache keeping track of vacation requests and changing availabilities - but now the computer flags them immediately. Employees feel more in control being able to electronically submit days-off requests and availability. Employees are easily able to see who's working or not in order to get their shifts covered/switched. Setting up shift templates and having the computer fill out the schedule according to employee availability is awesome. Employees being able to instantly see schedule and changes when they are made is great!

Cons: I'll never go back to excel for scheduling if that counts as a con?

by 7shifts on 2018/10/01

Lynn, hearing that you will never go back to Excel again is the highest praise we can review. Thanks so much for the great review!

• Reviewed on 2018/09/27
Tayler B.
Business Owner
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/15

"Wish I started using 7shifts sooner!"

Pros: 7shifts has helped me streamline my business. It is a great tool for communicating with our team with options to post announcements or group chats. It manages our time clocking (7punches), scheduling, and time off requests all in one place. On top of all of that, it integrates with my accounting and POS software so smoothly. 7shifts has saved me so much time and offers the convenience my team truly needed.

Cons: If there are any features that 7shifts may be lacking or any additional features that would benefit 7shifts clients further, they are either already working on it with their beta team or they are open to hearing your suggestions. This software has grown so much since I began utilizing it and has so much potential!

by 7shifts on 2020/11/24

Wow! Thank you SO much for the amazing review Tayler. Hearing how much 7shifts has helped your business really makes our day. We look forward to growing our platform to better serve you.

William M.
Expo
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees

"Overall Great Product"

Comments: Overall Positive

Pros: 7shifts and 7tasks offers many great tools to better manage employees. My favorite features are, the free app for employees, the simplistic UI, and the well organized statistics.

Cons: Issues with passwords being randomly denied, the app has gone down in the past (not recently), and some API’s don’t work as well as they could.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/06

Thanks for the review William! We are EXCITED to hear that you are finding as much value in our task management tool as our scheduling tools. Also, great to hear you are finding success with your Toast integration. Cheers!

Kumar P.
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/29

"Scheduling Made Easy"

Pros: 7shifts is one of several scheduling software options that allows you to have transparency in calculating hours and costs. It's a strong communication tool to send out information in addition to creating schedules for employees. The setup is easy, maintenance is seamless, and the visibility into costs is very helpful in making decisions.

Cons: 7shifts makes communication too easy, something that can be abused by both management and the team. When people can chat too easily, they will often abuse the system--something that was avoidable in the pen and paper days.

by 7shifts on 2019/08/30

Thanks for the review Kumar! We are happy to hear that you find 7shifts a great tool for helping to manage your labor costs, budgeting, and communications. And that is great feedback regarding our chat functionality I will make sure a member of our team follows up with you to show you how you can set it up to remove the 'noise' from your team. All the best!

• Reviewed on 2019/08/29
Arthur J.
Chef
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/09

"Empowering Staff Through Scheduling"

Comments: I started off with 7 shifts as a way of creating a simple digital schedule for my remote production facility staff that also executed offsite markets and events. Later, 7 shifts empowered me to take over the manual scheduling system that was in place at my full service Pub location which empowered my staff to be able to take control of their scheduling needs at their convenience.

Pros: Cloud based desktop and mobile app interface that empowers staff to build and maintain schedule and to be able to communicate with each other about scheduling needs and events.

Cons: there is not anything significant that I like least about the software to note.

by 7shifts on 2019/05/10

Thanks so much for the review Arthur! We really appreciate the feedback of long-time users like yourself and we are genuinely excited to hear about the empowerment that 7shifts provides to your staff. Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to ensure that 7shifts remains your top choice for scheduling and communication.

• Reviewed on 2019/05/09
Christian S.
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/18

"Great for restaurants to help save on labor"

Comments: Paying managers to make weekly schedule And handling all personal time off Requests. Lots of communication to solve simple problems now The app and the staff handle themselves Managers can concentrate on customer service.

Pros: Integrates with you Pos system and Pulls real time numbers. Going with a set schedule and staff handling their time request off via text or job post.
Looking forward to having next year numbers to help scheduling amounts.

Cons: That Implantation it’s not as easy as they make it sound “you’ll be up and running in a couple days “It takes time even though it can pull data from your Pos or via an Excel sheet IT did not drop everything in the proper places so add time for management to enter all data before the system can be used. But also very important to get the details right the first time for long-term results

by 7shifts on 2019/10/22

Thanks for the review Christian! We're so happy to hear that integration with your POS has had a positive impact on your scheduling and your business. And thanks for the feedback on the setup as well I have passed that feedback along to our team who will use it to see how we can improve our process for ALL customers, including yourself.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/18
Brian A.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/09

"Great App & product"

Pros: We used another scheduling up years ago and it just wast as user friendly as 7 Shifts. our Staff & Management loves the app. We like the app were we can pull it up on our phones to check schedules and it also integrates with our POS system so we can see what time an employee punched in or if they haven't arrived. Our Food Runners, Bussers and Hostess that are all high schoolers love it since they can request off and change shift all from there phones.

Cons: only bad thing is they launched & Tasks but you have to download a separate app. only wish that you could run both 7 Shift and & Tasks from one app so our staff can just use it for there phone.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/16

Thanks so much for the kind words Brian! We have so exciting improvements coming to our apps soon to make it easier for you and your staff to complete tasks effectively :)

• Reviewed on 2020/11/09
Andy L.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/31

"Better than its competitors. The most user friendly scheduling software you will find. Saves TIME!"

Comments: We used to use a MS Excel spreadsheet that calculated labor and flagged overtime. The problem was the ability to "Break" it by accidentally hitting the wrong key. Any schedule maker who wasn't a MS Excel wiz would then have trouble "Fixing" the schedule. This led to me vetting various scheduling software to find something more user friendly than MS Excel. We tried plenty of them, but 7Shifts stood head and shoulders above the rest.

Pros: It takes the excuse-making out of the scheduling process by keeping the schedule makers organized, informed, and on top of everything. Employee involvement makes the schedule maker's job much easier as well. The user friendliness is far superior to any other software. The iPhone/Android app is seamless and takes only a few minutes to grasp in its entirety. Lastly, if/when we have an issue to resolve, the customer service reps do an outstanding job of being available, friendly, and knowledgeable.

Cons: Occasional bugs...but customer service embraces the reporting of any issues because they want the software to be as good as possible.

• Reviewed on 2016/08/31
Brian K.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/13

"An overall, pleasant experience."

Comments: It definitely does a nice job of allowing everyone to communicate on a single platform. Very user friendly and the features are great. It has grown so much over the years.

Pros: I like how easy it is to actually schedule my staff. After they have put their availability in, it is so easy to know who can work and when.

Cons: I really don't care much for the overtime risk. It is not intuitive enough to know that people aren't being overscheduled. I like the idea, however, I get notifications that someone may hit overtime after only working for one hour that week. It would be nice if it was alerting you closer (10 hours out or so) to the actual overtime.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/24

Thanks so much for the review Brian! Appreciate your thoughts on the overtime notifications as well. I've passed that along to our product teams. Thanks again for being a long-time 7shifts user.

Craig S.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/12

"The Local American Saloon Restaurant"

Comments: Seamless! It will save you time and money! Seeing sales and labor is great also

Pros: 7 shifts is the best scheduling app by far.

Cons: That there is nothing better out there available

by 7shifts on 2020/11/18

Wow! Thanks for the high praise Craig. We love hearing that 7shifts is the best there is for your team.

Thomas K.
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/23

"The best restaurant scheduling software"

Pros: 7shifts is great, it is intuitive and easy to use! We use it for 4 different restaurants and all my managers and my employees love it. It is really easy to set up and to build schedules. You can look at your schedules several different ways, and you can also see estimated labor costs.
But the best part is the way it interacts with employees. There is a FREE app and they can see their schedule as well as request shift trades.
We used two different apps before 7 shifts including Hot Schedules and they do not even compare in terms of ease of use and functionality

Cons: Honestly, there is not much I don't like about 7 shifts. Whenever we have had a problem their support has been great and resolved it quickly.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/23
Ryan S.
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/28

"7 Shifts Review"

Comments: From the beginning of the free trial that the support team set us up, to the end of the trial just showed how great of a program 7 shifts is. My employees are already raving about it and how easy the phone app is too. The program is great and so is the customer service from the support team.

Pros: Ease of use, customer service, speed, responsiveness, price, does exactly what we were looking for.

Cons: Can't think of a con...just a great program

by 7shifts on 2019/05/29

Thanks for the review Ryan! We're excited to hear that 7shifts has been easy to setup and that you and your staff are loving it. Also, thanks for the kind words regarding our customer service. We take the support we provide our clients very seriously so it mean a lot to us to hear that it has been a benefit to you. All the best!

• Reviewed on 2019/05/28
CFO
Import & Export, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/03

"Amazing Easy To Softward"

Comments: Amazing customer service, quick response time and always provide clear and concise answers to support issues.

Pros: Easy to use, very employee interface for front end staff, even though without a lot of tech savvy.

Cons: A little pricey for SAAS, which the feedback module was more automated.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/05

Thanks so much for the kind review!

• Reviewed on 2020/11/03
Matthew K.
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/19

"Much Love"

Comments: So far so good. Getting used to a few quirks but the support team has been great.

Pros: The real time sales vs labor reports are a great tool!

Cons: Still having issues with integration mapping from TOAST

by 7shifts on 2019/11/20

Thanks for the review Matthew. We appreciate your feedback and I've passed along your mapping note to our support team. I will ensure that they reach out to you and get this solved. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/19
Kris B.
CEO/Founder
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/15

"Great Software, Great Support"

Comments: Love it and the support is great.

Pros: I love the communication it offers. We are open 7 days a week and 3 shifts, so we can't always see our staff in person for meetings. This helps us get messages to them in a form they use, on their phones.

Cons: It would be amazing if the software could alert us to those who do not respond. Maybe a weekly report of who missed what messages. Simple excel.
Also fun would be ratings for their participation. Maybe the fastest, or the people who hit 100% on all messages. We can then do rewards for them.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/24

Thanks for the great review Kris! We really love your ideas around how to make messaging fun for your team and I've passed those ideas along to our product teams. Cheers!

Kristin C.
Hospitality and Events Director
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/06

"Easy to use for service industry"

Comments: Overall been very easy to use and a great tool for our business.

Pros: I love the template option. I love having seasonal templates for our varying schedules in our brewery. The app is great for on the go managing of shift changes and time off requests. We use the log every night to keep all managers in the loop about each shift.

Cons: I wish I could find staff from schedule without deactivating them. Sometimes we have staff that don't work certain months, etc. and I would prefer to just hide them rather than deactivating.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/16

Thanks for the review Kristin! We're excited to hear that templates have worked so well for your brewery. I've also passed along your ideas for improvement to our development team.

Jay M.
Supervisor/Waiter/Face of the Franchise
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/29

"Connecting our community"

Pros: The software is untuitive and easy to use, thus easy to train new staff and managers. It helps all facets of our business remain on the same page and has become a "must read" every morning for all managers. Sharing weekend special information and procedural changes has never been easier and I couldn't imagine trying to run our two restarants without it! Thanks for all the support 7Shifts!

Cons: It's more so having to train our staff that it is still their responsibility to have their shift covered - just putting it up for grabs and hoping someone will pick it up is not enough! ;) I realize this isn't a software problem... it's more of a soft-staff problem.

by 7shifts on 2018/11/01

Thanks for the review Jay! It makes our day to hear that 7shifts is a 'must read' for all of your managers. We look forward to serving you and your business for many years to come.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/29
Jonathan F.
Directeur des opérations

"Time saver"

Comments: I’ve been using for a few years, couldn’t work without it !

Pros: Easy to communicate with all the employees, and keep a tracking of whom is working at the different address.

Cons: Nothing wrong, except that it’s get costly when the business is closed, but it’s an exceptional situation.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/18

Thanks for the review Jonathan! We understand that right now is an extraordinary circumstance, so if you need financial relief know that we are here for you. Please reach out to our team and we will do what we can to help you and your team out :)

Chelsea S.
Business & Events Manager
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees

"Happy with 7Shifts!"

Comments: Very happy with the appearance and functionality of this system. Makes scheduling easy and enjoyable.

Pros: It's easy to use for scheduling purchases. We love the different roles and breakdown between each department.

Cons: Sometimes staff complain they are not receiving messages or notifications right away, even if they are set up correctly for email and push notifications. Not sure if this is just a user error... we have to send them "password reset" to basically refresh their accounts. Has happened multiple times, but not all the time.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/16

Thanks for the great, detailed review Chelsea! We appreciate your feedback and love how much 7shifts has helped your restaurant.

Mark C.

"Great app"

Comments: Over all we like the features as we sync data with Toast POS. Can't justify the cost difference for the next tier up. But we love what currently use the product for.

Pros: We love the scheduling feature of the app. We also like that we can send texts directly to staff from the app. Allows for accountability. Staff can give up and pick up shifts with appropriate approvals.

Cons: The payroll reporting could be improved. Found that when we tested, it didn't match our POS numbers. Also, the app on the phone needs to be improved for work flow. Sometimes you have to do an extensive search to get the proper functionality from the phone.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/18

Thanks for the review Mark!