Filter by:

• Overall

About 7shifts

7shifts is designed to simplify team management, one shift at a time. Start your free 14-day trial today!

Learn more about 7shifts

Tom K.
Banquet Manager
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

"Game changing app!"

Comments: Overall it’s great! Customer service is my biggest reason for using 7shifts!!!! Questions get addressed the same day! If there’s a glitch or a feature request, they listen and will try to implement on their next update. This app has come a long way. The app is ever evolving and I see new features being added from time to time. Love the support and love the evolution. Price is also fair. 100% will recommend to any businesses!

Pros: A super all-in-one app that does pretty much everything. Scheduling, to time clocking, to event calendar, to messaging, to task assigning. Price is fair and function is easy to use.

Cons: Messaging within the app is slow and unreliable. Amount of notifications received is too much and not easily customizable. Not having the ability to show a staff’s shift from another department that work multiple departments when printing is kind of a bummer (if I am scheduled to work as a manager in admin department, I will not show up in the restaurant department even though I am assigned and appear on schedule).

by 7shifts on 2021/09/03

Tom, thank you SO much for such a detailed review with so much thought and consideration - our entire team really appreciates it and looks forward to providing your business with value for years to come.

Stephen M.
Vice President
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/31

"Great Scheduling Application for an Entertainment Complex!!"

Pros: Very simple integration into the overall day to day operation of the company. Easy to setup new hires and have continued communication as they are on boarded. Simple communication with the entire complex and all staff about changes and important information. Overall a great application that does actually what is says.

Cons: I think some of the available options to the staff are a bit too much. Such as everyone's email and phone number and the freedom to use that as they wish can be a bit of a headache.

by 7shifts on 2021/09/07

Thanks for the review Stephen! Expect some really good onboarding improvements coming very soon that are going to make your life even easier.

Leslie B.
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/26

"Best Decision"

Comments: I wish all companies had a team like 7 Shifts! Such a joy to work with. They love their job and are not just a sales department. Their support and development teams are just as good as their front line sales because they can really believe in their product and deliver what they are promising. First class!

Pros: We can maximize profit by scheduling exactly where needed with forecasting
We can create a schedule in minutes verses an hour
We can eliminate scheduling employees on requested days off or outside of their availability
Employees can update availability, time off without bothering management
Employees find a replacement for their shift after schedule is posted instead of bothering management
Managers can monitor labor in real time on phone app dashboard report
We use the 'engage' report as a positive way to eliminate attendance issues (late, no show, sick, change schedule, etc)
Employees can access by phone or computer
Employees can provide immediate shift feedback at end of shift
Managers can distribute hours and tasks evenly and monitor
Managers love the communication notification. One memo can be distributed to all or certain department to inform of last minute specials or even announce an employees birthday

Cons: To be honest, my list has dwindled of items I like least because everytime I bring a negative aspect to customer support, the development team calls and gathers information, then they begin programming and redesigning to improve their product for everyone. My only issue is waiting for them to make the awesome labor dashboard available for lower levels so managers can use it to train team leads without programming them to be in the 'management' category just to get the actual real time labor on their phone.

by 7shifts on 2019/12/02

Amazing! Thanks for the review Leslie. We are grateful for your feedback and it has made our team's day to hear from every department at 7shifts is pulling together to provide more value to you and your business. It's feedback like this that reminds us why labor management is vitally important to operators like yourself and we look forward to providing you and your team even more value in the future.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/26
Tory M.
Assistant General Manager
  • Reviewed on 2017/04/21

"Lots of Bang for the Buck!"

Comments: 7Shifts has been a tremendous timesaver! We used to spend so much time transferring requests to our paper scheduling forms. Now we can just work directly in the app. Saves paper too! Our staff is incredibly happy we've made this technological leap. Takes some stress out of their already busy lives by being able to switch shifts online. It has also alleviated the issue of "misreading" their schedule. As managers, we love that we no longer have to hear that excuse. Ha ha! Managing overtime is incredibly easier on 7Shifts. Prior to the app, we relied on floor managers to make judgement calls regarding shift exchanges when senior managers weren't available. Labor considerations didn't get factored into decisions and we would run higher labor numbers. Now that fewer managers are part of the shift exchange decisions, we know that the appropriate factors are being implemented into the decision making. The floor managers appreciate not having the pressure of making a decision that could negatively impact a shift. Posting and editing schedules in real time also alleviates issues. We would have people switch shifts and then forget. Now it goes immediately into their schedule once approved. Confusion alleviated!!! We don't use the auto-fill option but find that manually scheduling is so much more efficient in the app than it was on paper. I also love that you accept requests for features/functions and compile them for consideration. The service has always been wonderfully friendly and fast. The tutorials are really helpful and well done. I can't say enough good things. Thank you for creating such a user friendly app. Makes our busy restaurant lives so much easier!

Pros: Easy to use
Great tutorials
Fast and friendly support staff
Efficiency for reviewing labor
Incredibly communication tool between staff and management
Consider suggestions for functions and features and notify you if they become implemented
Fair price for the power of the product

by 7shifts on 2017/04/21

Thanks for the great, in-depth review Tory. We're happy to hear that 7shifts is helping alleviate the classic "misreading the schedule" problem for Beaver Street Brewery. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 2017/04/21
Ann P.
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/04

"Literally changed my life"

Comments: 7 Shifts helped reduce the stress on mangers who do the scheduling. Literally I would not make it out of the parking lot and I would start getting messages from staff about trading shifts , wanting time off etc. They can do most of this on the app. I do not have to carry a paper schedule with me everywhere I go. I do not have 3 or 4 copies of the schedule and all saying different things as they have not all been updated. It is all on my phone . I do not know if i can change the schedule from my phone . If you can I do not know how. Sometimes there are changes when I am out of the office that we cannot do on the app. I do take notes on this and update the schedule when I get to my computer. Not a big deal

Pros: How easy it is to use. It solved many of our scheduling issues.
Staff resolve many of the trades etc among themselves. The schedule is always up to-date. The schedule is always available on my phone. I can approve changes etc when I am not on site and the schedule is updated and everyone knows what is going on.

Cons: Sometimes the updates have caused some glitches. They are quickly resolved once 7 shifts is made aware. Because we are not a restaurant some of the features on it we do not need and show up all the time. It would be nice if there was a version without earnings profits etc. as we do not need all of that. We are a residential housing program for persons with disabilities and other then that it works really well for us.
the staff really like the freedom they have as well with the app.

by 7shifts on 2019/11/05

Thanks for the review Ann. We love hearing that 7shifts has changed your life for the better and alleviated many of the scheduling headaches that you used to experience. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/04
Server
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/05

"7shifts A Networking Dream"

Comments: Overall, 7shifts is quite easy to work with, I've only experienced some minor inconveniences with it. Otherwise, it is significantly more streamlined compared to software that my close friends have shown me that their workplaces implement.

Pros: As a worker, I've found 7shifts fairly easy to work with. It easily allows me to see my upcoming shifts and if necessary offer them up for others to take. I have not personally used other software, but my friends have told me that they are either unable to trade shifts easily or at all! The messaging features are also quite adequate as they are simple to understand and use. They make it a breeze to contact my coworkers or employer if necessary. Finally, I believe it is a fairly recent development, but 7shifts has a logbook feature that allows for commentary about that day of work. The logbook is exceptional at sharing information with my employer and coworkers, and helps us maintain inventory and smooth daily operations.

Cons: Its recording of my expected pay is not always 100% accurate although that's probably due to taxes. However it might be nice to implement a feature that determines what you'll make after tax. Additonally, I've had some issues trying to input my availability, where the dates will switch before I post my availability. This isn't a deal breaker but just a bit annoying to switch them back.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/06

Thanks for the review! We love getting the feedback of employees that use 7shifts and we are over the moon to see the value you are getting out of the platform. Nice work!

Ann S.
Director of Communications and Development
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/24

"7shifts was a game changer for us!"

Comments: We now have 4 restaurants/bars that utilize 7shifts and it's hard to imagine how we ever survived without it! It's streamlined our scheduling procedures and simplified the process of employees requesting off, submitting availability and swapping shifts. 7shifts customer service team is also extremely responsive and receptive any time we encounter an issue or even just want to provide our feedback on a certain feature that we think could be improved. We also now use the reporting tool for putting together high level labor tracking reports at the end of each month. Thanks, 7shifts, you're the best!

Pros: I love that everything is in one place so you don't have to worry about forgetting that someone sent an email or text message requesting off for a 2 week vacation 6 months ago (which is the system we previously had in place!)

Cons: I didn't like that you had to wait to enter employee raises until they were set to go into effect - although 7shifts has recently improved this feature so that you can set a specific date for an employee's new wage to begin!

by 7shifts on 2019/07/29

Thanks so much for the review Ann! It means a lot to our team that 7shifts has been able to help your growing business optimize (and report on!) your processes and continue to be successful. Cheers to you!

• Reviewed on 2019/07/24
Arpita O.
Admin
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/18

"Excellent scheduling software!"

Comments: I used to make schedules through Excel, and would have employees email time off requests and availability changes. This software makes everything so much easier. It is so easy to use - copy schedules from week to week, move around shifts, copy shifts, etc. This app made me like making the schedule! It's also employee-friendly - they can give up and pick up shifts, and manager can approve them. They can communicate with each other through chat. Phone numbers and emails are available, so employees can easily contact each other.

Pros: No glitches ever (previous app we used glitched and made errors to employees' schedules)
Budgeting tool
Ability to put in events
Color coding departments and jobs
Ability to print PDF schedule
Communication (chat and message options)
Employees can trade shifts
Availability and time off request features are perfect
Multiple locations allows you to use employees at different sites, but you can see in lighter color where they are already scheduled to work
Great value for the price
They keep making it better and will let you know when an update has been made

Cons: There's a minimal international fee charged monthly for 7Shifts. But that's all!

by 7shifts on 2018/10/01

Wow, wow, wow. Thanks for the kind words Arpita. We love hearing that you and your team are using every feature available in 7shifts to help Reggae Shack Cafe make scheduling less of a chore. Rock on!

• Reviewed on 2018/08/18
Joshua C.
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/12

"Great system and developing nicely"

Comments: Customer service as always been a pleasure. Not a big fan of continual prompts every time I log in for feedback or sales pitches but overall a real solid system.

Pros: During the time that we have used this software, there have been wonderful developments and rollouts that nicely enhance our operation. Keep up the good work!

Cons: It was very basic to begin with. Coming along nicely and will likely be the best product if they keep it up.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/18

Thanks for the review Joshua. You can rest assured that we will always be working to improve 7shifts and ensure that it's the best solution for restaurateurs like you.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/12
Hannah H.
Assistant Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/06

"User Friendly!!!"

Comments: It has been at least one thing that’s made my life a little easier over the past couple of years.

Pros: I have enough experience to compare this system to others and I love this one. It’s always easy to read and understand. The colors and how it’s laid out always helps me remember my schedules. It also helps remind me what position I’ll be filling in or what time I may be able to leave work or just what the week is going to look like business-wise.

Cons: At times, I don’t get all the notifications that coworkers post in different groups. They’re not typically super important posts but I like to be up-to-date.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/16

Thanks for the review Hannah! We love hearing that 7shifts has made your life easier and integrates with your Toast POS.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/06
Brandon K.
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/03

"Whole team loves it! Super easy to use"

Comments: I'm a super fan! They even sent us a sweet box of swag!
Even before that we fell in love with the software.
The number one thing though is how easy it is to use.

Pros: Incredibly simple to set up and begin using.
Team loves the autonomous features that give them control off requesting shifts and time off.
Management loves how easy it to publish weekly schedules.
My favorite features are the reporting and labor budgeting tools.

Cons: I wished I would have deployed it sooner

by 7shifts on 2021/01/08

Thanks so much for the review, Brandon! A lot of time and attention goes into designing 7shifts to give our restaurant clients a great experienceso we're glad you're experiencing that at Acorn Grill! Happy scheduling :)

• Reviewed on 2020/12/03
Tina T.
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/19

"7Shifts reduces scheduling time and burden"

Comments: It's typically a very challenging and time consuming task but 7Shifts reduces the time, stress and burden of scheduling.

Pros: I love that my employees are able to communicate with each other and work to fill their shifts if they're ill or issues arise. This frees up my limited time. The templates and metrics that the employees and myself are able to fill in re: how much they'd like to work and when are intuitive and allow me to reduce the time cross referencing. The software is incredibly intuitive and easy to use or find the things you're looking for. Finally, the service and support I've received from the team has been outstanding. They believe in their product and want it to work for your needs.

Cons: My business does a lot of outside events. While there is a section for events, I'd like for it to highlight the entire staff field for the day so I can more easily cross reference that there are major staffing changes that will need to occur.

by 7shifts on 2019/11/20

Wow, thanks so much for the review Tina! We really appreciate your feedback and your thoughts on how 7shifts has helped your team at Hearth. We know that creating and maintaining a schedule can be a burden, so we're thrilled to have the opportunity to help alleviate that for you. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/19
Heather M.
Heather M.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/28

"7shifts, not just for scheduling"

Comments: I have found that using 7shifts significantly decreases the number of errors surrounding scheduling and requested time off which is priceless in a labor market like this. furthermore, the time and energy spent on writing the schedule is much lower than when we used a homemade spreadsheet.

Pros: 7shifts makes scheduling easy with a copy to next week feature that allows scheduler to mimic previous weeks schedules. the repeating schedule feature makes scheduling kinder - allowing staff to set a weekly schedule of availability. the chat and announcements feature lets communication flow without messier emails and texts. the app-based time off submissions really simplify and streamline a formerly archaic system that was easy to screw up with paper notes, emails, calendars, notebooks. the shift pool empowers staff to make last minute changes to their schedules or pick up extra work.

Cons: there's a lot of neat features that you have to pay extra for like an events calendar and labor to sales based scheduling.

by 7shifts on 2019/04/01

Amazing! Thanks so much for the review Heather. We are happy to hear that 7shifts is proving beneficial to your team at State Park, especially in a tight labor market. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything we can do to help support you or your team.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/28
Katherine C.
Food & Beverages, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/31

"7shifts is a great communication & scheduling tool"

Comments: 7shifts has been great. We moved over from another scheduling software that was decreasing in functionality while increasing in price, 7shifts has accessed our expectations in replacing it.

Pros: Communication with individuals or groups is extremely easy with this tool. Schedules are easy to make & adjust. Manager log is simple & effective.

Cons: Having the ability to add specific staff journal notes (attached to each staff member in the system) to search easier would be helpful. Also being able to separate & post schedules by department.

by 7shifts on 2021/09/07

Thank you for the kind words Katherine! We are so happy to hear that making the switch to 7shifts was a benefit to your business.

Michael B.
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/17

"Beamer’s Coffee Bar"

Comments: Watching our sales correspond with the labour reports from 7Shifts has been a game changer. The mobile app makes it so easy to see as an owner where you need your staffing levels to be each day, but it also records history so you can go back and see what your sales and labour with even a weather report from a year ago that day. Also the 7Punch system has made it real easy for our staff to clock in and out. Keeps it simple and easy to use.

Pros: The integration of 7Shifts labour reports to our POS TouchBistro sales reports has been the perfect marriage. The interface of 7Shifts software has been easy to understand and use with admin, managers and staff levels.

Cons: Not much to say here because when moving over from another employee staffing company you quickly see the difference and benefits that 7Shifts has to offer you.

by 7shifts on 2019/01/18

Thanks for the outstanding review Michael! Our team has loved working with you and your team and we're SO excited to hear about the value that 7shifts and TouchBistro together are bringing to your business. We look forward to working with you and helping your business grow for years to come. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 2019/01/17
Business Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/09/27

"If they don't have what you're looking for, they will help you find it."

Comments: Before, we were using one service for our schedule-making, one for clocking employees in and out, one for payroll, etc., etc., etc. It's great to be able to simplify!

Pros: The number of features under the 7shifts umbrella is quite impressive when compared to their competitors. As a busy manager, it's very helpful to have one resource to do my scheduling, clock-ins and -outs, employee messaging, etc. Furthermore, if they don't have a feature I am looking for, their customer service chat is very helpful. I can be talking to a 7shifts representative in seconds about my ideas for easier use. I have even noticed that they have added a couple of these features.

Cons: We are a unique business, in that we are open 24/7. This service certainly functions well for us, with a few work arounds. However, it would be nice if they expanded their features to cater to different types of restaurants.

by 7shifts on 2018/10/01

Thanks for the review! We pride ourselves on delivering top-notch service, so we are excited to hear that your team has found it fast and effective. We're always looking to improve our app, so any time you have an idea for an improvement just reach out to us ¿ we want to hear it :)

• Reviewed on 2018/09/27
Amber C.
Restaurants, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/05

"General use of 7shifts - Pros and Cons"

Comments: It's been great. No real issues.

Pros: It's very easy to navigate. Simple, straight forward.

Cons: The only thing I would to see is ease in copying and pasting events on multiple days, opposed to having to write a repeated event, each day of the week.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/13

Thanks for the review Amber! We love working with the entire team at Donnelly Group across all of your various locations. Keep an eye out for awesome improvements to our events coming very soon. I'm also happy to report you CAN create events for multiple days. Check out this article to see how: https://support.7shifts.com/article/48-creating-events

Pamela H.
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/08

"We love using 7shifts"

Comments: We love using 7shifts and will continue to use it. It's very user friendly which helps with training new managers to use it and new staff can use it without any training at all.

Pros: All of our staff schedules are in one place (we have 2 locations plus offsite locations).
Ease of use - staff can access it on an app, staff can enter their availability easily, access their schedules easily. Our managers can create schedules really easily and quickly.
We can send messages to staff quickly that can send as a text or email.

Cons: I don't use it on a daily basis, so I can't comment on that. I would like to see integration with other software - payroll or event software if possible in the future

by 7shifts on 2019/11/11

Thanks for the review Pamela! Just wanted to let you know that we now DO offer a variety of payroll integrations for your team. You can check them out here: https://www.7shifts.com/integrated-partners

I've also passed along your information to our client success team so they can reach out to you and help get this setup. Cheers!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/08
Keith G.
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/24

"Great overall product for performance"

Comments: We have had a great experience overall. It has saved us so much time with their algorithm for scheduling, their ability to forecast given last years data (from the POS integration), and built in communication for messaging both general and specific (private messenger). We are still discovering tools and features that we utilize as we grow into new areas of our business, or try and mitigate regular issues more efficiently.

Pros: The integration with our P.O.S. system, Touch Bistro. Multiple user accessibility and role designation to limit or facilitate user responsibilities.

Cons: There are some basic features that are overlooked or harder to access. Customer support is very mindful of suggestions and typically works to add features for functionality as multiple organizations voice feedback. Customer service is kind and helpful. I imagine they do more with less so patience is required during supportive interactions.

by 7shifts on 2019/11/26

Thanks so much for the review Keith! We appreciate your feedback and are excited to hear that our integration with your TouchBistro POS has been beneficial to 7 Hills Brewing. Also, thanks for the feedback regarding our support team. We will be growing this team substantially over the coming months and will be looking forward to exceeding your expectations!

• Reviewed on 2019/11/24
Paul F.
Area Director
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees

"Awesome Sauce"

Pros: Has made the entire teams life simpler. From GM to hourly, this software is fantastic.

Cons: I do not see any cons in the 8 months we have utilized this software.

by 7shifts on 2021/09/07

Wow, thanks for the kind words Paul!

Daniel S.
Restaurant manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/10

"Good work scheduling app"

Pros: The ability to view my timesheets and hours and expected pre-tax pay for the current period, as well as previous ones

Cons: Inability to customize notifications individually as well as not being compatible to track labor and sales with our current pos system at work

by 7shifts on 2020/11/16

Thanks for the review Daniel!

David C.
Restaurant Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/10

"Fantastic Labor Management App"

Comments: Overall 7Shifts has been great. Its a great staff scheduling app, makes scheduling and communicating with our staff a breeze. And they are always improving and adding features. Great choice and a great tool for us.

Pros: Ease of use. Easy to understand. Great reporting and analytics.

Cons: Sometimes support has been a little slow, but they always respond.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/16

Thanks for the review David!

Adam W.
Director of Golf Operations
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11-50 Employees

"We love 7shifts"

Comments: Service is excellent. Very easy to use.

Pros: The thing I like the most is the convenience to communicate with our staff. As we have a young staff we know that the younger demographic like to communicate through text rather than e-mail. We like the ease of getting the information in real time to our staff when changes need to be made. We also like the availability aspect where our staff can submit their availability and the manager has to approve it when they submit. Also the switching of shifts and putting shifts up for availability is a nice feature

Cons: Not too much that we dislike about it.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/16

Thanks for the review Adam! 7shifts works great for golf courses and we're thrilled to hear it's working so well for your team.

Dania R.
Supervisor
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/05

"Great software for the food industry"

Pros: Easy to use for administrators and general staff. Communication features, as well as scheduling and hours, worked. Much better and friendlier than any other software I've used in the food industry.

Cons: It's has a lag when synchronizing the mobile app.

by 7shifts on 2020/11/13

Thanks for the review Dania! We love supporting fellow Canadian restaurateurs like yourself, especially when we hear that making a switch to 7shifts was beneficial to your business. We love forward to supporting your team for years to come.

Mallory F.
GM
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/13

"We love 7shifts!"

Comments: Great! Awesome customer service and ease of use.

Pros: I love using 7 shifts to organize our shows, and multiple areas of staffing. I also enjoy the messaging feature!

Cons: There is nothing I do not like about the features I use!

by 7shifts on 2020/11/24

Thanks for the review Mallory! We agree, making employees pay for an app isn't a cost-effective move, and we're happy to provide our apps for free to ALL users.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/13