• Overall
    4,3 /5
    4,2 /5
    4,2 /5

About Edsby

Edsby is a modern, cloud-based digital learning platform built for the unique needs of K-12 schools, states/provinces and countries.

Learn more about Edsby

Darryl H.
Education Management, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/27

"The Best Educational Management Tool Solution"

Comments: I find Edsby is the ideal all in one classroom management tool. Edsby allows me to present lessons with a variety of image and video formats, evaluate, post results with comments in a way that resonates with students and is accessible to parents.

Pros: 1. Intuitive layout
2. Very user-friendly for both teachers and students
3. The ability to incorporate various attachment formats such as .jpeg hyperlinks and .wmv files

Cons: I wish when accessing assignments for marking in the grade book the list on the right-hand side would show I have marked it and not require I click on the assignment on the list on the right in order to affect the number of unmarked assignments. I open the assignment and add comments by clicking on the assignment from the list on the grade book screen.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/27
Lisa B.
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/24

"Easy to use educational software for attendance, grades, and communication."

Pros: Clear and easy to use.
Accessible in mobile and regular format.
"One-stop shopping" for your educational communication: space for anecdotal and numerical grades, ability to communicate directly with students and or parents, attendance entry and communication with the office.
Edsby allows parents to monitor their child's completion of assignments, grades, and what has happened each day in class. Students who are away on family vacations or sports trips can keep track of what happens in class. Teachers can post handouts as well, giving students the ability to complete homework even if they forget a binder at school.
Simple and clear format.

Cons: I am generally pleased with how Edsby works. Any complaints I have are with small details. For example, the reportcard portion of Edsby lacks some of the features of a dedicated gradebook program. Also, I asked the customer service message board if there was a way to print out the curriculum expectations that we select for assignments (which are already in Edsby) at the end of semester, but have not received a response - customer service was much more responsive a few years ago.

Denise B.
Education Management, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/10

"Default Sort By First/Last Name"

Comments: Over all I believe Edsby has a TON of wonderful features and could only be improved with some minor tweaks.

Pros: I like that I can change the Sort order of the students to sort the list by First Name instead of Last Name.

Cons: I don't like that I have to set the SORT order EVERY time I go into my student gradebook - it should be either defaulted to the last setting or let me set my preference globally and have it stay that setting. I also think if I set it to sort by First Name the list should show the names as First Last - instead even though I select to sort by First Name it displays the names in Last First order. :(

• Reviewed on 2020/04/10
Julia P.
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/07

"Edsby is a great school management tool"

Comments: Edsby is a great teaching and learning tool, but it needs to move forward to be more user friendly for synchronous learning.

Pros: I enjoy the way a class is organized in different subjects and how teachers can be co-administrators.

Cons: There is no way to set up a post to be published in the future or to pin it to the top of the conversation.

by Edsby on 2020/08/18

Thanks, Julia. To capture a sent post at the top of an Edsby class or group, hover over it (in a web browser) and select "Pin," like you would "Like", or "Reply." It's there. Looking at incorporating more features specifically for remote learning.

• Reviewed on 2020/08/07
Principal
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/29

"We have had Edsby since its inception. We are pleased with most of what it does and aspires to be."

Comments: It connects teachers, students, and administrators together in an effective way. It is a very good student management system and interface that has the potential to be great.

Pros: The connections that it allows among families, students, teachers and administrators. The overall look makes sense with grades on one side, the feed in the centre and the courses and libraries on the other side. It is easy to read and fairly intuitive. As an administrator, I like that I can see most everything so with one piece of software, I can get a good sense of what is going on overall but I also can get granularity, as I need. I like the ability to Broadcast messages. I like the ability to get an overview of a student, current as well as past, and a peek into the future re: courses and grades.

The Report Card feature works well.

Cons: NUMBER 1 by far: There are no administrative master switches to do things such as turn off all grades or make them universally the same for all classes. There are certain times of the year that the look for parents and students should be the same. I either have to get each teacher to do it or give someone access to get it done for everyone. This is annoying. The inability for Edsby to change from day to day re: schedules - so attendance is often difficult to get correct. There is not enough flexibility to do so on our end. So the entire product looks shoddy to parents and students because times are rarely correct. It is tough for our attendance person to determine who is at school and who is not. The calendar is cumbersome. It takes too long to enter items and it is no easy to read. We have to use a separate calendar system. Messages are difficult to sort through (though the new sort feature is a great addition). Looking at past semesters is not easy. There are too many clicks. A single screen with all past grades and links from it would be much better.

by Edsby on 2018/11/29

Thanks for sharing your views on Edsby. Am pleased to share that your number one concern is unfounded - there IS a way in Edsby to do what you seek: you can push class setup options from a course model. Our head of customer success would like you to contact him so he can describe how to do this so you never have to manually do this again! He'd also like to find out more about your schedule concerns. You can reach him as bob(at)edsby.com or toll-free: +1 (877) 337-0070.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/29
Lesley A.
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"Edsby is great - there are tons of great features and it's user-friendly."

Comments: Online test option, seating plan, calendar function, student and parent communication, attaching files/assignments for absent students, due dates, etc.

Pros: I like the fact that I can communicate with students and parents in terms of due dates, test dates, missed work (I post what I do in class everyday and attach any assignments), as well as progress in the course (missing assignments, marked assignments, etc.).

Cons: I don't like how I can't enter multiple mark sets at time. I also wish there were attendance sheets with dates at the top (not the blank mark sheets). I also wish we could make our own names for what goes in the mark bucket (the drop-down list is good, but I wish I could choose the names of some of my items - example: "Fitness" for phys ed class). I wish there was a save function for report carding because I've had it happen where I've lost my internet connection and therefore, lost my recent comments for students.

Scott A.
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/16

"Very useful but still has bugs"

Comments: Overall Edsby is the most useful grading and school communication platform I have ever seen.  I really like how it is constantly changing as education changes. The live support chat is also impressive. Perhaps it would be useful if Edsby put out a series of tutorial videos for Teachers, Parents and Students to go over the features.

Pros: Edsby is very handy for grading and communicating with teachers, students and parents. It is essentially a social media platform that has been designed for a school community. I really like how functional the grade book is and how students can see their grades in realtime. The messaging and search features are also excellent and help keep everyone up to speed.

Cons: There are some bugs in some of the newer features like quizzes and polls.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/16
John V.
principal

"Excellent Communication Tool"

Comments: When we made the switch to Edsby, our parents and students felt that they were more informed and better equipped for success in the classroom. Edsby has allowed students to have access to everything they need from their classes as well as being able to keep informed about what is happening in the groups they participate in at school. Parents have loved being able to know what is happening in their son or daughter's class, as well as being informed about how they are doing. The best software package for attendance, grading, and communicating on the market.

Pros: everything you need is in one software package
live adjustments allowed on attendance
instant communication with students and parents

John V.
principal
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"Incredible way to efficiently communicate what is happening in the class with students and parents"

Pros: Students can get assignments and information from the class. Parents can view when assignments and tests are due. Parents and students can follow their progression in the class, which prevents surprises at the end of the semester. Easy messaging system for staff, students and parents.

Cons: Sometimes students rely on the information on Edsby too much and don't take responsibility for their own keeping track of assignments. As an administrator, it seems like I can't get rid of old groups which then clutters the management page of groups

Carolyn A.
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/03

"Positive with some frustrations"

Comments: Communication.

Pros: Communication with parents, students, and staff is easy. I use the calendar daily in order to make note of due dates and provide message reminders regularly. Having an outlet to post important documents is also highly valued.

Cons: Seeing student marks is challenging; the print versions are poor as printing marks are not visible and print templates lack space to write information. Viewing data could also be more user friendly. It would be nice for learning skills from Report 1 to remain in place for Report 2 as well.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/03
Mike P.
Principal
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/30

"Edsby has been wonderful at working with us & creating a customized platform that matches our needs"

Comments: An online community for our school.

Pros: The ease of use and ability to create numerous pages and groups. In addition, the report card and assessment tracking system is all we could ask for. Finally, the privacy settings and ability to invite and block certain groups is seamless which is very important for a school

Cons: As many areas in education constantly evolve, so does the need for shifting the way we do things online. Edsby doesn't always have stock items already built into the software; so, occasionally we need to ask them to create it for us. However, they are always responsive and get this done in a timely manner

• Reviewed on 2017/09/30
Jay E.
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/13

"A great tool if you buy into it"

Comments: Although there are always some kinks to work out Edsby is a useful tool for both educators and students, however, it needs a full adoption in order for the true benefits to take effect. I look forward to the continued improvements.

Pros: Helping kids organize their assignments and work schedules.

Cons: The app is in need of upgrades and certain glitches are left for too long at times making it difficult to sell people on.

Shelley H.
Information and Innovation Services
Education Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/24

"Working with the Edsby team has been great. Awesome features!"

Pros: The wide range of features available for K-12. There is something of value for everyone in our organization. Ease of use when communicating to parents is an added benefit.

Cons: I wish they had more people on the support line. It is difficult to bring on new customers, add new features, and still provide the same level of support.

Gina R.
Executive Assistant
Oil & Energy, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/13

"Edsby Is Awesome for Parents with Unorganized Children or those who don't communicate well"

Comments: I am very thankful for Edsby. I cannot tell you how many times I have gone on to take a look at my son's grades and been upset because of something he didn't turn in. Well thanks to the ease of use of Edsby, I could easily look up the assignment and print it out, along with the list of grades for each class to keep my son on top of his work and grades. Even in HS, it has proven to be a valuable tool as now he is at a stage in which he communicates as little as possible with me. It is fun to know his grades before I ask him. The program is fairly easy to use, but could be a bit harder for someone with no computer skills, but overall I love it!

Pros: Everything

Cons: There is nothing that I don't like about it.

David F.
IT Admin
Education Management, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"Support staff is Friendly and Knowledgeable"

Comments: Knowing that parents can view their child's progress realtime. This reduces the costs of time and resources of the front office staff of looking up the student's data / progress and keeping paper copies of records for years beyond.

Pros: The fact parents can see their children's grades realtime, while the data is safe and secure. Simplicity of use, and a shallow navigation learning curve.

Cons: Just a thought: having your own or preferred backend for the data for schools starting to work with Edsby for the first time.

Robert A.
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/28

"Great! It helps keep everything up to date!"

Pros: Posting lessons, handouts, worksheets...everything. When students are absent, they are still receiving all the material and they know where to find it.

Cons: Not a lot of cons. It does so much but one has to take the time to learn and figure it out. It can be a huge time saver.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/28
Stuart R.
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"Edsby has been a great communication tool. I am able to keep both parents and students informed."

Pros: The communication tools it provides so that I can keep parents and students up to date with class activities and assignment due dates.

Cons: It does not work well as an on-line classroom tool. Uploading files is not always reliable. Students have issues accessing reaoirces at home.

Frances P.
Administrative Assistant
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/28

"Edsby Review"

Comments: Communication opportunities greatly increased between staff and students

Pros: - Ease of use
- Offers lots of functionalities (attendance, filtering, report cards, groups, messaging)

Cons: - how it syncs with our database
- transcripts need fixing

• Reviewed on 2019/05/28
Rachel P.
Director of Students Services
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/26

"Love the interface and interactive features."

Pros: Quick, easy communications with students and parents. Its. great hub for activities and classes for students.

Cons: Posting options seems archaic, (can't edit or customize messages with colour, bold, etc.). Group pages have limited options for posting information; the knowledge section and library aren't very attratcive or obvious where students would find info that is posted (links, documents, etc.)

Dan M.
teacher
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/13

"Easy to use and powerful!"

Comments: Edsby has it all. It can track attendance, marks, posting of notes and pop-up surveys - and now it can even do online testing and quizzes that integrate with the gradebook!

Pros: Ease of use.
Responsive customer service.

Cons: The email should be more like email and not a chat.

Taylor T.
Director of Summer Programs
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/27

"Great, all-encompassing tool for education!"

Comments: I am able to be in the know with my colleagues and students (and, conversely, keep necessary individuals in the know from my end).

Pros: I like the sense of community and transparency that comes with the steady stream of information on a daily basis.

Cons: It's busy - there is a lot going on and it's not always fast to access what one needs to find. Results in a lot of clicking to get there.

• Reviewed on 2017/09/27
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/14

"Edsby"

Comments: Overall, Edsby keeps students and parents up to date and accountable for homwork and grades, and helps foster a stronger home-school connection.

Pros: Edsby allows information to be available from one dashboard across various platforms (app, browser). Parents can message teachers directly. It keeps students and parents informed about what is going on in their classrooms. Gradebook and report card functions.

Cons: Software can run slow at times, but that doesn't take away from the capabilities.

by Edsby on 2019/03/14

You said you're seeing slow performance at times in Edsby? We take performance seriously and are interested in where and when you're seeing issues. If you'd like to share specifics, pls. email them to [email protected] Thanks for your review!

• Reviewed on 2019/03/14
Paola D.
Higher Education, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/21

"great tool"

Pros: I love the ease of use. I am using Gradebook, Evidence and much more.

Cons: not enough time to become an expert at all the features

• Reviewed on 2018/11/21
Amanda B.
Higher Education, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/02

"Edsby is a decent program."

Comments: Edsby would work great if they could fix all the kinks. The concept is wonderful if it could be executed correctly. It did the job for a few months but we had to change programs to save both teachers and parents sanity.

Pros: What I liked most about Edsby is how easy it was to navigate. Most of the assignments were in one place and was easy to tell the students were to go.

Cons: What I liked least was how often the site would crash. It was very hard to use because it loaded when it wanted to. We were having lots of issues with it loading in a certain time frame when it finally decided to work.

• Reviewed on 2020/10/02
Isley U.
Grant Coordinator
Primary/Secondary Education, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/14

"Educational Software that fulfills all your needs!"

Comments: Pretty much everything a teacher could need in one easy package!

Pros: The gradebook is maybe my favorite feature of this powerful educational software. Not only does it meet all government compliance standards, but it's also so easy to use that you will be able to pull student/parent info and view report cards in minutes!

Cons: A little clunky when viewing assessments by class (have to open them separately), but nothing remotely serious in this fantastic software.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/14