SimpleConsign Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About SimpleConsign

Simple web based technology gives consignment, resale and antique malls the freedom and resources needed to thrive in today's market.

Learn more about SimpleConsign

Dana M.
  • Reviewed on 2021/01/23

"Simple Consign had definitely saved us so much time!"

Comments: Overall I really like Simple Consign. I used to hand write tags and keep a spreadsheet. I love that I can do all the things I need to in one program.

Pros: The ease of use and the ability to track everything.

Cons: When something sells online it doesn't always take them out of inventory and we get double orders. Also it seems as though when there is an update we have a lot of errors.

by Traxia on 2021/01/25

Thank you for the review Dana, with Shopify sometimes they update something on their end that messes with what we have on our end.

That being said, your issue should never happen.

I am having support reach out to you to make sure that your shopify plugin is working correctly and items are being marked as sold after selling.

Matt L.
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/14

"Love the software... wish it a few more options and a cell phone app for consignor and business ownr"

Comments: Much easier to inventory and check customers out. Much easier to manage consignor's sales and payouts than anything other software I researched. Also the fact that it's web based eliminates many reliability issues that can effect other similar systems. Much easier to track sales and trends throughout the day, month and year.

Pros: I love the bar coded price tag system that allows the consignor to enter their items into their inventory themselves. Love the bar code price tags (much more accurate and faster checkout process). Love the online account for the consignors to monitor sales. Love that it is a web based system so we don't have to rely on an in house computer (that could crash). Love that the software is accessible anywhere. This feature is particularly helpful for the business owner who has the capability to check sales reports, etc.. when not at the store.

Cons: There really needs to be a Simple Consign iPhone app both for the Consignors and for the business owner. The current system is only accessible through an internet browser on a cell phone (which limits the size of the pages size and is also very slow). A cell phone app would be very helpful especially when introducing the system to a new consignor.
It would also be nice to be able to set a discount on a consignors account (by the day and by the hour) instead of just by the day. It would also be nice if items that are entered into inventory by the consignor would have the exact time they were entered for each item and it wold also be nice if the items that have had the tags printed out were able to be marked somehow so that we could tell were a consignor left off when entering and printing out there tags. When a consignor pulls out: it would be nice if there was a way to classify that consignor as "inactive". It would be nice if consignors who are currently in the store are classified as "active" and those not in the store are inactive. Would also be nice if there was a way to email all of the "active" consignors at once through the software or Cell Phone App (if there was one). When looking up a Sales Report or a Transactions stat it would be nice to have a "Today" button that would take you straight to todays sales and transactions instead of having to go in and pick the beginning date off the pop up calendar and then pick the ending date off the popup calendar. The Cost.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/14
Tiffany T.
  • Reviewed on 2015/05/12

"AMAZING company! The BEST in consignment software!"

Pros: My team at Taylor Bug’s loves the system because it is easy to use. They think it is super easy to add store inventory and the option to search for consignors and customers. I am thankful for the value that we also receive for all the services that are provided!

From the moment we contacted Traxia I have been SUPER IMPRESSED and pleased!
I know the importance of partnering with companies that uphold high standards of quality and customer service. Being a customer for 2 years I have been amazed at the customer service that I have received in all areas and at all times! I am so thankful for the years I had doing it ‘old school’ style as it has helped me appreciated the complexity and possibilities that are offered with systems such as Traxia. They make a small business owners life possible, efficient and accurate!

Cons: After doing inventory with hand written tags for a year I switched to a download template software. It was AWFUL! I then came across Traxia SimpleConsign on-line. After reading the reviews, assessing the costs, and using the trial version I knew that it was a perfect fit for my store!
With over 1,000 consignors and 11,000 inventory items my store is able to provide records that were not even possible with our pencils and paper method. We are now able to offer store credit, cash and even a combination of the two! It is amazing to be able to search items that may have lost a tag, look up records of previous sold items for pricing points, pull reports and track new and consigned inventory, enter inventory items from home if needed, view store information/reporting on my phone just to name a few.
I also love the Help Desk option they use to 'view' our screen and help instruct and/or set up. And the best part is the company continues to excel, grow and create updates for its current and future clients.

by Traxia on 2021/01/27

Thank you for your review Tiffany!

• Reviewed on 2015/05/12
Ambur A.
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/19

"Overall great software"

Comments: We have had simple consign for years now and love it!

Pros: Easy to use and navigate. Many features we use every day.

Cons: I wish the online integration was better. We canceled our website because they couldn't get shopify to recognize as things were selling in our store

by Traxia on 2021/03/22

Hey Ambur, thank you so much for your review. We totally understand your frustration with the Shopify plugin. When we first launched the plug-in we had a handful of stores using it, 2 months in and we hit a global pandemic and suddenly the amount of people who are using the plug-in skyrockets.

This allowed for us to find issues we didn't even know were present before and address them, the inventory issue you mentioned being one of those issues.

This issue was unfortunate for stores but the important thing is that with so many confirmed incidences we were able to pinpoint the issue and resolve it.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/19
Dawn T.
Owner-manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/19

"Lifeline for the Learning Curve"

Comments: Our small, local, family-focused shop has benefitted greatly by the structure SimpleConsign has added to our consignment record-keeping as well as the relative ease of shopper transactions. Our next dream is to own an affordabe all-in-one credit card swipe/chip system that is compatible with Traxia to thus delete our antiquated, quirky swipe-to -a-desktop-printer system for receipts....no one wants to bother with ink, paper, storage. Saving up for that investment....

Pros: Our techno media manager discovered Simple Consign at a crucial time in our new-to-owning-a-business saga. Purchasing a wonderful (but a bit unorganized) little mom-and-pop consignment shop meant adopting some "used" software and all of its wonderful little glitches ----just at the height of the season. SimpleConsign rolled over all past records, self-taught our employees, and eased our frustrations.

Cons: Our only negative in these early months of adjustment is really still a positive: SimpleConsign contains many more options than we currently need. But we hope to continue exploring all its options and implementing additional task as necessary.

by Traxia on 2019/03/20

Dawn, thank you for this amazing review! We appreciate the time you took and especially love that SimpleConsign "self-taught your employees, and eased your frustrations." It's wonderful to know your life has been made easier by choosing SimpleConsign. Check out our partners page https://www.simpleconsign.com/partners/credit-card-processing/ and chat with one of our integrated credit card processors. They may work you a deal!
Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 2019/03/19
Maureen G.
Self-employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/10

"My silent partner"

Comments: It was easy to set up and it was an asset from day one.

Pros: I started my resale business with Simple Consign and I'm so thankful that I did. It tracks my inventory, is the center of my point of sale, and charts analytics and compiles financial report that are necessary for my day to day operation. The Simple Consign team has expanded the software to dovetail beautifully with Shopify to help me create a seamless integration between my bricks and mortar store and my online sales. The photo app is a brilliant tool and so simple to upload products to Shopify and other sales channels. The Consignors Access has strengthened my relatIonship with consignors and reduced the email and phone reporting. I recommend Simple Consign and rely on its power every single day. I have created my store and systems from scratch and Simple Consign has been a responsive and reliable partner. I recommend this software for new and transitioning businesses.

Cons: Anything that could ne improved gets improved so nothing comes to mind.

by Traxia on 2020/08/14

Thank you for Maureen we're happy to be your silent partners!

• Reviewed on 2020/08/10
Jill C.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/26

"Easy to use software, not perfect for consignment shops that also buy used merchandise."

Comments: I've had a good experience, overall. The support staff is awesome and I never have to wait long to get a response and it's always taken care of immediately.

Pros: Ease of use. Even my senior employees can navigate the system. I like how easy it is to keep track of taxes, sales and consignment inventory.

Cons: I don't like how it keeps my purchased consignment items in the system after they sell. I understand that it is there for items that are new and re-ordered, but we purchase a lot of used items and I would like the system to show "sold" once those items are sold. I would also love a pop up alert when a consignor goes into "ingrace" status.

by Traxia on 2018/10/29

Jill, thanks so much for taking the time to review SimpleConsign. We appreciate it. We're especially glad you feel the Support Staff is "awesome." Thanks also for your suggestions for store-owned items. We're always looking to improve. Our professional plan with Consignor Central lets consignors see whether their items are "in grace," "expired" or "sold." You might want to consider it.
Thanks again.

Connie N.
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/06

"Simple for Consignment"

Pros: One of my favorite features is that consignor's can access their accounts to view account balance, what items have sold, and what items are still active. The software is also fairly easy to understand and use once you have gotten accustomed to it. I thoroughly enjoy the option to edit inventory in bulk, as it makes it much easier when removing clothes from the system at the end of the season.

Cons: While it is easy to use, it's almost necessary to watch the training videos provided to understand exactly how the software works. One irksome issue I've stumbled upon, is that when entering the brand name, a drop down menu appears and on occasion the system has automatically chosen a pre-entered brand that is not the one I am trying to use at that time. When creating/printing reports you must be VERY specific about the information you are looking for, or it will not be correct. This is also frustrating at times.

by Traxia on 2018/12/07

Hi Connie. Thanks for leaving a review. We obviously have some work to do when it comes to providing you with Customer Support and Value for the Money! Please contact Support and have them set up custom reports for you so that you get the specific information you need. We hope, in the near future, to gain your confidence and trust to earn 5 stars on everything! Thanks again.

• Reviewed on 2018/12/06
Emily B.

"I love Simple Consign"

Comments: Overall I really liek Simple Consign, Traxia and the tech support so the best especially [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Hi [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]! They are quick to call and quick to get it all fixed.

Pros: It’s really easy to use and easy to train employees on. I love the automation of the price book and the Shopify integration.

Cons: The reports can be a little hard to manuever sometimes and the cloud printing keeps kicking off the tag printers.

by Traxia on 2021/01/25

Thank you for your review Emily! We are always looking to improve our reports, reach out to [email protected] and let us know what you think could be improved.

Bonnie K.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/13

"I sleep better knowing my data is safe!"

Pros: The Traxia team works hard to keep new features rolling out, continually asking for input from their subscribers. Because the software was built to be web-based, their are rarely little problems that must be patched and if there are patches, we don't even see them. They take care of everything so I can run my store without worrying about my software. However, what I like most about the software is the entire Traxia Team, they truly care, they support our industry and contribute to it.

Cons: I'm ready for the software to allow me to pay consignors across all locations without moving money from one store to another. We love the store credit across all locations feature. Now waiting on the pay across all locations feature.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/13
Kathleen I.
Owner/Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/02

"Made my Life SOOOOOO much easier"

Comments: Wonderful :)

Pros: Pretty much everything and I can't pick just one thing, ease of use and functionality between every computer, being able to work from home (or anywhere), that it integrates with the website easily

Cons: The Layaways - we offer trials through the layaway function and when it comes time to make it a purchase if the price is changed or just one item is returned the entire transaction needs to be redone. Has caused confusion in staff and impatience in customers as we re-do it

by Traxia on 2018/11/09

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Kathleen. We really appreciate that you feel SimpleConsign is "wonderful." We're sorry our layaway function is difficult for you, but very happy we've made your life soooooo much easier! Thanks again!

Kathi L.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2015/10/16

"Great Customer Service and Easy to Use"

Pros: The POS is extremely easy to use. There is also a rewards program incorporated in the POS that has saved us time and money. The Customer Service is excellent. When we have concerns or suggestions, we are contacted immediately and the issues are addressed if possible. They have listened to our needs and implement those needs when it is possible.

Cons: There are still a few areas that we would like to see changed or improved. Some of the printing issues have been a problem, but have been addressed. We would still like to see a sequential consignor numbering system, instead of a random number.

by Traxia on 2021/01/27

Thank you for your review Kathi, in regards to consignor numbers they are randomly generated so our system never has 2 consignors with the same numbers, this also comes into play when you have multiple locations so you do not have repeat numbers.

• Reviewed on 2015/10/16
Deanna R.
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/18

"Love it!!!"

Comments: I have used them since I opened up my consignment shop over 7 years ago and they have helped from day one! Their customer service is A++! Nice guys that don’t laugh at my techy questions. It is nice to not have to worry about all of that information. You know it’s going to work every time!

Pros: It’s Cloud Based.
It keeps track of pretty much everything!
Helps build email list.
Ease of processing.

Cons: The term “expires” as they use it. My items that are expiring are good for another 9 days. The term itself is confusing for my consignors when they are looking in their end.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/18
Jo S.
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/21

"Best consignment software"

Comments: I am way over the other side of the world from Traxias home base, yet when I needed support, they were available to help instantly. Super friendly too.

Pros: Simple Consign is easy to use and gives me peace of mind that I always know what stock I have at anytime, accessible anywhere. Trustworthy, reliable processing and top notch support. Life changing software for my business.

Cons: There is no con, other than price, which is very good, so it is a shadow con really, who doesn’t want something for cheaper than it is.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/21
Amanda K.
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/13

"Simple Consign makes life easy"

Comments: We have had a wonderful experience! We love that it tracks everything. We love that it takes no time to train employees to use. I believe this was the best decision I have ever made for my business.

Pros: I love everything about simple consign. My favorite thing has to be the support. No matter the day, simple consign's support team is there to help you with any issues you may have.

Cons: There are no cons. Prior to simple consign, we did everything by hand. So, we absolutely love the software!

by Traxia on 2018/08/22

Amanda, thanks for the wonderful review! We're thrilled you feel choosing SimpleConsign was the best decision you ever made for your business. Thanks again.

Michelle S.

"Software review"

Pros: The interface is simple to follow and use for new users

Cons: Unable to customize ( add/remove) things
No update warnings and what is being changed
No SMS/EMAIL feature to notify consignor if items are sold

by Traxia on 2018/08/22

Thanks for your review Michelle,
We're thrilled you gave us a 9 out of 10 recommendation, but a little concerned that you weren't finding any value in our Customer Support or for the money you spend. Please check with our Support team because there are features you can turn on and off within the system. I'll check to make sure we have the correct email address to make sure you're receiving all notifications. The automatic notification of consignors when their items sell comes with Consignor Central in our Professional Plan. Please let us know how we can improve your experience with SimpleConsign!

Maemie D.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/26

"Ease of use and simplicity for consignors is great!"

Comments: Having the ability to scan each item as it's brought to the counter, rather than having to enter each item from a handwritten tag is a huge time saver for both my consignors and whoever is working the register!

Pros: The ease of use for my consignors makes this software the best I have used yet.

Cons: This software does not have enough reporting capabilities for the business side of things, this makes the business side of thing hard.

by Traxia on 2018/10/29

Maemie, welcome to the SimpleConsign team. I know you've recently taken over The Tacky Turtle and we're glad to have you on Team Traxia. So happy to see that you're finding the system easy to use. I'm going to have the Tech Support team contact you about the Reports you need and get you all set up! Thanks for taking the time to let us know!

Leah H.
  • Reviewed on 2015/09/20

"SimpleConsign for the best customer service!"

Pros: Customer service is the best that I have ever experienced. Every email, support ticket, and phone call has been answered quickly and effectively resolved any issue I may encounter.
The interface itself is easy to use. Almost initiative in the way that if I think something should be "right here" it usually is. My 70 year old Grandmother has learned how to check people out with out a problem!
The reports section allows for all the data collection I could want. I am easily able to compare sales over time periods, figure out consignor portions, sales tax, fees. My current favorite feature has to be calculating the top ten consignors, bottom ten, what percentage of their items sold, ect.

Cons: There isn't a single thing I would change! Last year there were a few features I would have noted here, but in the last update, all of them were added!

by Traxia on 2021/01/27

Thank you so much for your review Leah!

• Reviewed on 2015/09/20
Beth B.
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/15

"Pay outright resale store review"

Comments: It’s been pretty great, I just wish it were more friendly towards buy out right stores.

Pros: Price, reliability and ease of use. Very good value overall, and user-friendly

Cons: It’s not that great for resale stores/pay out right stores. There are a lot of workarounds I’ve had to do to accommodate it, and have talked to them, and they don’t seem that willing to accommodate or change gor buy out right stores.

by Traxia on 2019/03/26

Thanks Beth for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate it. All of our customers are very important to us, but the majority of them are in consignment. Unfortunately, we find ourselves needing to work on their issues because they affect so many of our customers. We're not ignoring you though. Thanks for giving us feedback!

• Reviewed on 2019/03/15
Daniel C.
Daniel C.
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/07

"User and fan of Simpleconsign"

Comments: I like the software and the support team.

Pros: Easy to use on all platforms and requires very little training.

Cons: Limited in features when it comes to buying clothing and missing some simple functionality like easily adding a new customer to a sale for loyalty.

by Traxia on 2018/08/08

Hi Dan. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We really appreciate it. We appreciate you being a loyal and faithful customer too. Obviously, we need to do more to get those stars up! Let's talk about what you're needing to make sure you're using the system to its fullest.
Thanks again

• Reviewed on 2018/08/07
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/06

"Best support team ever"

Comments: Keeping an inventory is good for me. Being able to recreate repots.

Pros: Quit user friendly. When stumped help is a call away.

Cons: Setting categories is not intuitive.
No place for notes on new inventory page.
Changing consignors (bulk) is not intuitive.

by Traxia on 2018/11/12

We appreciate the great review and only wish we could thank you directly. Traxia is always looking to improve and getting suggestions and feedback from our customers is the perfect way. So happy you feel our Support Team is the best ever. We would definitely have to agree!
Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 2018/11/06
Carrie E.
Retail, 11-50 Employees

"Easy to use!"

Comments: Wonderful! If an issue came up early on when I was learning the program their support team was great to work with.

Pros: This software is very easy to setup and use. I was a new business owner that was new to this industry. It was easy to setup, learn and facilitate. Most of my dealers are not computer savvy and shy away from computers. This program was easy to teach them to use. They have all mastered using it for their inventory. This has made my job a lot more manageable.

Cons: Nothing. I have had great success with it.

by Traxia on 2018/11/05

Carrie, wow, thank you. We are so pleased to hear you are having such wonderful success with SimpleConsign. We're also glad your dealers have found it easy to use as well. Thanks for taking the time to leave us such a great review. We can't ask for more... 5 out of 5 stars and a 10 out of 10 recommendation.

Stacie M.
  • Reviewed on 2015/09/14

"Best on the Market"

Pros: *Quick response from tech support
*Ease of use with multiple stores
*General ease of use regarding input and organization

Cons: We really had very few issues - there are some reports that we would have liked, but were not able to put together through their options, but we could usually come up with something that did the job

by Traxia on 2021/01/27

Thank you so much for being a customer and for your review Stacie!

• Reviewed on 2015/09/14
Constance S.
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/17

"Ok"

Comments: the CS is quick to respond

Pros: Not familiar with other products of this nature - so it does what I need.

Cons: in ability to pull specific reports or correct bad transactions

by Traxia on 2020/08/24

Hey Constance SimpleConsign does have the ability to run custom reports. Someone from our customer support team will be reaching out momentarily with the information on how to run a custom report and modify transactions. Hope this helps!

• Reviewed on 2020/08/17
Julie A.
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/12

"I love Using Simple Consign!"

Comments: It has made it incredibly easy to start my consignment store using this product. I love the ease that the vendors have in adding their own merchandise. It works great!

Pros: It is easy to learn, easy to run, reports out on the more important data needed for taxes. The Payout tasks are super easy and allow me to send out my checks almost immediately!

Cons: Maybe just the set up of the label - the Edna software was a little hard to figure out until I made a service call to Simple Consign.

by Traxia on 2019/03/15

Hey Julie, thanks for taking the time to write a review! Wow, 5 out of 5 stars and a 10 out of 19 recommendation! We appreciate it. I'm a born and bred St. Louis girl who lived in South City for a number of years. I can't wait to come home and see your shop!
Thanks again,