Sprout Social Reviews

by Sprout Social

Filter by:

• Overall

About Sprout Social

Sprout Social offers social media engagement, publishing, analytics, listening and reporting solutions for leading agencies and brands.

Learn more about Sprout Social

Aricio F.
Aricio F.
Chief Creative Officer
Marketing & Advertising, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/09/03

"Sprout Social is the ideal tool for social network management."

Pros: Sprout Social is used in Marketing, Sales and Projects. This tool is being used in the different areas of my organization as it has provided us with a framework where we can have all the control of our Networks, we can track the audience that our posts have, the extent of the audience that captures the posts of different topics in our different social networks. Currently Sprout is the best tool to manage our networks that we have used. It is not difficult to set up, simple to configure, easy to add users and simple to use consistently.

Cons: Sprout Social is a bit overwhelming from the start. It's hard to know where to start with each of the different features it has.

• Reviewed on 2021/09/03
Danielle S.
Social Media Manager
Higher Education, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/02

"Easily allows for teamwork"

Comments: Overall, this is an easy-to-use tool that makes my daily work so much more manageable, and makes teamwork seamless.

Pros: One of the best features on Sprout is the ability to have multiple users create, review, and publish content. This has saved us a tremendous amount of time on our team. The user interface is really nice and accessible, and the features are all the essentials you would want in a scheduling tool plus some bonus features that I don't use often but are nice to have. Most of all, the reporting tool saves me a tremendous amount of time. It's customizable so you can quickly pull a report for a certain channel and window of time when needed.

Cons: When drafting content, sometimes it's difficult for tags to load or come through at all, especially with regards to Facebook. I also wish that you could customize the metadata on links in Sprout, with the same functionality of something like Yoast, so that your social person could swap out thumbnails quickly. I do have issues from time to time with what attachments are generated as well; depending on the order in which you insert links into the draft, it will pull different attachments. Sometimes you have to delete and re-insert links in the draft to get the right attachment. It would be better if Sprout added a section to choose the link you want to attach.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/02
Marketing Communications Manager
Consumer Services, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/24

"Great Social Tool to Manager Multiple Brands"

Comments: For the most part gives us an all-in-one social media management and creation tool. Perfect for collaboration and the structure of permissions and approvals helps on a team level.

Pros: Allows us to collaborate across our team with members in different locations. Love the notifications and ability to respond directly to social posts within the app. The ability to email posts to certain non-users helps, and being able to tag content types makes organization easy. The including reporting is robust and provides enough information across multiple platforms to make good decisions. The single inbox is ideal and is the reason we continue to use the platform. It's great to know if something was handled and by which user and the sense of accomplishment is there once you clear your inbox.

Cons: The listening tools are a separate cost and for our brands becomes too expensive to commit to. Which it had more feature built in like other platforms to scour and collect keyword mentions across other platforms (not just social).

• Reviewed on 2019/06/24
Cari E.
Asst. Director of Marketing & Public Relations
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/21

"I absolutely love Sprout Social."

Comments: I'm always surprised when a social media manager hasn't heard of Sprout. In my social media classes for my masters degree most of my classmates used Hootsuite and they were surprised by the differences between the two products. Sprout is by far superior and I'll never go back.

Pros: Sprout Social makes social media management simple. I publish content on a daily basis and review our notifications, messages, and assign tasks when needed. The crop tools help us with our photography and graphics for each platform. Most platforms also allow alt text, which is extremely helpful and is a huge priority for us as an institute of higher education.

Cons: Sometimes the content calendar glitches and it shows all of the posts per day, including shares, that we didn't necessarily create. It can be a little messy and difficult to navigate when this happens, but it is rare and likely occurs when the software is going through updates. And who doesn't want updates/improvements? Definitely not a deal breaker in the slightest.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/21
Shannon W.
Marketing Design Specialist
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/28

"Improvements and Satisfaction from a Graphic Designer/Content Specialist"

Comments: It has been great to consolidate all our social media to one spot. It saves time in planning and gives us the ability to track data, which is the most valuable feature for us. Too many great things to say. Always appreciate the drive for continuous improvement of Sprout Social. I think staying on top ever-changing social features and trends sets Sprout apart.

Pros: So many great features and usability! Truly the the most innovative tool for social media on the market.

Cons: - It would be nice if when you select multiple social media profiles to post to at the same time it would automatically post to the most optimal time for each instead of averaging the time of all of them. - If we have a piece of content that we really want people to see, it would be nice to know optimal send time over a given week instead of only being able to see optimal send time on one given day. Maybe it is a a stat that shows up on your dash board like "the best time to post this week is: Thursday at 12:05 PM." Optimal send times could be its own page or report. - It would be GREAT if you could see a breakdown of business demographics vs personal profile demographics. I think our demographics for Twitter are inaccurate, because most of our followers are businesses/organizations and automatically assign a male gender and random age when they create their profile. - It is not clear in your "Always up-to-date" specs for LinkedIn the exact size of an image when you post it. - Exact image specs for social is kinda confusing. It looks like Twitter's in-post preview doesn't match the specs - graphics get cut off. Also, it looks like Twitter and Facebook also previews different content sizes in addition to what is listed on your specs pages. For example, in-post square images show up on Facebook and Twitter without getting cut off. It would be nice to know all the different sizes each social media sizes that are offered as they change.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/28
Kelsey M.
Marketing & Social Media Specialist
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/27

"Sprout Social is the easiest and most intuitive way to monitor multiple social media channels"

Comments: Saves tons of time by having all notifications for all social platforms in one place, saves even more time by letting you respond to them as needed directly from Sprout, helps me stay organized by allowing me to archive completed notifications, scheduling for all platforms and a hybrid scheduling option for Instagram (which is amazing), intuitive analytic reports that are easy to read and understand

Pros: Smart Inbox: this is the best feature I have come across in social monitoring platform. You choose what results you want to see and it shows you all of them from every platform you choosing in one convenient space, and allows you to respond to any comments/messages, follow back, like, delete, etc. without leaving Sprout's website. I have never had a notification slip through the cracks and it helps immensely with interacting with people on multiple channels

Cons: They are a little slow on offering features to utilize updates on social media platforms. They almost always eventually add features, but a nice compromise would be to put out an article or email saying "we know about the update, here's what you need to know, we're working on implementing it on our platform".

• Reviewed on 2017/06/27
Katie D.
Social Media Intern
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/10

"A Killer Deal Needing A Few Tweaks"

Comments: Overall, the software is a killer deal and easy to pick up and use. I do feel like there's more I can be doing with the software than I currently am, but it's hard for me to know what all is in there.

Pros: I work for a non-profit, so this software is a great value for the features it offers. It is fairly intuitive and easy to pick up quickly. I like the calendar view, and I like being able to comment on posts that are being drafted to communicate with my coworkers.

Cons: There are a few weird quirks it would be great to fix, if possible. Having to manually post the multi-picture instagrams leaves a larger margin for human error (I realize this is mostly instagrams fault, but is a consistent issue I have). While I love being able to message my coworkers in sprout, the notification feature for this could use some improvement. Instead of spamming inboxes (why do I get an email when I make a comment..?), it would be great to have red notification flags within the software (I use a desktop, maybe this is available on the app?), so anytime my coworkers log in they can see it. I also find it frustrating that I need to constantly refresh in order to see the most up to date calendar/drafts. We have many marketing team members, so being able to have it auto refresh would be helpful in keeping up with what is most up to date. I wish I was able to send comments when I send a post for approval (ie. Need to add a picture, should we schedule this for xx date, I'm having trouble with this sentence, how would you phrase it, etc), since the notifications on post comments isn't great and my manager doesn't always see them. Lastly, the desktop version has an outdated emoji keyboard available - would love to see it offer all the emojis you can get on your phone.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/10
Román E.
Senior consultant
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/24

"Sprout Social: All your social media accounts and tasks in a single smart inbox"

Comments: Sprout Social has helped us solve the problem of working with several accounts at the same time, especially with clients that use social networks as customer service channels for their services and companies.
Sprout Social's server capacity and the overall stability of the platform are also remarkable.
When a certain scale is reached in the number of users and managed profiles, the cost-benefit ratio increases positively.

Pros: The most useful tool of Sprout Social is the smart inbox, which brings together all the interactions, messages and comments of all social media profiles that are handled in a single working queue.
This allows you to easily manage large amounts of work and is particularly useful for CRM jobs with social networks.

Cons: The limited capacity to conduct complex social listening research.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/24
Rose D.
Founder/CEO
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/23

"Excellent, continually improving social media management platform"

Comments: Simplified, user-friendly social media monitoring and management tools--and great reporting! I forgot to mention that. Having used HootSuite for a while before this, I feel that Sprout is a much better match both for me and my clients, and it continues to get better all the time.

Pros: I like its ease of use (particularly the ViralPost feature). Sprout Social is clearly designed to make the life of a social media manager or consultant as easy as possible, and they are continually releasing new features and improvements. They actively solicit feedback on how their product could be improved, and they act on that feedback too. Sprout's tech support is also top notch. They are great communicators and always available via chat to answer your questions.

Cons: I think content discovery is still a little challenging within the tool (and I don't mind so much because it's not a main feature that I was looking for when I chose Sprout), but I believe Sprout is working on ways to enhance this.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/23
Heather B.
Heather B.
Sr. Member Insights Analyst
Banking, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/21

"Good software...will be better with a few enhancements"

Comments: See above

Pros: As someone in charge of Social Care Response, I love that all of our social channels are available in one place vs. having to go out to individual native sites. I also love the tagging functionality to help report on themes.

Cons: I think there is a lot of improvement needed on the Sprout Social App. It is missing a lot of the key features that the desktop site offers - such as being able to click on post and see the conversation...including accessing the post on the native site. There is also opportunity to allow access to turning on an off the bots within the app. Right now we have to have the desktop site downloaded as a bookmark on my phone to access just the bot. Lastly...PLEASE ALLOW BOT SCHEDULING! We don't want to have the bot on during business hours as we like to respond individually...but have them on after-hours for top reasons why members post to our pages. We have to have reminders to ourselves to manually make sure we are turning on the bot after hours, and turning off the bot when business hours being.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/21
Scott F.
Scott F.
Online Marketing Strategist
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/26

"You Can't Afford Not to Use Sprout"

Comments: Simply put, Sprout Social is a time saver. There is very little reason not to save time as a business, as I'm sure there are better things you can do than being constantly distracted with social media, so just take the plunge. Especially useful is the ability to edit metadata on links shared to facebook (provided you have verified ownership of the website in facebook business manager). Sprout makes it easy to get a handle on your social media activities and stay ahead of the game.

Pros: Sprout Social saved us so much time with our social media and helped us see what was going on with all of our accounts. We manage 12 different accounts, and this put almost all of it in one place. The user interface is extremely easy once you figure it out, and if you have any issues, the support is instantaneous through the chat feature. You can't afford not to save the time Sprout saves you, so do yourself a favor and get it.

Cons: The biggest issue with Sprout Social is that it doesn't actually post to Instagram for you, although it does allow you to create a schedule and then notifies you when to post. That is the single biggest feature that needs to be added, as some other competitors have already done so. But as far as the rest of the social media accounts you can manage, it's second to none.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/26
William M.
Social Media Engagement Manager
Hospitality, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/09

"Great Software for Social Customer Care"

Comments: Everyone I've spoken to at Sprout has been fantastic. In another year or so once they've really fine-tuned their entire product, it will be one of the best.

Pros: Ease of use - the inbox is extremely easy for care reps to digest, especially if they've never used social tools in the past.
Support - Sprout's support team is on top of any issue. I always received a prompt response from their support team.
Innovation - Sprout was always at the forefront of new social updates - for example, they are one of the only engagement tools to offer a built in chat bot.

Cons: Lack of integration - Sprout doesn't integrate with many other products, specifically listening tools.
Social listening - While they are developing their own listening tool suite, they are going to be behind industry leaders for some time yet.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/09
Carolyn A.
Social Media Manager
Civic & Social Organization, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/20

"SproutSocial helps my small team do big things"

Comments: With so much evergreen content in the tourism industry, the ability to schedule repeated content several months out saves me so much time. The Smart Inbox has been so helpful for me. Since it works like an email inbox, it helps me to know social messages I've addressed or still need to address. My company has many members that can be retweeted in our social feed. Advanced Retweet is my favorite new feature.

Pros: The platform is robust and has helped my social media team of 1 out immensely. When I had an intern this summer, it was easy to get her onboarded with the tool by adding a seat. The price is right. Their support team is quick and helpful. We had a more "advanced" tool in the past, but Sprout Social fit our content and tagging needs better.

Cons: Sometimes tasks take a few extra clicks than I believe they need to. And I'd like the ability to add tags instead of being restricted to a certain number (based on how we use tags).

• Reviewed on 2017/09/20
Social Media
Entertainment, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/20

"Sprout as a Social Media platform"

Comments: The business problems we are solving with sprout is the scheduling and planning ahead in time.

Pros: We use sprout as our main social media management platform and social media listening software. It's great to get all the social media insights from various platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and son on. We also usually schedule all of our social media content on sprout to go out automatically. It's great for data collection as well.

Cons: My only con which I have with sprout, is that it has some limitations for social listening and scheduling. We have a hard time scheduling instagram content.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/20
Heather H.
Content Marketing Manager
Real Estate, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/22

"Keep Coming Back"

Comments: I've used Sprout Social at three different company's now. I try other less expensive platforms but always seem to come back to this one. The smart inbox is a large reason why, but it also just seems to be the most robust and easiest to navigate of all the social tools available.

Pros: My favorite feature by far is the smart inbox. I also appreciate the calendar and how easy it is to schedule posts. Being able to coordinate tasks between users and integrate with help desk software is also incredibly helpful.

Cons: I wish I had the ability to customize posts for individual platforms without having to duplicate the post, though it's really a pretty minor inconvenience and there are benefits to keeping them separate, too. It would be nice if they offered a wider variety of help desk software integration, too.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/22
Natalie D.
Social Media Researcher
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/29

"Very good analytics reports/ spreadsheets and nice publishing calendar. Excellent support service."

Comments: Convenience, good analytics. However the price is absurd compared to other tools.

Pros: The look and feel of the desktop site is great, very easy to navigate. I switched to Sprout from Hootsuite for the analytics; they don't have more access to insights than other tools, but the reports are much better than most other tools. There is excellent support, issues can be resolved in minutes! They follow up IT tickets very quickly too, you aren't left hanging. Literally the best service I've ever had!

Cons: They lack some of the functions of other tools like Hootsuite, but are catching up, like the recently added video and multiple images upload. The mobile app is very clumsy. The layout is overcomplicated/crowded and often bugs out (on multiple devices), either when trying to scroll to the sections of tabs/sections (too many!), or when sending a photo to Instagram/Twitter to publish. If you restart the app it works fine, it's just annoying.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/29
Ken D.
Ken D.
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/01

"It could have been great, but"

Comments: I was happy with the software, but I was less than thrilled that I had a customer service person sending me messages of this sort.

Pros: I love the software. I found it to be intuitive and easy to use.

Cons: My point of contact sent me threatening, rude and unnecessary emails while I was in the hospital. I voided my contract before it became effective. Had it not been for this representative I would still be a Sprout Social customer.

• Reviewed on 2020/03/01
Digital Communications Manager
Religious Institutions, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/22

"Love this product!"

Pros: Sprout Social offers social media scheduling functionality, including timing, drafts, responses, canned response, retweeting, etc., for multiple platforms and multiple accounts. It offers detailed analytics, demographics, and more, with fully customizable time frames. Sprout Social also offers easy, communicative, and helpful customer support, in the rare case of issues or concerns.

Cons: I don't always trust Sprout Social's analytics, which sometimes differ from Facebook's and Twitter's internal analytics reporting.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/22
Kristen C.
Kristen C.
Social Media Specialist
Facilities Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/28

"Best All Inclusive Social Media Tool"

Comments: I handle 35+ accounts for different industry segments that will often be running similar campaigns. Being able to put everything under one umbrella and see reporting that matches makes my job much easier so I can focus on strategy rather than busywork.

Pros: The reporting tools are unlike anything else on the market with the ability to set-up a report and have it run weekly, monthly, etc. Tagging so you can watch things campaign specifically while connecting to google analytics. Instagram scheduling is a godsend for when you are handling multiple accounts or at an event, or it's a weekend - all you have to do is copy/paste and send! Bulk uploading has saved me hours of time. The ability to stop duplicate posts.

Cons: No real cons. Just some wishes!
Wish 1. Allow tagging of individuals on Linkedin Company posts. We work with a few influencers and they all have to be set-up manually rather than scheduled.
Wish 2. Make Instagram scheduling as the other accounts - set it and forget it.
Wish 3. As I work with international accounts, I wish there was a language option to add translations for people viewing in other languages. I understand this would be a rather large undertaking.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/28
Sr. Specialist, Digital Marketing
Financial Services
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/24

"One of the best social media tools I have used."

Comments: So many! Efficiency, cost savings and better reporting! It saved me lots of time and was easy to train other associates.

Pros: Ease of use, great reporting and visually appealing. The tool is very user friendly and easy to learn. There are so many features that make Sprout Social stand out amongst the competition, like the search features for influence research/social listening, the reporting and easy scheduling.

Cons: I really didn't not like anything about the tool. Everything from set up to daily use was easy. My future recommendations would be adding tags to report by theme, implementing a customer care feature for agents and more social listening features.

• Reviewed on 2018/04/24
Content Marketing Program Manager
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/31

"Robust social media tool for teams of all sizes"

Pros: Sprout is one of the best social media tools I've used. I've taken it with me to every company I've worked at and the features just keep getting better. The reporting is exactly what I need, I love that it integrates with Feedly, the inbox is useful for daily management... I could go on and on. Plus, it's incredibly cost effective.

Cons: The only thing I wish it had was the ability to stock a library of social posts. But there are workarounds for that.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/31
Gaby B.
Social media coordinator
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/13

"Great value and everything I could need to run a social Media dept."

Pros: Sprout Social is constantly improving their functionality and really takes the time to listen to their consumer needs. Scheduling and reporting is made easy, and I love how easy it is to organize all my client files separately. Tagging on the reporting is also a nice feature.

Cons: Reporting can feel a little bit limited. I suspect that's got more to do with the social platform's API. Also, their social listening tool only works for Twitter.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/13
Esther F.
Marketing Assistant
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/03

"The system is great I love the functionality"

Pros: Being able to manage multiple accounts and profiles at once, not having to switch between platforms. It's always being updated to have the same functionality that the actual platform holds and the reporting functions

Cons: It is not possible to tag people in the picture or use emojis when tweeting.
I dislike the calendar style view and that their customer service team are in a different time zone!

• Reviewed on 2017/10/03
Digital Marketing Specialist
Information Technology & Services, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/02/14

"High level and getting better"

Pros: It makes scheduling social media a breeze. Now that they have been bought by Meltwater, their data is combined with theirs which makes for a powerful product. Social listening is also a great feature and makes keeping track of social media mentions a one stop shop!

Cons: This is not on them, but the API's between SS and all social media sites are being restricted, which means a degradation in service. For example, when posting on Facebook through Sprout Social, I cannot tag anyone. I have to manually go and do that after the fact.

• Reviewed on 2019/02/14
Jennifer S.
Vice President of Programs
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/16

"Great software for managing multiple social media platforms."

Comments: Very easy to manage social media platforms.

Pros: I really like the multiple options available on Sprout and the ease of use. We have tried other management tools for social media but they were not user-friendly or did not connect to all platforms. My favorite features are the publishing/scheduling tool and the reports. It is really easy to schedule a post on multiple platforms at the same time and advises you on the guidelines of each platform as you go so the post will not be rejected. It also gives you multiple reports for free to review your progress and set goals. I use the messaging feature as well.

Cons: It would be nice to be able to view all of the feeds on this software and post on Pinterest as well.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/16