• Overall
    4,6 /5
    4,4 /5
    4,6 /5

About Daylite for Mac

For Mac & iOS. Manage more clients, close more deals, and finish more projects with Daylite. Made for teams that love Macs.

Learn more about Daylite for Mac

Jeff J.
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/21

"Designed for Mac to really meet the contact needs of my small business."

Comments: Unified my goals and task management to move my business forward.

Pros: The integration to OS /iOS is nearly flawless and well maintained with virtually no downtime. Updates always stay ahead of the curve unlike other CRM solutions. Functionally you could not ask for more: Contact, Calendar, Task, Objectives along with contact history all in one place.

Cons: Index within contacts on iOS (IPhone especially) would be a big plus. Once you have a lot of contacts it's difficult to scroll.

by Marketcircle on 2017/06/21

Hi Jeff, thank you for your review. I have passed your "index within contacts in iOS" comment over to our Design and Development Team.

• Reviewed on 2017/06/21
Director of Project Management
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/01

"Awesome! Easy to use and very easy to stay on top of all aspects of our business."

Comments: The benefit of keeping my day to day organized, which allows me to stay on top of things.

Pros: I find Daylite very easy to use and customizable for how I like to sort and organize everything that the software provides.

Cons: There is nothing that I have found thus far that causes me to not like Daylite. A little annoyance may be changing the spacing of the calendar time scale so that I can see my entire day on one screen without having to scroll up or down.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/01
Matt M.
Client Planner
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/12

"A MAC CRM that meets all your needs, is intuitive and easy for every user, all with great support!"

Comments: A great CRM.

Pros: How easily I can create, link, & follow-up on tasks. There is no concern wondering what tasks I have, the priority, or where I left off, all because the CRM keeps me up to date on my tasks.

Cons: I liked least syncing multiple devices in multiple changing locations with self-serve, but Daylite Cloud solved that issue.

by Marketcircle on 2017/10/16

Thank you Matt for your review. We're happy that Daylite Cloud solved your syncing issue, and Daylite is helping you stay on top of your tasks.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/12
Kelvin M.
Finance and Mortgage Broker
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/17

"Love how simple the software is to use - and if Im not sure - support is excellent."

Comments: When your busy you need software (technology) to keep you on track and not do things twice. I allocate each new client to a project and use multiple tasks and activity sets to remind me whats next.

Pros: Free form or structured or both - a simple and elegant way to integrate emails and other communication.

Cons: Right now the iPhone app is not as fully functional - but I know there are changes coming. Looking forward to being able to tag emails to projects while on the road.

by Marketcircle on 2017/08/17

Thank you Kelvin for your review.

• Reviewed on 2017/08/17
Ceo
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/29

"Customer relations and follow up"

Comments: Daylite helps us have a repository that holds all the information we need in our day to day workload with regards to customers. We use it to follow up on todos and to delegate work, and keep track of information sent to customers.

Pros: Daylite is the perfect tool for us to view customer contacts, communications, promises made and tasks to do.

Cons: I would have preferred an iPad optimized version that had all the functionality that I have in the desktop version.

Edmond L.
Partner
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/27

"Great CRM for Mac"

Comments: I've been a DL customer for 7 years. It's a complete package with mobile apps and cloud based. Very expandable and customizable if necessary.

Pros: The cloud based with mobile apps work very smoothly

Cons: Does not have and integrated mass email component. I had to get an add on app.

by Marketcircle on 2018/11/30

Hi Edmond. Thanks for sharing a wonderful review of Daylite, and for being such a loyal customer!

We would be happy to review the possibilities of an integrated email component. You can also use our API to create a custom integration or use Zapier which has a lot of awesome capabilities.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/27
David M.
Ditector
Food Production, 2-10 Employees

"Mental Health :-)"

Comments: We are selling to over 200 stores so the ongoing interaction is huge. I just cannot imaging how we would track things otherwise. The linking principle provides the perfect holistic approach

Pros: It does almost everything for me allowing for a framework, boundary, clarity of process and ultimately closure to everything that I'm doing. I don't have the niggling doubts of 'what have I forgotten'. I am very creative and with it comes a misted cloud of thought which when undefined brings uncertainty, lack of process and ultimately stress and anxiety. If I have an idea out jogging I add it quickly to my inbox. That thought is not part of a process and I no longer need to ruminate. I stress far far less and genuinely it has been beneficial to my help resultantly.

Cons: There are some clunky issued navigating. Like being in contacts in the iphone and wanting add the person name that's just mailed me but I can't navigate to that mail. I just need to refine my process I think.

Frederick D.
Vicar
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/21

"I have been using Daylite for over 15 years and cannot imagine carrying out my duties without it."

Pros: Tremendous integration of contacts and activities, as well as an excellent mail merge function that I have not found elsewhere.

Cons: In the early stages, it took a while to master the software. However, the team has been steadily improving it to the point that it is now easy to reach cruising altitude quickly.

by Marketcircle on 2018/03/22

Thank you for your review Fred, and thank you for being a supporter of Daylite for the past 15 years!

We're happy to hear that Daylite helps you manage your business, and carry out your work.

May you continue to win more business, and get more done.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/21
Bill D.
CCO
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/31

"Wonderful program, works very well & has perhaps the best tech support I've ever experienced."

Comments: Works well, easy to network with peers, it's become a key part of how we manage our business.

Pros: Makes great use of the Apple OS & iOS systems. If you're on those platforms, why not use a program designed specifically to leverage them?!?

Cons: Only minor issues here; there are a few tweaks I'd like to make, but it's a solid system as it is. Would like an option for changes to some record fields to automatically feed into the history log (i.e. address changes, so you have a historical record of when you changed it etc).

by Marketcircle on 2017/07/31

Thank you Bill for your review. I have sent you feature request to our Design and Development Team.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/31
Kelci S.
Producer / Talent Manager
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/21

"Anytime I have a question/issue with daylite, their team is quick to respond & is very detailed!"

Comments: Making our business more organized and help grow the company with utilizing all of daylite's amazing skills!

Pros: How easy it makes it to keep calendars, schedules, contacts, task lists, etc all together and linked and organized! It has truly helped our business and saved a lot of trees!!! :)

Cons: Since it is a computer program, sometimes it doesn't do what I would like it to do and that can be frustrating. When I run into something like this, I reach out to the support and they usually find me a way around it or explain how I could do it better!

by Marketcircle on 2017/11/22

Thank you Kelci for your wonderful review. It's great to hear that Daylite helps Jim Jordan Photography win more business and get more done.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/21
Carmen M.
Owner/Operator
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/24

"Have loved using Daylite for at least 7 years!"

Comments: Having my personal and professional life organized in one place.

Pros: It is soooo helpful to be able to add, change, or delete appointments, contacts, etc. no matter where I am. Am semi-retired now, but Daylite is an essential tool of my daily life - professionally AND personally.

Cons: Don't quite understand some of the duplications between Mac Mail and Daylite, but haven't had enough free time to check it out with customer service. Obviously only a minor thing.

by Marketcircle on 2018/03/26

Thank you Carmen for using Daylite for 7 years, thank you for the support and love!

We're happy to hear that you use Daylite to manage your professional and personal life.

May you continue to keep your professional and personal life organized in one place.

• Reviewed on 2018/03/24
Robert G.
Computer & Network Security, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/30

"Could not run my company without Daylite"

Comments: • Exceptional experience....again, I could not run my business w/o Daylite
• My clients, partners & cohorts - and even my competition - marvel at the fact that I can literally pull any type of historical info. from Daylite that I want.

Pros: • Has a local client and local copy of the database...not requiring an internet connection to work
• Seamless integration with Apple Mail application
• Ability to very easily link pretty much any data type to any other data type

Cons: • Doesn't (yet) include some of the more modern features of some other CRM's (Ex: Suggesting or even auto-pulling Linkedin info. for contacts)
• (Understandably), the project management features are not "collaborative" with clients....as each Daylite user much have a full Daylite account.

Christopher G.
Assessor and Consultantm
Law Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/08/22

"When I want to forget about my work, Daylite doesn't."

Comments: I work using Daylite every day - a consummate business tool.

Pros: I've been using Daylite for around seven years and run a paperless business using it. I've developed my system to more and more closely reflect my workflows. Creating 'activity sets' and 'pipelines' and applying them to projects ensures consistency of approach. The ability to link records gives the ability to build up complex relationships - and unlink them as necessary.

Cons: I can't really think of anything I don't like about Daylite! In the early days, there were synchronisation issues, but the software has moved on considerably since then. I'm now using the 'cloud' version. Even if my Macbook broke or I lost it - all of my work is safely stored on the cloud server.

by Marketcircle on 2017/08/22

Thank you Christoper for your review!

• Reviewed on 2017/08/22
Darryl A.
Managing Director
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/09/11

"Daylight users since 2008 for shared calendar, CRM, tracking of sales opportunities & projects."

Pros: A very good set of sales and workflow management features and a solid build. We love how it integrates our calendars (for people and resources), sales funnel (including quoting), project communications, and CRM. Mail integration allows all emails to be linked to the relevant contact, company, project or opportunity in the main database, so that all team member can see project communications. we are starting to use Zaps to feed directly into the database from other applications.

Cons: Template engine is not intuitive.
Could do with greater automation in contact information capture, and the ability to link multiple email messages in Mail to the same person/project/company by selecting multiple messages in Mail (currently only possible to do this one message at a time).

by Marketcircle on 2017/09/13

Thank you Darryl for your review!

• Reviewed on 2017/09/11
Alan D.
VP, Client Services & Regulatory Affairs
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/12

"BEST CRM SOFTWARE (oh, and also the BEST VALUE SOFTWARE for Money!)"

Pros: It does all Salesforce done 'and more' for less than 1/2 cost. Daylite is a best CRM product for less cost! The product is continuing to evolve and soon will release an integrated iOS feature that moves yet another element of a GREAT product to be SUPER FANTASTIC! Daylite's osX is unparalleled and it is integrated well with iOS. An upcoming enhancement to iOS will position Daylite to 'disrupt the CRM market'

Cons: I can not think of a single flaw. The product is feature rich and Daylite has countless Video tutorials on how to be leverage their product providing ideas that can support your unique needs.

by Marketcircle on 2018/04/13

Thank you Alan for your support of Daylite!

We are honoured that you love Daylite as much as we do at Marketcircle!

We're super happy to hear that Daylite is your number CRM choice.

May you continue to win more business and get more done! :)

• Reviewed on 2018/04/12
Sara S.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/21

"My workflow nirvana"

Comments: I've used Daylite for many years (long enough to remember how excited I was when Daylite Touch came out) and although the set-up took some brainstorming/planning because there is a myriad of possibilities for workflow management, it was well worth the investment. This product is versatile, robust and accommodating. I use it primarily for GTD and project planning for my accounting practice. It is my one-stop shop for organizing my time, tasks and deliverables. The customer service over the years has been improving with its response-times and helpfulness. It was great when I first started using Daylite and has exponentially improved since then. I cannot imagine my practice without Daylite.

Pros: Flexibility, endless set-up possibilities, offline access, task management abilities (keywording is awesome)

Cons: not being able to have activity tasks auto-start at a certain date without setting up a task as a reminder

• Reviewed on 2016/12/21
Sara D.
Broker Associate
Real Estate, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/03

"All the Features I want and More"

Comments: Maintaining focus on every relationship and opportunity will take my business to a higher level.

Pros: The deeper I get into the Daylite app, the greater is my appreciation for the thought behind the functionality. I can easily filter my contacts in a way that allows me greater efficiency in my work. Details of contacts are displayed prominently for quick reference, without having to leave the list view. Integration with Apple Mail is absolutely brilliant. Apple Mail was not my primary mail app, but it is now. Creating a task, appointment or new contact from the Mail app saves time, but most importantly, the actual contacts don't slip through the cracks. I know with certainty I will make more money by using Daylite because I will build my relationships more thoroughly.

Cons: The interface isn't the most modern looking. I wish the font were larger, but I'm getting used to it. After finding out what Daylite does for me, it's worth it.

by Marketcircle on 2019/04/22

Hi Sara,

Thank you so much for this fantastic feedback! We know the value of having everything in one place and easily being able to find information so we're glad you are getting so much out of this! Emails are so important and helping our customers manage them is something we're really proud of.

We are definitely looking to update Daylite with improvements often so you are always welcome to let us know any feature requests you have for our developers to review. We love hearing feedback and ideas from our customers!

• Reviewed on 2019/04/03
Lori S.
Director of Marketing and Business Development
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/06/08

"Great all-in-one CRM, Lead Management and Workflow tool for our business!"

Comments: Our company has been using Daylite for 5+ years. MarketCircle is great at listening to customers and making updates and changes that are helpful to us. We are an executive recruiting firm and use this software to track clients, candidates, and each position we are asked to fill.

Pros: Daylite helps us to keep all information about a contact in one place. We can have contact information, notes from every conversation, every email communication, every document we have sent, and every opportunity, project or task associated with the client. Daylite has a great deal of flexibility in the ways you can remind yourself about upcoming activities. It helps us keep commitments to prospects and clients.

Cons: We cannot find a way to scan and load contacts into Daylite. We also wish it interacted with Evernote. We also wish that we could create custom reports more easily. Right now, Daylite recommends that we use a partner to create reports.

by Marketcircle on 2017/06/08

Thank you Lori for your review!

• Reviewed on 2017/06/08
Michael W.
President / CEO
Packaging & Containers, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/16

"Daylite For Mac"

Pros: Daylite is a robust contact management program. It is great for a single user or larger organization with multiple users tracking multiple projects. Any questions or issues are addressed quickly by their customer support team. Not only do they follow up quickly, they follow up days later to insure the problem has been resolved.

Cons: Finding a criticism is tough. I would think one would be that uncompleted tasks do not roll over to the next day automatically. Moving them is easy enough. As a single user I am sure I am not using the full functionality of the program so I would not be able to highlight any underlying annoyances.

by Marketcircle on 2018/11/23

Hi Michael,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your feedback.

Since you feel you might not be getting the full value from Daylite we would love to learn more about how we can help integrate Daylite in your business. Are you interested in setting up a call to discuss your workflow?

You can book a time here:

• Reviewed on 2018/11/16
Attorney
Law Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/28

"Addictive.... and hard to stop"

Pros: I am the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of a small law firm. I started using Daylite, and its accompanying program, Billings, when I was the only person tracking and billing time. Then, when I had my first associate, Billings had a way to have second users enter time without complete access to the entire system. Unfortunately, Marketcircle has done away with the tiered access for Billings, and there are very few other programs that easily integrate with Daylite to bill time. I LOVE Daylite for CRM; with a few hours consulting with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Blue Rock, it has made my practice very efficient.

Cons: Unfortunately because of the lack of accounting integrations (the iOsExpert team is surly and difficult to connect with, as they are in Germany), I will probably transition to another program within the next 1-2 years that is more customized for law practices specifically.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2021/02/28
Christian S.
AppleCare Support Advisor
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/16

"I use Daylite for privat use and it helps me a lot to handle my privat office stuff"

Comments: Self organisation

Pros: Best fetaures: - Apple Mail Integration
- Cloud Service / App syncing
- The possibility to link everything with everything
Daylite is a great program to collect documents, correspondence and all information about daily office stuff. The timeline helps me a lot to organice my self and supports me a lot to find old documents and correspondence.
The biggest benefit is the App to access the informations from everywhere.
The worklist is a big feature for my daily task management and helps me to not forget important stuff.

Cons: The update mentality is a shame. No worries, but in my feeling Marketcirle is very slow in development. The calendar is a mess. Without the integration in Apple calendar the Daylite calendar would not usable for me. The task and project management is okay but had lots off oppertunitys to become better. Tools like Thinks or Omnifocus are much better than Daylite. The document management could be either more functional and should more functions provide to organice. The iPhone / iPad app stands still in development. You should integrate more functions from the desktop version for example like Groups. The design from all Applications are very old school and need a refresh.

by Marketcircle on 2018/06/22

Thanks for the review! We're happy to hear that Daylite helps keep you organized, manage the day to day and helps you not forget what is important for your business. We are working to speed up the development process and seeing real results!

• Reviewed on 2018/06/16
Alan M.
  • Reviewed on 2018/03/16

"Fabulous CRM for B2B B2C & Recurring"

Comments: Already described

Pros: Daylite doesn't seem to differentiate between B2B or B2C. You can add appointments, tasks, notes, email, pipelines, etc to people, or businesses. You can add single tasks, activity sets (groups of tasks, appointments etc) or pipelines (stages with groups of tasks, appointments etc. within each stage). Whether you are managing a sales cycle or a project, data entry is minimal. I love that with one click, all our carefully considered steps can be applied to any situation, whether it's a sales cycle or the projects that result from a sale. Combinations are possible and I'm confident that no step is overlooked or omitted and they pop up at exactly the right time. Customization of the task list or pipeline task set is also possible "on the fly". Their service is unbelievable. I haven't had a lot of interaction with Daylite support over the 12 years I've been using Daylite, but the followup I recently received for questions I had offered service at a level to which I would like to become accustomed! I had support sending me emails some days later asking if everything was okay - not an automated survey question, but someone in support that actually cares! When do you ever get that level of service? A big thank you!

Cons: I don't use Opportunities for prospects since it's not possible to convert an Opportunity (and everything recorded & saved) to a Contact. I set up any prospect as a full contact then tag them with a category of Prospect. I then set up a smart list that displays all contacts that have a category of Prospects. Also, it would be great if PC users could access Daylite too. Not everyone on the team uses a Mac.

by Marketcircle on 2018/03/19

Thank you Alan for your wonderful review of Daylite.

We are excited to hear how you use Daylite so extensively to manage your business. It's great to hear how our customers use Daylite. May you continue to win more business and get more done!

• Reviewed on 2018/03/16
Jeremy R.
Portrait Artist
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/24

"My staff loves it. Business intelligence is severely lacking."

Comments: I want to love Daylite. If the reporting were more robust, I would be THRILLED to stick with it. But without reporting and analysis, it is more like a glorified Contact Manager, Appointment Calendar and Task List--which is why my staff loves it. Unfortunately, I need business intelligence, and Daylite doesn't provide that.

Pros: It lives on the Mac desktop, like a "real" business application; not on a browser where it is too easy to get distracted. Awesome. It works on Mac. Excellent. It takes some forethought to get it set up, but once set up it is flexible enough to handle unique needs. I initially loved that. Activity Sets automatically create Meetings and Tasks based on date (but there are huge problems, noted below). Daylite does an excellent job of tracking individual events for each Person.

Cons: While Activity Sets do a good job of creating a series of upcoming Meetings and Tasks, Daylite has no idea that these "events" must exist in series. A meeting is a meeting is a meeting and a Task is a Task is a Task. This makes reporting next to impossible... Daylite cannot generate a report of how many People made it to one Meeting, but not to the next Meeting. It cannot tell me how many Phone Calls (each entered as a separate Task), for example, were made to a Lead before they came in for that first meeting. Daylite uses Categories to keep track of People. A Person might begin with a category of 'Lead', then change to a category of 'Client', then have category 'Completed'. (We actually had 5 primary categories, each with subcategories to help us understand each client) The problem is that there is no history. Reporting, again, is nearly impossible: Daylite can give raw counts: How many People were added in the last 7 days? How many Leads do we now have? Etc. But these reports are a snapshot of current data. Once a Person moves to the next Category, I can no longer get an accurate report of: How many new leads were added last week? What is our conversion ratio? How long did they exist as Leads? The Report Module is very limited. Custom Reporting is available but requires a 3rd party programmer. Piplelines proved too clunky.

by Marketcircle on 2018/11/20

Thanks for the review! We appreciate you being a long time Daylite customer and your detailed review. We have discussed your feedback and using it to consider how to improve Daylite.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/24
Beth C.
Admin/Associate Advisor

"Daylite"

Pros: Daylite is user friendly with many customizable functions which suit our business well.
The task system keeps us on track and nothing gets lost in the shuffle. We also are utilizing the activity sets to create systems and projects for workflow.
Daylite will enable a new untrained employee to enter into our business and take care of our clients easily Some much information is captured and stored in a sensible manner, it creates a continuum of customer service.

Cons: At times, there are too many reminder boxes popping up on screen. It would be beneficial if we could like directly to the companies with who we do business, rather than logging on another screen.

Michael N.
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/14

"Best CRM for Mac Users"

Comments: I run everything on Daylite. I couldn’t imagine life without it

Pros: Love the clean look of Daylite, and I love how it connects things together. All the info I need is right there.

Cons: I haven’t found it brilliant for Sales Analysis, such as things like conversion ratios, value of projects / customers etc. But maybe I’m just not good enough with the software. Also not great for tracking time management.
The software is designed for Macs - great. But some of my colleagues need to run financial software and so have to use Windows machines. It would be great if they could use Daylite too - but they can’t. So we have to run multiple systems.

by Marketcircle on 2020/06/11

Hi Michael,

It's fantastic to hear you can't imagine life without Daylite, what a compliment!

We're passing along your feedback about Windows and more sales and time tracking functionality for our team to review as well! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/14