• Overall
    4,3 /5
    4,1 /5
    3,8 /5

About Dayforce

A global HCM platform that transforms the employee experience.

Learn more about Dayforce

Showing 25 reviews of 641

Chiquitta H.
Benefits Analyst
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1 000 Employees

"Dayforce User"

Comments: Dayforce allows our organization to house all of our employee records and performance reviews. Previously we had ADP and we had issues with retaining employee records with accurate information.

Pros: Very easy to maneuver through screens once you get the hang of what you want to see.

Cons: Terminated employees were not included in the search feature but this has recently changed and a box has been added to show those employees.

Kelli M.
Payroll Manager
Hospitality, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/11/16

"Managing your own settings means lots of potential for success and mess"

Comments: Honestly, I am pretty neutral at this point. For each thing that has changed for the positive, there is something else that has changed for the negative. I am still optimistic this will work out for the better in the long run but as in my previous comment, implementation has been extremely difficult and we are in a severe situation with our clients and investors on the 401K funding situation.

Pros: -Ability to control the majority of your settings
-Real time gross to net calculations
-Great payroll auditing tools
-Many standard reports and ability to tweak them to your needs
-Auto setup of a lot of policy assignments based on data management criteria - eliminates human error

Cons: THE IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS - We went through at least 3 weeks worth of work to gather all our settings, decide on how we would like it built, did research on the best way to put our data in the system, even received guidance from one of their recommended consultant groups, THEN went through 16 hours of Discovery calls to talk through how we wanted the system setup. In the end though, all the job codes and mapping we requested at implementation went out the window and they setup the system based on the data from our old provider, which was a mess and part of the reason we moved in the first place. We are now a year into this project and 6 months post-live and are STILL trying to cleanup the mess caused during implementation. My time and my team's time is dominated by this cleanup process. Lastly - we are currently have a major struggle with funding our 401K. Apparently, 401K funding is currently only done via check and NOT ACH. We have 3000+ team members and 90+ locations - we cannot have that many 401K checks being cut bi-weekly. In order to setup as an automatic feed, there would have to be a separate file feed for each location, based on software limitations - which means 90+ file feeds - all associated with a cost to build and to maintain should there be a change required. I truly believe (and hope) that once it's all cleaned up and all settings are the way we need them to be - we will be in a much better place but this process has been extremely difficult.

• Reviewed on 2020/11/16
Maryam G.
Medical Devices, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/11

"Poor Customer Service Experience"

Comments: Not a very pleasant experience when you ask for an additional customized report for eight months and it is not done yet.

Pros: It is user friendly at some points and it is very popular.

Cons: The Customer Service is really poor. I have been asking for this report that I used with the system that I used with the system I had used prior to Ceridian Dayforce. It has been eight months and it is not done yet. It is impacting our HR and accounting system big time. The team that they outsource their job to, is not very competent even though I love to work with main Ceridian team.
It is really difficult to make any changes. I have to call customer support for almost everything as I dont have access to so many things to do.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/11
Director of Human Resources
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/10/19

"Dayforce has completely changed how we do life at Kern Health Systems HR."

Comments: HR efficiencies, ROI by 60% over our other provider in the first month and a support team that truly supports their clients efforts. I feel like we have gained a partner not a vendor.

Pros: We love that we have been able to go paperless in all of our HR processes from application to termination. We no longer use paper apps, compensation change forms, benefits apps, or onboarding documents. Everything is paperless. We can look in the system and see where approvals are sitting. This has made our HR flows and processes so much easier and efficient. We also love the one employee record. From application to hire we only have to enter their information once. We have significantly cut down on our errors and the spreadsheets we used to keep to follow all of our processes. Our Onboarding is streamlined and professional. New hires can fill out all of their documents prior to the first day of work, so that we can maximize our first day with them. And finally Support. The Support Team is world class. I can't speak highly enough about the responsiveness, expertise and efficient way the support team works with their clients! Ceridian gets an A+ for their support.

Cons: Prior to the newest upgrade to 53, Reporting was a bit clunky and difficult to understand. As a busy HR Leader, I don't have extensive time to take a bunch of classes to learn how to run reports. They need to be easy, user friendly and intuitive. Prior to the upgrade they were not. The new Reports module has come a LONG way in improving this. The reporting module is now in HTML and much easier to understand and use. Other than that, I cannot think of one other Con to the Dayforce system. I came from a very different provider that I was extremely displeased with, so it makes it a little more challenging to find Cons. I am very happy with the decision to move to Ceridian.

• Reviewed on 2017/10/19
Jo F.
Sr. Dir Corp ERP Applications
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5 001-10 000 Employees

"Dayforce Review"

Comments: We use this for payroll currently and are in the process of implementing HR.

Pros: The system is easy for us to use. We have not had any issues with our processes.

Cons: Report Building is not as robust as we would like.

Tanisha W.
Payroll Manager
Entertainment, 501-1 000 Employees

"Software is great"

Comments: AWESOME

Pros: Get one report across countries. Single platform us, and was able to help keep us in compliance

Cons: There is no roll total feature for multiple checks

Trish C.
Talent Acquisition Manager
Hospitality, 501-1 000 Employees

"Dayforce Rocks!!"

Comments: I love it. It is user friendly and real time tracking which is awesome!!! Super easy to learn and teach!

Pros: I use the recruiting module a lot and I really like it. I love the talent management pool and how easy it is to use and send resumes. The talent pool keeps me organized as well,

Cons: Nothing really. Sometimes it lags in the recruiting module but otherwise I love it,

Frances C.
FVP, Payroll Manager
Banking, 1 001-5 000 Employees

"Payroll requires accuracy"

Comments: So far so good but willing to submit idea to support portal for improvement.

Pros: Accurate in reporting, easy to run simple reports, automatically to do retro pay, can automatically calculate pay checks without manually changing any. Fields

Cons: WFM reporting not that accurate if there is no pay in timesheet, no show in employee attendance, no records can be found in report with WFM

Jeremy C.
IT Business Systems Project Manager
Retail, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/23

"Retailers View of Dayforce"

Comments: The overall experience that I have had has been positive. Working with our Customer Success Manager we have been able to get a solution for any obstacle that we have come up.

Pros: The application is configurable but not customizable. This allows for the system to be configured how you need it to work. The new features that are continually being introduced are very interesting and are innovative in that the core focus is on improving the user experience in order to improve the bottom line of your organization.

Cons: The most frustrating part of working with the application is the new features that introduced do not always come with instructions which means there is a lot of trial and error on the configuration team's part in order to get the system to work. In general the support personal are constantly turning over which impacts our ability to consistent customer service.

Monica C.
Corporate HR Manager
Textiles, 201-500 Employees

"It’s been a ride....."

Comments: Started our journey in June 2018. Thought it would be a smooth 12 weeks. Was supposed to go LIVE on October 1, pushed to January 1, pushed to April 1.
“Fired” the first Implementation team because they were not expert ICs and somewhat unfamiliar with US payroll law. Was transferred to a new PM who is great, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and higher level IC [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to bale out the previous team.
Much of what was built in HPW could not just be imported and had to be re-built.

Pros: Ease of processing payroll. Report writer.
More automation available compared to HPW platform.
Dayforce talks to WFM!
Earnings statements real time.

Cons: Cannot have Job Title and job code (attached to EEO code) on EE profile.
Has been very challenging building the system with complex pay policies.
New Hire form data entry does not trickle into all of the necessary fields that we use, so we have to touch about 10 screens to put all of New Hire data in.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/23
Human Resources Specialist (Lead Role)
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/05

"Used Ceridian Dayforce while processing Multi-State Payroll for luxury retailors"

Pros: I liked the ability automate many of the different pay rules depicted by state laws such as CA's sick time and overtime within the time and attendance. It is easy to navigate and touches on all functions of HR and payroll. We used the HR piece to do our new hires, benefits, time and attendance, along with payroll was pretty decent. The import process within Dayforce was pretty smooth to work with, considering all the types of pay data that needed to go in. Overall I would recommend for anyone who wants to go automated and cut out the manual work. I was impressed even with the retro calculation feature we used to do retros.

Cons: I don't think their was anything I disliked, other than having to upgrade every few months to the next release to ensure functionality and maintain success. Otherwise no cons, but cost maybe.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/05
Bethann D.
Packaging & Containers, 201-500 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/13

"Dayforce helped us ditch the spreadsheets!"

Pros: Dayforce is highly configurable. We are a mid-size manufacturer with plant's in 3 states, 2 different pay frequencies, and 4 different bargaining agreements. Needless to say, we have a complex payroll. Dayforce easily handles our complex pay and benefits structures, and it is easy to make changes each time there is a new bargaining agreement.
Customer support has gotten much better since they changed to a the 'pod' model - now when we call or open an online ticket, I get someone that is already familiar with our company and our Dayforce configuration.

Cons: I would like to see them offer more in-depth training for those of us that are HRIS administrators, so that we could do more of our own configuration and have less billable projects. The platform runs slow at times. Only really a problem on payroll processing days.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 2018/04/13
Jennifer P.
Payroll/HR Admin
Hospitality, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/15

"Dayforce makes my life easier!!"

Comments: Previously I was processing payroll and onboarding employees using 2 different systems. A time and attendance and a payroll/HR system. Switching to Dayforce has streamlined the way we handle HR incidents, new hires, payroll, time and attendance all in one easy to use the system. My employees appreciate the fact they can now take ownership and enjoy the fact that they have access to see their time, paystubs, able to change addresses, or personal info has needed. As a payroll/HR administrator, time is of the essence when processing accurate payroll. Dayforce streamlined our payroll process and what used to take 3 days, now only takes 1!!!

Pros: Payroll/HR System is easy to use and the icons they have created helps when issues need to be addressed for my managers.

Cons: Silverlight crashes a lot but Dayforce and Ceridian are moving away from Silverlight so it should not be a problem in upcoming future.

• Reviewed on 2017/03/15
Doug S.
CFO
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1 000 Employees

"Best Bang for Buck"

Pros: Dayforce offers a lot of flexibility as a true single platform for HCM professionals. The system is extremely easy to use and has a robust training platform. I would recommend this product to anyone.

Cons: The API integration to other applications does need a bit of fine tuning but it works well for Passport Health.

Cindy B.
Aviation & Aerospace, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/23

"Flexible Software for Evolving Needs"

Pros: The system is relatively easy for users to navigate. Dayforce is consistently adding new features/options that are relevant and help HR professionals support the organization. With customizable options, organizations can build solutions specific to their unique needs.

Cons: When software is updated, some fixes create other issues (e.g., recently our ability to see applicant questionnaires ‘disappeared’ after a fix was implemented to avoid duplicate questionnaires).

Willis J.
HRIS Business Partner
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 5 001-10 000 Employees

"Compliance is key!"

Comments: Dayforce helps us pay our employees and manage the employee existence. It is the #1 software for compliance.

Pros: Dayforce is very large on compliance! It is designed to complete complex payroll processes which helps us as we grow.

Cons: The recruiting module. It seems to have been unrolled quickly and without much testing and thought.

Danielle A.
HRIS Director
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/01

"Dayforce HCM is a great product!"

Comments: We have been using Dayforce HCM since January 2015. It has increased our reporting capabilities, offered employee and managers greater ease of use, payroll processing is more accurate with less potential for errors than ever before. Overall we are happy to be using this product.

Pros: Ease of use, accuracy, it's configurable. I also appreciate working with my Customer Success Manager from Ceridian. She is very helpful and is a part of the reason we are successful using this product. I also enjoy their customer success program.

Cons: There are some work-arounds we've had to create to get the product to work for our organization. As a non-profit we'd like to make some changes in our overall set up, but the cost of making changes after implementation is typically not something we have in our budget.

• Reviewed on 2017/02/01
Mary B.
PAYROLL MANAGER
Automotive, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/23

"Dayforce = best experience in HCM"

Comments: Love, Love, Love! This system has improved my daily tasked. It has also helped my work life balance. Because it is so easy to use, I am able to have be at home more with my family.

Pros: I am a big fan of the payroll features. I have been in the payroll field for 27 years and no other system compares to the Dayforce experience.

Cons: Customer support. We know more about the product then support

Michael J.
Manager, E-Services
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/22

"All in one for human resources!"

Pros: Dayforce is a great platform for many HR related purposes. You can track/assign employee hours and shifts, monitor and approve time off requests, and calculate payroll. In addition, it allows employees to monitor/track their benefits, retrieve pay sheets, change direct deposit information and more.

Cons: Compared to other software that is payroll only, Dayforce is a little clunky. It takes too many clicks to do simple things like adjusting time clocks, approving payroll, and using it as both a team manager AND an employee. Certain features, such as a manager adding a time off request for an employee, requires Silverlight, so we can only do that with Internet Explorer and no other browser.

by Ceridian on 2019/08/26

Hi Michael,

Thank you for sharing your Dayforce experience. This is incredibly valuable feedback and we appreciate you taking the time to give us your thoughts.

Wishing you continued success!

Thanks again,

• Reviewed on 2019/08/22
HR/Payroll & Benefits Coordinator
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

"Very Helpful!"

Comments: Recruting was are biggest problems, with Dayfore it's much easier to reach a larger group of individuals. And much easier for applicants record keeping.

Pros: Easy to navigate, you have everything you need from start to finish when hiring and recruiting and Payroll is not as complicated as with other systems. You also have all of the employees information in one place. Making life much easier.

Cons: Some reports are not as easy to find. But customer service are very knoledgable and helpful.

Monica A.
HR Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/23

"I like the product but I wish I had more capability to do things on the app like approve time & reqs"

Pros: Some capabilities via mobile, Cerdian has a full platform. I do not have to add other products to it, the analytics and reporting capabilities once I learn how to use them

Cons: The message center. Because I am an administrator I get all messages. Therefore, I cannot see when I have things that I need to do directly for my team. Someone has to call me to remind me to approve things for my team. I wish I could get a special notification when I need to approve something for my team, like a buzzer or something. Since notifications are in Dayforce and no email notification comes thru to tell me to approve something for my team, it makes things challenging.

Mary O.
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/31

"Great functionality & configurability, with effective service & support"

Pros: The functionality! We have some complex policies / procedures that other vendors simply told us could not be automated. However, we have been able to automate not just successfully but accurately these complex policies to improve our internal customer satisfaction and remove a lot of the administrative burden. Ceridian is also clearly dedicated to excelling and staying ahead of the industry's needs, as clearly reflected in their willingness and execution to implement clients' ideas based on their individual needs.

Cons: Silverlight plug-in is a problem especially for my Mac users; however, they are working on getting rid of this, thankfully. In addition, they had to address some implementation inefficiencies.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/31
Craig B.
Manager, Admin Services
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/02

"Dayforce a Big Hit!"

Comments: Since our inception into Ceridian products in 2015 - we have had such great services and products to help our business in maintaining our payroll program. In many ways, it is helping and yet we know we have seen ways that Ceridian is not helping because we are a smaller company. But as we grow, we will want Ceridian to be part of the growing. Dayforce has lots of interesting tools and ways to help any company. With Ceridian's team to help customize it to our actual needs, Dayforce has been helpful, intuitive and easy to use by everyone.

Pros: Appearance, easy to use, lots of tools, staff have yet to say it is not a good program..this is big.

Cons: Really nothing to say in the negative.

• Reviewed on 2016/12/02
Del J.
Director, HRIS

"DayForce"

Pros: user friendly, all in one platform, system admin

Cons: support takes long to resolve a problem sometimes.

Lynne B.
Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/20

"We went live with Dayforce Payroll January 1st 2017"

Comments: Our vacation and sick time and are recorded and approuved online.
Being able to calculate payroll in the present and in the futur.
Managers are able to view their employees hours and track sick and vacation time.
Timesheets are done online, no need for paper timesheets.

Pros: I work in the payroll department and I am very satisfied with the Payroll and benefits modules. I am pleased to see all of my payrolls for the whole year, to be able to calculate and make changes for the whole year. The benefits module is very helpful for employees to see the amount of their life insurance, health and dental benefits. The vacation and sick days are also online, employees can see their balances as of today and also in the futur. After some training, I am much more comfortable using the Reporting module, I can build reports to our needs.

• Reviewed on 2017/11/20