• Overall

About Kashoo

Small business accounting made easy. Send invoices, collect payments, track expenses, create reports & make better financial decisions.

Learn more about Kashoo

Ken I.
SEO + Web + Reputation Marketing ★★★★★
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/07

"Easiest Accounting/Bookkeeping software by far!"

Comments: The company is very responsive and the software / apps have been solid. Kashoo is my third (and final) accounting software service purchase.

Pros: Here's the thing - I HATE accounting & bookkeeping. So I want to spend the least amount of time doing it. And, I want to spend even less time doing taxes. Several years ago, I researched all of the solutions out there, yeah QB too... but I dreaded a steep learning curve and wanted something accurate - and portable. Kashoo has the app for my phone & tablet so I can whip out an invoice real quick while visiting clients. It downloads from my bank just like the other big names, and even has an option to accept credit cards from my clients. It's really powerful, and if you're a numbers geek you'll have fun with all of the options. But for me - it just works. Online or app - I don't wonder about my numbers anymore, nor do I waste a bunch of time. And they do regular webinars which are actually quite interesting. Almost makes me want to do my bookkeeping. Almost. lol.

Cons: There's really not a lot to dislike about the software, and the support staff is great. If I could change anything, I'd have them move their headquarters from Canada to the U.S. ;)

• Reviewed on 2019/05/07
Video Producer/Editor/Digital Media Engineer
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/04

"Amazing alternative to Wave & a better value than Quickbooks for freelancers & small businesses."

Comments: I love using it for most of my freelance needs: Accounting, Expenses, Project budgeting, credit card payments, and tax management.

Pros: Tax Management, Real-Time Bank Feed, Bank reconciliation, and Project Budgeting are just some of my favorite features, web and mobile apps are a bonus but the cherry on top for me is that they support the Spanish language as well. Not to mention the super fast support.

Cons: Not many cons but I am just hoping for more integrations. Specifically invoicing software like Fiskl!

• Reviewed on 2019/12/04
Carma S.
Entrepreneur
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/26

"Good Value for the SoloEntrepreneur"

Comments: I've been doing my books in Excel for years, but have gotten to a point where that just isn't working for me anymore. I needed an accounting software solution and didn't want to go with the one I've been using for personal expenses due to personal beliefs. Then I heard about Kashoo. It was affordable. It looked fairly easy to learn and robust enough to grow with me. I haven't used it much yet, but I really like what I've seen so far.

Pros: The software is relatively easy to use for a beginner. It also looks like something I can grow with and even pass on to an accountant once my business has grown large enough.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve and I'm not able to import information the way I was hoping to.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/26
John M.
Sr. Manager
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/03

"Great software for people building their business"

Comments: For 90% of small business of 10 emplohees or less, Kashoo is the way to go. It feels light, utilizes the Cloud for storage, has terrific support, and is easy to learn and utilize. Im comfortable in growing my business, and letting Kashoo grow with me.

Pros: The key in selecting accounting software is not how much it can do for you, but how much support you can get after you take the plunge.
With Kashoo, the support is unbelievable. Utilizing their Chat feature will get you a satifactory answer in a matter of an hour or so. I've never felt like I got a less than complete reply. Why? Because they know their product, and are not paid to sit and answer questions all day long about something they don't use. I cant say that for the other software systems I've tried. I'm now running 3 businesses off of Kashoo.

Cons: The bank feed somehow gets hung up each month...not sure why. Wish there were more check templates that utilize a common standard (QuickBooks, MS Money)
Wish the Client fields were more customizable, so reporting could be more robust.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/03
Carrie K.
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/13

"My Kashoo Experience"

Comments: I Love Kashoo but I wish there was more help online, I'm trying to figure out how to deduct money from an employee for a garnish of wages and I thought I did it correctly but it was wrong, because I'm a really small business and have less than 5 employees I can not get any help. I also wish that the invoice section of Kashoo was easier to use. But It's way more user-friendly than other programs! So yes I like it !!

Pros: Easy to use, easy to keep track of things, like the reminders it gives in the side column

Cons: Invoicing is not that great, or it could be that I'm not knowledgeable in creating invoices in Kashoo. Wish there was more help for the free accounts, but hey can't get much for free these days.

by Kashoo on 2016/12/14

Hi Carrie, thanks for the review! Kashoo offers many support options and our team is ready to help you any time you need it - by phone 1-888-520-5274, by live chat that's available from within the app, by email at [email protected], and through our self-serve support site at support.kashoo.com. We also regularly host live webinars. You can visit kashoo.com/webinars to see what's coming up. I hope that helps!

• Reviewed on 2016/12/13
Mike L.
Events Services, 2-10 Employees

"Great support"

Comments: overall very good

Pros: Customer support has been excellent. easy to use

Cons: invoices are the most important thing. They are how we present the Kashoo product to our customer. The invoicing needs more functionality. i.e.: I need to be able to delete a line or line items and I can not. Not being able to do this can make an invoice look sloppy.
if a client is tax exempt I have to make every line item a non tax item - better would be one bulk action, one button that says customer is tax exempt.
I would also like to see a quote or estimate option. If a client wants pricing, I need to send them an invoice. if the client decides not to go with us, that invoice is counted as income.

Ken O.
CFO
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/27

"Basic Software at Economical Price"

Comments: We are running a seasonal fast service restaurant with 20 employees with a pretty simple chart of accounts. I use QuickBooks Online for other businesses but I was looking for something less costly which integrates well with our Square POS terminal. Kashoo does a great job with Square and it is less than half the price of QBO, but with commensurately less functionality.

Pros: 1) Automatically lists the latest entries in income or expenses or other accounts if you select them.
2) Easy to learn and to get going
3) Excellent integration with Square allowing you to run detailed excel reports to slice and dice your Square transactions to your heart's content.

Cons: 1) Bank account transaction matching is cumbersome and a bit clunky. The top half of the page is what you've matched, and the bottom half are all the entries in Kashoo INCLUDING matched ones. The bottom half should really be just the unmatched entries.
1a) You can't run a report on matched or unmatched entries and if you select or download the bank account account it does not tell you which entries are matched.
2) It won't add up sub accounts on an income statement
3) In general, if you want to run reports the answer is excel, but excel isn't that bad: it's just a pain to dump it, format it, sort it , etc.

Jc B.
Partner
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/03

"Kashoo Online Accounting Review"

Comments: Again, for the money it is suitable for small companies.

Pros: We started using this product because the first year was free through Liberty Tax Service. Additional account costs are attractive. So cost is what I like most about the product. I do like the layout/appearance of the P&L and Balance Sheet. Also like the Bank Connect feature.

Cons: Inability to get totals within the apps modules, limited reporting capabilities, unable to filter by date, name, detail, etc. Wish this product was a bit more robust, so that exporting to Excel wouldn't be necessary.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/03
George D.
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/18

"Software which solved all operational tasks"

Comments: Was using Kashoo every day and thanks to it I knew every cent is counted and on its place!
Another thing I liked very much - nice reports!

Pros: Have been using this software for 2 years. In an environment of limited staff this software really helped to control cash flow, expenses, invoices, salaries etc, by only one employee (not dedicated).

Cons: From the very beginning it was very easy and logical to deploy. Learning took no efforts. It was smooth and very flexible.

• Reviewed on 2020/09/18
Liliana R.
Bookkeeper
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/27

"Easy and faster accounting program"

Comments: Online assitence is great , Kashoo team have the knowlede and quicky answers when I have quesions or need solved problems

Pros: The online program doesn't need to update and lost the information.
I can attach imporant document in the entry and keep there.

Cons: -Report where shows a detail of accounts payables and accounts receivable.

Robert F.
Consumer Goods, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/18

"Easy and beautiful!"

Comments: I really like being able to do everything on my iPad. I also love the customer service by phone is key and email is great to. Finally I love giving password to my accountant and I'm done!

Pros: iPad app

Cons: invoicing is a little fussy and the graphics are a little complicated.
Need to make it easier to identify and manage unpaid and past due invoices

• Reviewed on 2016/11/18
Andy P.
Sporting Goods, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/02/15

"Great Accounting Software and App. Especially for a regular Joe like me."

Comments: I like the way the Mobile app works seamlessly with the desktop version. I'm on the go a lot, it's nice to use an accounting software that keeps up with me.
Its easy to use. When I do have questions the Customer Service is top notch. They also have timely emails and webinars to help you prepare to tax season and the like.

Pros: Easy to use both online and on mobile devices

Cons: None that I have found yet.

• Reviewed on 2017/02/15
Roongnapha S.
  • Reviewed on 2015/10/25

"Very good app with affordable price"

Comments: I do appreciate your application, it's easy to use and track.
anyhow, there are more functionalities that I really need.
- need to have a weekly income vs plan graph feature , we can put our monthly plan or yearly plan of income then app can breakdown into weekly target. then graph help compare the income and the trend of the plan in each week. So, people don't need other financial app to fill their target vs actual just to see the trend of their planning.
- need the mass update on the payment status. i have a problem when i have to change status from 'due on receipts' to "paid" , this is when i need to update 10-30 transactions at one go.Or you may have solution already only that i didn't know. So, you can suggest if you have solution in place.
- for the export file to Excel, anyhow the database does not filled in every cells, since you will keep some cells blank if they are the same category e.g. terms of payment account. i have to use excel function to fill all cells before i can do a pivot table to analyse my data.This pre work with filling all cells really waste my time. i need a complete database exported. So, that i can filter or pivot right away after exported.

• Reviewed on 2015/10/25
John H.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/02

"Kashoo for a small company"

Comments: Top draw other than above.

Pros: It’s very user friendly, fairly priced and always available

Cons: Email function needs fixing (can’t send email invoice without getting rid of > this at the end of address ) in field. Reporter problem to no avail
Also, it would be nice it store scans or have a folder on customers. Otherwise, very good.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/02
Charmaine B.
Co-Owner
Farming, 2-10 Employees

"Co-Owner"

Comments: I love the reports.

Pros: If I would be a good bookkeeper, and do it monthly it would be a snap. It is well organized. Some things I do find difficult, and find that the support can be a rather long wait to receive. Example. Have been doing GST return quarterly manually, and can't figure out how to input it. Have had no resolution from helpdesk yet. But will work on it when I return from World Championships end of the month

Cons: The support online is good, but the hours of service not great. Would prefer noon till 9 weekdays and hours on Saturday/Sunday as well. Which is when I often work on books.

David P.
Treasurer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/25

"Making it Happen with Kashoo"

Comments: The cloud based operational system enables access by key partners as well as the ability to enter current information, regardless of time or place. Under Kashoo Features the "Create and track project costs" has allowed us to monitor multiple discrete activities in a singular fashion.

Pros: Kashoo's user friendly, intuitive layout and extensive support base enables a novice to get up and functioning in a relatively short time frame.

Cons: The addition of a budget segment would enable a nice comparative feature. Currently I am unaware of such an feature in Kashoo.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/25
Erin W.
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/06

"Good online accounting software with excellent customer service team."

Pros: I used this software for a year for my small business. It's a simple form field way to do your accounting as opposed to using spreadsheets. It also has a nice mobile application to accompany the desktop application so you can easily upload photos.
I like being able to attach digital photos of receipts to entries the most.

Cons: In the end, I felt like I could save the money and just use spreadsheets again to do my accounting. Because filling in the form fields was basically the same as filling in cells of a spreadsheet I didn't feel like it was worth it just for the photo upload functionality. I'm sure it has other features that I just never looked into using but my small business is so basic I never got around to seeing the other offerings.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/06
Phillip C.
Marketing
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/14

"Keep Track Of Your Business"

Comments: Does what it advertise.

Pros: Very user-friendly and apt for small business use. We use it for one of our new online business. Sync with our local bank and we love the users invite feature where shareholders and our accountant can 'collaborate' easily, even when using ios app.

Cons: If only Kashoo has the tracked invoicing and reminders feature, that will be great.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/14
Hans N.
Owner/Manager
Hospitality
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/10

"Probably the best Cloud Accounting software there is"

Pros: Super intuitive to use. Everything is laid out efficiently. Everything also works as expected. Mistakes are easy to spot and correct.

Cons: Lack of support with accountants who actually use them. They need to get accountants to use them somehow, and create a network like Xero did, as I found that a super effective way to convince users to adopt it.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/10
Nadia A.
VP
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/24

"Very Easy to use, easy to keep track all charges"

Comments: the easiest I've ever used

Pros: Easy to reconcile and it connects to the bank and downloads it, not much to do.

Cons: I like everything maybe a copy of the deposits should me included this way i don't have to go back and forth to find out where did the deposit came from .

• Reviewed on 2019/06/24
David B.
PRESIDENT
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/16

"KASHOO FAST EASY"

Comments: EASY TO USE. FAST CHAT RESPONSE. NOT AN ACCOUNT PERSON AND IM ABLE TO DO IT ALL THE WAY EASILY AND NICE HELPING VIDEO EASY TO UNDERSTAND

• Reviewed on 2016/08/16
Sally R.
  • Reviewed on 2015/07/29

"User-friendly interface perfect for one-person business"

Comments: I came across Kashoo about a year ago and am delighted with it. After years of experimenting with low-brow solutions (shoe boxes, Excel spreadsheets) and software that was far more complicated than what I need (Quicken), I've finally found something in the middle suitably easy to use, yet powerful enough to do everything that I need it to do. I love the user interface and the simplicity of Kashoo's design. It takes the drudgery out of accounting.

• Reviewed on 2015/07/29
Yvonne N.
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/29

"A Great System for anyone that likes things simple and easy"

Comments: I love Kashoo and have been with them since 2011. The system follows basic accounting principles. The charm of this web app is that it is simple, easy and yet versatile enough that you can make complex transactions clean while still keeping people accountable. The newest feature of attaching any file format to specific transactions is a winner and has helped reduce my workload for researching. Keep up the great job Kashoo!

• Reviewed on 2016/11/29
Akbar R.
Owner / Instructor
  • Reviewed on 2015/08/02

"Accounting Made Easy"

Comments: I have a small English conversation school in Japan and for my needs this is a very easy to use accounting service. Everything is laid out clearly. Since I work in Japan, the fact that I can work in yen was also a big selling point for me. Being able to see the month to month charts on my phone or ipad at anytime is a big help when you just want to get a quick picture of what's happening. I would definitely recommend Kashoo.

• Reviewed on 2015/08/02
Terry M.
  • Reviewed on 2015/09/08

"Easy to use and provides everything you need in an accounting program."

Comments: The program just works for me, i'am not an accountant or bookkeeper but needed a program that was user friendly, time sensitive, multiple platforms and produced the results required to manage my business in a professional manner.

• Reviewed on 2015/09/08