• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,6 /5

About Kashoo

Small business accounting made easy. Send invoices, collect payments, track expenses, create reports & make better financial decisions.

Learn more about Kashoo

Ken I.
SEO + Web + Reputation Marketing ★★★★★
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/07

"Easiest Accounting/Bookkeeping software by far!"

Comments: The company is very responsive and the software / apps have been solid. Kashoo is my third (and final) accounting software service purchase.

Pros: Here's the thing - I HATE accounting & bookkeeping. So I want to spend the least amount of time doing it. And, I want to spend even less time doing taxes. Several years ago, I researched all of the solutions out there, yeah QB too... but I dreaded a steep learning curve and wanted something accurate - and portable. Kashoo has the app for my phone & tablet so I can whip out an invoice real quick while visiting clients. It downloads from my bank just like the other big names, and even has an option to accept credit cards from my clients. It's really powerful, and if you're a numbers geek you'll have fun with all of the options. But for me - it just works. Online or app - I don't wonder about my numbers anymore, nor do I waste a bunch of time. And they do regular webinars which are actually quite interesting. Almost makes me want to do my bookkeeping. Almost. lol.

Cons: There's really not a lot to dislike about the software, and the support staff is great. If I could change anything, I'd have them move their headquarters from Canada to the U.S. ;)

• Reviewed on 2019/05/07
Video Producer/Editor/Digital Media Engineer
Entertainment, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/04

"Amazing alternative to Wave & a better value than Quickbooks for freelancers & small businesses."

Comments: I love using it for most of my freelance needs: Accounting, Expenses, Project budgeting, credit card payments, and tax management.

Pros: Tax Management, Real-Time Bank Feed, Bank reconciliation, and Project Budgeting are just some of my favorite features, web and mobile apps are a bonus but the cherry on top for me is that they support the Spanish language as well. Not to mention the super fast support.

Cons: Not many cons but I am just hoping for more integrations. Specifically invoicing software like Fiskl!

• Reviewed on 2019/12/04
Michael L.
Oil & Energy, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/01

"Very good for what it does, and customer support is fantastic"

Comments: Good, but needs additional functionality to be super!

Pros: It is simple and straightforward, and gives me generally what I need.

Cons: I really, really need the ability to do more than just 'Projects'. I really need to be able to nest 'Projects' or use categories and classes like Quickbooks. Plus, I need to get my data into a spreadsheet much more easily.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/01
Carma S.
Entrepreneur
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/26

"Good Value for the SoloEntrepreneur"

Comments: I've been doing my books in Excel for years, but have gotten to a point where that just isn't working for me anymore. I needed an accounting software solution and didn't want to go with the one I've been using for personal expenses due to personal beliefs. Then I heard about Kashoo. It was affordable. It looked fairly easy to learn and robust enough to grow with me. I haven't used it much yet, but I really like what I've seen so far.

Pros: The software is relatively easy to use for a beginner. It also looks like something I can grow with and even pass on to an accountant once my business has grown large enough.

Cons: There is a bit of a learning curve and I'm not able to import information the way I was hoping to.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/26
Kimberly C.
Writer/Editor
Management Consulting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/09/27

"Kashoo makes my CPA happy"

Comments: I use Kashoo daily to keep track of my business income, expenses, and invoicing.

Pros: Kashoo is easy to use. It's easy to invoice my clients by sending them invoices directly via Kashoo. It's recommended by my CPA and the reports make him happy.

Cons: I would love to be able to set up recurring invoices but Kashoo doesn't offer recurring invoices. Maybe in future?

• Reviewed on 2020/09/27
Jeff K.
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/11

"I consider Kashoo to be a trusted partner in my business"

Comments: Overall Kashoo is a 5 star business. I only gave them 4 stars for features and functionality because no software is ever complete. For example, the mobile receipt capture software doesn't read my receipt and fill in the data entry for me. (Hint Hint kashoo - feature request) The apps for mobile and iPad are great. I'm able to get everything done and stay up to date easily. The mobile capture works great and means no more piles or receipts lying around. The Web UI was recently updated to add the feature to import scanned and digital receipts too - a specific feature request of mine. Kashoo is always investing in the development of the tool and the education of their customers. The addition of Kashoo U was great for education. I also take advantage of live chat and the always on knowledge base. My accountant even became a Kashoo MVP which I was thrilled about. I like that I can give my accountant permission based access to the data to adjust and file.

Pros: Ease of setup, ease on use. Archiving and security of data.

Cons: I like everything about it, but encourage further development of the mobile capture services. There's still room to improved workflow and save customers time and money.

• Reviewed on 2016/10/11
Mike L.
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/07/08

"Great support"

Comments: overall very good

Pros: Customer support has been excellent. easy to use

Cons: invoices are the most important thing. They are how we present the Kashoo product to our customer. The invoicing needs more functionality. i.e.: I need to be able to delete a line or line items and I can not. Not being able to do this can make an invoice look sloppy.
if a client is tax exempt I have to make every line item a non tax item - better would be one bulk action, one button that says customer is tax exempt.
I would also like to see a quote or estimate option. If a client wants pricing, I need to send them an invoice. if the client decides not to go with us, that invoice is counted as income.

• Reviewed on 2019/07/08
Leslie R.
Farming, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/02

"love the user interface and chat feature!"

Comments: When I first started my horticulture business (capterra- why is horticulture or even landscaping, not an industry option?!?) I kept books on paper and had to learn book keeping from the IRS website and other online (free) resources. When I decided that I really wanted to go digital, I tried multiple online book keeping softwares before finally settling on Kashoo. My experience has been really great! Every time I have a question it has been either easily answered through the online tutorials or by using the Kashoo chat feature. Even when I make a stupid mistake, customer service always seems happy to help me unravel and correct it. For comparison, another organization that I was on the board of uses quick books and every time I had to use it I was more greatful for Kashoo! For someone who didn’t learn book keeping on quick books- looking through the accounts to find the information I need on Kashoo is so much more intuitive.

Pros: Ability to view accounts, excellent customer service, helpful tutorials

Cons: for me there really haven’t been any cons. That said, my accountant had never heard of it- not really a problem, just disappointing to me, and of course I would love to pay nothing for bookkeeping 😉

Zev S.
Program Development, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/12

"Great accounting software that does everything I need"

Comments: I use it to run several businesses. It is easy enough that I can use it myself while running my business. I can send invoices and take payments. Whenever I have a question, I can chat with customer service.

Pros: Intuitive design. Clean and uncluttered layout. Everything just makes sense. Customer service is fantastic!

Cons: I would like to see updates more frequently.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/12
Dan N.
Law Practice, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/11

"If you don't want to pay for Quickbooks, look at Kashoo"

Comments: I needed to run financial statements and reports my previous software could not generate. I am happy with Kashoo and would recommend it to anyone that is looking for an alternative to QB.

Pros: I was able to score a deal on this software, but I had been looking for a new accounting software for sometimes. I just happened to be at the right place at the right time. I really like the bank syncing (which nearly all software provides) and the ability to add users (add your bookkeeping, accountant, etc) and limit their privileges.

Cons: Not really their fault, but the big player in this game is Quickbooks, and nearly all professionals know how to use QBs. It was a bit harder to find someone familiar with Kashoo, but after that hurdle was over, the software works pretty well.

• Reviewed on 2019/09/11
Keisha T.
Owner & Yoga Coach
  • Reviewed on 2015/08/27

"Young, Fresh & AWESOME to use!"

Comments: My experience with Kashoo has been amazing - I took my time looking for counting software for my new small business. Being a bit shy around numbers Kashoo has made my experience with money, transactions and invoicing very smooth and extremely professional. Before I had Kashoo I was creating my own invoices, based on very little knowledge - doing a tonne of work saving it all on my iPad and it was so unorganized. When I discovered Kashoo, I literally was on it for a few hours and re-did all my invoices for the year so that they were organized and presentable. I am extremely particular about organizing and Kashoo makes my life very simple when it comes to accounting! Everything you need Kashoo has - not to mention the webinars and the direct contact you get from their customer service. The young, up to date feel; relevant, fresh knowledge behind Kashoo makes it fun to do your accounting - clean, crisp, consise invoicing makes me feel comfortable, confident and a true small-business owner. The best thing about using Kashoo is that you can create an invoice in less than 30 seconds. A lot of the work I do can be last minute with clients calling in for a session in the morning - with a few finger taps I've got the invoice ready to be emailed by the end of the session - getting paid faster and making things easy for the client.
I would actually like to thank Kashoo for helping me get where I am today and be able to track my financials through their easy to use software. As a young small business owner Kashoo helped make organizing my finances a priority! Love it!!

• Reviewed on 2015/08/27
Children's Book Writer
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/03

"Making Finances Easier for a Solo Business"

Comments: I got the program at a discount with lifetime access, so it's definitely worthwhile for that price. I can't say how much it would be worth for a monthly or annual fee. That's the only reason I don't rank it higher on the "would I recommend it" scale.

Pros: I've enjoyed having an easy online place to enter my income and expenses for my small business. The dashboard is pretty straightforward. I believe there are additional options I haven't explored, and they are constantly making improvements. I'm looking forward to seeing what it can do at tax time, and I fully expect it to make things easier.

Cons: When I have a one-time client or expense, I have to take an extra step to add them as a client before putting in the transaction info. It would be nice to have a shortcut for that, and only add them to the client/expense list if it will be a repeat. But perhaps it's hard to know for certain when that will be the case.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/03
Randy Z.
Tax Service Technician
Accounting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/05

"Good software and very easy to use"

Comments: We have used Kashoo to help our small business owner to get their own books. By doing this way we made less mistake on bookkeeping and saved our clients lots of money.

Pros: 1. Very clear interface, when I show this software to our client they could easily understand.
2. Very functional, I can enter all the data efficiently, this software also remember entries.
3. Support is always there, every time I have question I can just live chat with the support and get my answer within few minutes.

Cons: 1.for our client from china we may need different languages to help those who does not understand English able to make their own books.
2. A comprehensive training would be best for users.
3. More features helping client like scan in or suggestion entries for better client experience whenever they need support.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/05
Ran M.
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/02

"The only real alternative to Xero"

Comments: I have been using Kashoo for a few weeks now.
The product itself works great and is easy to use, though some features could be more intuitive (double taxes for e.g.)
Support is awesome - and the solution is highly configurable.
I have tried Wave and Quickbooks before - If you are in Canada - this is certainly the way to go, as this has Canadian payroll integrations built in (hint: there is more than payroll provider you can use !)

This is the only real competitor to Xero (which I haven't tried).
Amazing!

Pros: - So far - everything is configurable
- Great online documentation
- Integration with payroll
- The service is amazing

Cons: - Some features are not out of the box or not intuitive enough, so you have to ping-pong support even after browsing through documentation.
Luckily, support is amazing and answers politely, accurately and within a few hours.
e.g.:
- Double taxes which apply in some provinces - was able to figure it out with support
- French Invoices (hey, we're in Canada and Kashoo is Canadian!) - was able to figure it out with support (had to do the HTML myself, but the tool permits that which is better than Quickbooks and Wave I have tried before)

John H.
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/02

"Kashoo for a small company"

Comments: Top draw other than above.

Pros: It’s very user friendly, fairly priced and always available

Cons: Email function needs fixing (can’t send email invoice without getting rid of > this at the end of address ) in field. Reporter problem to no avail
Also, it would be nice it store scans or have a folder on customers. Otherwise, very good.

Amy P.
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/02

"SO FAR SO GOOD WITH KASHOO !"

Comments: I am hoping we will have an easier time keeping all my accounts in order with Kashoo. Having the ability to keep separate companies on one platform that is affordable makes me much happier.

Pros: I think it is a fairly straight forward program. Simple to use once you get the trial balance into the program. We like the auto download function for the bank statements and credit card. Because the cost of the program is so affordable I am able to use Kashoo for both my real estate businesse and my property management company. I wasn't able to afford it with Quickbooks! My accountant and bookkeeper are much happier with Kashoo than with Quickbooks.

Cons: My bookkeeper has commented that Kashoo will allow a reconcilation even though the numbers do not balance with the statement. The reconcilation needs to match the final statement. So far she and customer service have not been able to resolve this issue.

David P.
Treasurer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/25

"Making it Happen with Kashoo"

Comments: The cloud based operational system enables access by key partners as well as the ability to enter current information, regardless of time or place. Under Kashoo Features the "Create and track project costs" has allowed us to monitor multiple discrete activities in a singular fashion.

Pros: Kashoo's user friendly, intuitive layout and extensive support base enables a novice to get up and functioning in a relatively short time frame.

Cons: The addition of a budget segment would enable a nice comparative feature. Currently I am unaware of such an feature in Kashoo.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/25
Erin W.
  • Reviewed on 2018/02/06

"Good online accounting software with excellent customer service team."

Pros: I used this software for a year for my small business. It's a simple form field way to do your accounting as opposed to using spreadsheets. It also has a nice mobile application to accompany the desktop application so you can easily upload photos.
I like being able to attach digital photos of receipts to entries the most.

Cons: In the end, I felt like I could save the money and just use spreadsheets again to do my accounting. Because filling in the form fields was basically the same as filling in cells of a spreadsheet I didn't feel like it was worth it just for the photo upload functionality. I'm sure it has other features that I just never looked into using but my small business is so basic I never got around to seeing the other offerings.

• Reviewed on 2018/02/06
Serena L.
Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/03

"Solves My Accounting Problems"

Pros: Tracked expenses and accounting related issues are a hassle and we used Kashoo iOS app, to efficiently upload our expenses/ receipts. This account is shared with our accountant, who will then file and manage accordingly. Syncing with our local bank also works well.

Cons: If only Kashoo will support read receipts for opened invoices, that will be great

• Reviewed on 2019/04/03
John C.
OWNER - RETIRED
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/10

"KASHOO HAS TOUGH COMPETITION IN QUICKBOOKS ONLINE"

Comments: It is an excellent accounting system, but could use many of the attributes of QBO, like being able to attach documents to transactions.

Pros: It was designed by accountants for accountants.

Cons: There are many workarounds to learn. For example when you are doing multiple month bank reconciliations you must get out of reconciliation and back in to have all factors correct. Also, the system could have a more modern look and feel.

• Reviewed on 2019/04/10
Alexandre L.
Bookkeeping team coordinator
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/05

"Great cloud accounting software"

Comments: Great cloud accounting software. Easy to use, nice, simple, clean interface. Connects well with payroll software.

• Reviewed on 2016/12/05
Hans N.
Owner/Manager
Hospitality
  • Reviewed on 2018/07/10

"Probably the best Cloud Accounting software there is"

Pros: Super intuitive to use. Everything is laid out efficiently. Everything also works as expected. Mistakes are easy to spot and correct.

Cons: Lack of support with accountants who actually use them. They need to get accountants to use them somehow, and create a network like Xero did, as I found that a super effective way to convince users to adopt it.

• Reviewed on 2018/07/10
David and kylie K.
Illusionist
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/02

"A great alternative to Quickbooks!"

Pros: Kashoo is great because it is a lot more "friendly" than Quickbooks. The colors and layout just feel more approachable.

Cons: There are some elements that aren't perfect. I do wish that the program were a little more adaptable to my needs. I also wish that there were more options available in the iPad​ version.

Linda M.
Counsellor/Psychotherapist
Hospital & Health Care, Self Employed

"Limitations"

Pros: Printed invoices are clear, but do not show payments made from different sources, therefore, of limited usefulness for clients wishing to access funding through two different EAP/benefit plans.

Cons: Printed invoices do not show payments made from different sources, therefore, of limited usefulness for clients wishing to access funding through two different EAP/benefit plans.

Nadia A.
VP
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/24

"Very Easy to use, easy to keep track all charges"

Comments: the easiest I've ever used

Pros: Easy to reconcile and it connects to the bank and downloads it, not much to do.

Cons: I like everything maybe a copy of the deposits should me included this way i don't have to go back and forth to find out where did the deposit came from .

• Reviewed on 2019/06/24