• Overall
    4,2 /5
    4,1 /5
    4,6 /5

About GiftLogic

GiftLogic is a non-cloud point-of-sale and retail management platform for brick and mortar retailers. Starting at just $1295.

Learn more about GiftLogic

Julia D.
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/02

"More positive than negative."

Comments: Overall, I think the product could be fantastic. What keeps it from that is the amount of time trying to get answers to what should and could be simple steps by providing a training guide or manual with the product. In order to train 58 gift shop volunteers in using the software I am now going to need to create training material and reference sheets for them to use in the store.

Pros: The product is generally easy to use. The sales staff was professional. The ability to track inventory was a priority for us and it does a very nice job of tracking inventory. As I try different reports I am finding many of the reports are very good and usable. With practice and hands on use data entry has become very easy. This product has many features that assist the store clerk (quick keys). After establishing a regular connection with one of the tech people he has been patient, kind and VERY helpful in navigating the program.

Cons: Some of the Tech support are very knowledgeable, some are not quite as good at helping via phone. All of our tech support is via phone as on site help is not available. The largest problem is that is no written manual or reference guide of any kind is available. There are some videos on line that are supposed to be available but I have not found any that work. This causes the user to call and try to work out any problems with whatever tech they are able to get ahold of (which is not always easy). With 58 volunteers using the register this is not a viable option. A reference manual or "cheat sheets" with common situations would make all the difference in the world. Sadly, if you want them you have to write them yourself. We have now learned that to continue to have the ability to call for support we will have to pay a high dollar annual fee. Because of this we may abandon the program and go with another that will offer more training material and no annual fees for support.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/02
Rosie C.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/06/21

"Average POS software"

Pros: Simple and easy to use. I like that you can integrate client information like birthdays and anniversaries, helps us customize and segment our client database and communications.

Cons: They pride themselves on simplicity being the key to their software but I still find it very hard to use. Once you feel comfortable with it after a big learning curve, I find myself wishing it had more built-in features. Their simplicity model is lacking.

• Reviewed on 2018/06/21
Deborah C.
Bookstore Manager (volunteer)
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/10

"GiftLogic for a Church Bookstore"

Comments: This was not a perfect match - but the price was right and the customer support is fantastic. I was able to implement it in less than two months from transporting date, through cleanup of data, learning to going live; and the volunteer cashiers are thrilled with it. I continue to learn more and more about it. There are some things I cannot do that I could with my other system, but there are many thing that are easier.

Pros: Much easier for cashiers to use - easier to train new cashiers and hold on to cashier volunteers. MANY fewer mistakes with our cashiers. Very easy to do sales and make them easy for cashiers. This is the best part of the program. Getting the monthly sales tax report and some other reports is greatly simplified from what we were doing.

Cons: It is not set up for a bookstore. We want to do a lot of things by "author". It is not configured to do that. We have used a field called "Attribute" to hold the author, but it is problematic for doing some things like getting an inventory checklist list by Department ordered by Author. I wish it had customizable reports. You can export data to excel and create your own report, but to have to do that every time you need the same report over and over again is tedious. If you could just customize the report, the way you can customize the inventory spreadsheet view would be helpful. (Writing that - gives me an idea to try...hmmm)

• Reviewed on 2016/11/10
Anita P.
Museums & Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/02

"Program installation and setup was a breeze!"

Pros: We installed the program, imported data from our previous program & created labels & added photo images of merchandise. The program is user friendly and meets all of our needs.

Cons: We purchased the computer hardware separately and did not know that we should have had the Office Suite installed so that we could export data to excel in order to generate certain reports.

• Reviewed on 2017/05/02
Angela V.
  • Reviewed on 2015/01/09

"Excellent customer service and tech support"

Pros: The system has a user-friendly interface that I love, and the classes GiftLogic offer are even better. I used the training mode a lot while I was between classes to play and learn without making any changes to my inventory, and I am using it with all my employees as well.

Cons: I can honestly say there is only one thing I wish I could change about the program. I wish the inventory sub sections were more customizable instead of the set size, color, etc. For a bookstore, size and color really mean nothing, but Author and Publisher do.

• Reviewed on 2015/01/09
Rebecca S.
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/11

"Love this software!"

Comments: Gift Logic is great. I love the ease of the program. My favorite part is the ability to add picture to the product! See what is being rung up- assuring the purchase is correct. (In the past we have had some customers switch tags to a less expensive item for ring out)
The customer service is fantastic! They have helped me every step of the way. Tony, "BTE" (Best Tony Ever" is great. Along with Jeff and Justin- these guys are so quick and helpful and are there when I call!!!

Pros: Pictures!
PO system
Reports
The QB integration
Inexpensive
Credit card integration.
Speed

Cons: Wish it would take inventory to a negative number.
Find customers regardless of capitalization.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/11
Cindy H.
Owner/Manager
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/08

"GiftLogic"

Comments: From the first phone call regarding the product to the last call we had with GiftLogic support, they have been a great company to deal with. The software was to replace a previous POS software that wasn't doing what we needed. GiftLogic has the inventory control, customer contact & rewards info & accounting reports that we need as a young, small business without having the huge cash outlay. They are quick to respond to any inquiry or support question. Their support people are easy to talk to & very helpful & don't talk 'tech talk' when helping.

Pros: Most of the sales calls & support calls have been with the same 3 or 4 people so they are aware of our previous calls. It is very nice to talk to the same people & every one of them has been great!

• Reviewed on 2016/12/08
Theodore R.
Accountant
Museums & Institutions
  • Reviewed on 2016/05/05

"So far it has met expectations."

Pros: I like the ease of use of the product and the way it links to the on-line store software.

Cons: There is so much in the product that we do not use, it is hard to find and remember things we do need.

• Reviewed on 2016/05/05
Jessica Z.
office manager
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/12/05

"Fast and Easy"

Comments: Easy to use all the functions you need , as well as a monthly report!

• Reviewed on 2016/12/05
Deborah C.
  • Reviewed on 2017/03/13

"A very satisfied customer since July 2016"

Comments: I highly recommend GiftLogic to anyone; I love their versatile POS/Inventory control system. It is easy to learn, easy to use and very reliable. Their product is most adaptable, no need to buy what you don't need, and one can add features- if needed at a fair cost. I like that it's software and not cloud-based. The in house support is excellent and has your back, very willing to assist -just call. I appreciate the honest and professional manner in which they run their solid company. When beginning to search for a POS program, one thing I didn't need or have time for were problems I needed solutions and that's exactly what I ended up with-solutions. I looked at 6 systems before buying and looking back I'm so glad I chose GiftLogic for our store!

Pros: That the software is user friendly, and very reliable. Company & Support responds quickly when something is needed. Reports quite detailed and one step download to excel and PDF.

Cons: I really don't have any cons to offer.

• Reviewed on 2017/03/13
Tony D.
    3,5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2016/09/13

"Gift Logic fits the bill!"

Pros: Compared to our former POS system, Gift Logic is quite simple to teach and learn. The phone support that comes with the system is great. Any questions you might have is answered in a polite way without making you feel "computer dumb". If an issue cannot be resolved with a tech explaining to you, they will access your computer (via Team Viewer) and help you through it.

Cons: I own a shoe store and have a lot of items. So when using a manufacture's UPC number there is not as easy to locate product in the stockroom. Our old system generated it's own SKUs so product would be put on the stockroom shelves by vendor and by numerical order. The only problem so far with the vendor is that they are on the east coast and I am on the west coast, so if I am having an issue past 2 pm PST, I have to wait until the next morning to get it resolved.

• Reviewed on 2016/09/13
Jon L.
    3,5 /5
  • Reviewed on 2016/02/26

"Toy Town GiftLogic"

Pros: I think we thought the ability to mass upload our current inventory was great. The customer service is amazing. Anytime we have the any issue they are quick to help.

Cons: I think with the price paid for the product the company should ship out the single and software overnight or 2 day. We waited over a week for our product and it just seemed unnecessary. Customer service could be open later to service the other time zones.

• Reviewed on 2016/02/26
Lisa B.
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/05

"Barchester Bookshelf LOVES GiftLogic!"

Comments: I started a part-time used book business in January 2016, and I chose GiftLogic to keep everything organized. This full-service software excels at inventory, reports, customer service, even eCommerce. And the staff at GiftLogic is remarkable! They are located in the U.S. (!!!), they are cheerful, they are knowledgeable, and they are wonderfully helpful. When a software update created a mini-panic-attack while I was at a book convention in May, I simply called GiftLogic, and they walked me through the simple steps to get this newbie up and running again. I highly recommend GiftLogic for all your point of sale needs!

Pros: As a used book seller, I especially love the ability to create my own barcodes! It's fast, easy, and fun. The inventory reports are also very helpful to me.

Cons: I truly cannot think of any. I have been working with GiftLogic for the better part of the year, and I have never been sorry that I chose them.

• Reviewed on 2016/11/05
Debbie H.
  • Reviewed on 2015/10/07

"It has made my job so much easier."

Pros: It enables me to easily see what has sold and what I need to reorder.

Cons: The "Help" screen pops up when I scan an item that has a double barcode.

• Reviewed on 2015/10/07
Charlene H.
Building Materials
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/16

"GiftLogic for hardware store"

Pros: Software is easy to use. Great Technical support team. Price is just right.

Cons: so far I haven't found anything that I don't like about the product or vendor.

• Reviewed on 2016/08/16
Andre L.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/05/24

"Strong learning curve"

Comments: Could be one of the best POS out there if they be willing to fix a good 10-20% of there things.
1st would be the purchase order
2nd the speed of how to do things.

Pros: The inventory system by excel format is great. (exporting feature is great)
Making new items is well done.
Sales are mostly easy to do.(Once you have its set up the right way)
Their search is pretty good (You can search for a specific word but you always have to add *before, this should be automatic if searching for specific word)
I must say the reports are great. (my last one stink, so this is much better) Can see sales per hour days etc.
Customer support is A1.

Cons: Ordering from the purchase order is terrible. They really need to work on this. One thing you can't add a product when doing a purchase order. So you need to make sure every item is made before hand. The suggesting amounts get put in the order automatic you should add them yourself.
You can have different things open at the same time, if I'm doing a purchase order I should be able to add a product or print a tag without having to leave that section. (Windows is about multitasking)
Things are too long to do with many steps for no good reason.
The worst thing right now is I still can't link my inventory with website. (There always problems with their software or bigcommerce)

• Reviewed on 2017/05/24
Penny B.
Office help
Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/08

"Does more then I will ever need"

Pros: This system is extremely versatile. Runs many different reports. They have a lot of features many of which I have never used.

Cons: Their integration options are very expensive. Yes they go on sale sometimes but still pricey depending on how many you would need.

• Reviewed on 2018/11/08
Jenica B.
Esthetician
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/10

"GiftLogic"

Comments: The Sales team was fantastic to deal with. After purchasing the software I have received the best of help from their support team. The only issue I have is the fact that the company does not have a line for Canadians. Living in Canada it can get expensive to call them, however I can also interact with their team through email and if the issues continue they will call me. All in all it is great software and I have much more to learn but that will all come with time.

• Reviewed on 2016/10/10
Alexis D.
Marketing Director
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/07

"Fantastic Impression"

Comments: We recommend retailers to GiftLogic and we want to thank Brian for being such a fantastic help.
Aside from our need for something larger, the software seemed to have everything we wanted other than some more in depth features when it came to inventory control and reports.

Pros: Everything about this software was appealing from the customer service to the functionality. We only gave it 4 stars because we did not end up purchasing it due to the need for something larger, but we were very pleased with everything we saw.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/07
Maghan S.
Furniture
  • Reviewed on 2016/09/08

"Gift Logic Review"

Pros: Easy to use and company is easy to get a hold of. I haven't used it long enough but from the training videos I really like all of the functions and how it seems to be easy to navigate. I got the computer and software really quick and it was missing a cord and I got it the next business day and set it all up. I like the customization and tool bars too.

Cons: I haven't use it long enough to say anything bad. I do wish that it worked with a company that could text promotions in addition to email.

• Reviewed on 2016/09/08
Dan F.
Industrial Automation, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/07/12

"The price is right"

Comments: I have not been able to use it because I've had to purchase another pc, because the first one I bought was not compatible. .

Pros: It seems like it should be fairly user friendly, however i can't tell for sure. We will see after my new pc shows up.

Cons: You have to buy the hardware to match up exactly as required. I have an i5 processor that runs very fast with my pc. However it will not run this software. You have to buy the hardware exactly as required.

• Reviewed on 2017/07/12
Jennie G.
Retail, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2017/01/10

"Great company"

Comments: The only problem with this product is it's set up for a food or clothing store. So I have to list the genres of books under flavor.

• Reviewed on 2017/01/10