• Overall
    4,5 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,6 /5

About PurelyHR

Say goodbye to tedious approval processes with Time-Off, an industry-leading solution for tracking PTO and other leave types.

Learn more about PurelyHR

Executive Director
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/03

"Purely makes HR work easier"

Comments: It has made our time tracking process a breeze. Employees can now log in and see how much time off they have available and request time off easily. And that fact that it allows us to easily track our banked time is great.

Pros: I like that it is easy to use and all of the employees can access it easily, it came with great instructions so everyone is able to do what they need to do. It is easy to make changes to time once it has been entered and it allows a multiple level approval process for granting time off.

Cons: Sometimes it is difficult to remember where to go to get information about time that has been used. A new report that would just show how one employees time has been used would be helpful.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/03
Manager, Human Resources
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/01

"Customer Service doesn't exist here!"

Pros: Product is simple to use and a decent value for what you get.

Cons: When there are issues with the system, you will find no support. They don't pick up the phone, which results in having to use email to contact them. Most recently, the system wouldn't send the welcome emails to users, so I reached out to them about this. Instead of asking for any specifics or additional info (I was still working with my test group) they sent the Welcome emails to everyone in the company, essentially rolling out the product to my organization early. And they sent the emails - not once, not twice, but SIX times - just in case anyone might have missed it. Then they stopped responding to emails too. This may seem like a small thing to them, but to any HR Professional that's ever had to clean up after a vendor, they'll understand.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017/12/08

We’re so sorry that you had a negative experience! We want to start off by sincerely apologizing for that. I very well remember this issue, we did recently switch servers and as a result had a glitch with our email system that effected a number of our customers. Our phones and emails were quite backed up that day so I assure you on any other day our Customer Success team is at the phones and ready to answer emails immediately. We’re truly sorry for the inconvenience we know this issue has caused you and I hope we were able to rectify it for you! Please feel free to reach out to me personally at [email protected] if you have any left over issues from this glitch and I’ll be sure to see that it’s handled immediately myself.

Thank you again for your feedback, we appreciate you taking the time to voice your concern!

- PurelyHR

• Reviewed on 2017/11/01
Jennifer S.
Program Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/10

"PurelyHR is a so convenient"

Comments: I appreciate the over all ease and adjustability of this program. If you are looking for a way to save time calculating staff leave (PTO, vacation, sick, long term leave of absences) and processing timesheets - this is the software to use. We have unique time off policies with many different school districts, and the PurelyHR system can handle them all. It just makes my work life that much easier!

Pros: PurelyHR saves me time and energy with having one digital location for our timesheets and leave balances. This process use to take me and a co-workers HOURS to compile and track, now only minutes.

Cons: It took a little time for my less tech-savvy staff to grasp, but they eventually got the hang of it.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2020/12/11

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a glowing review! We're so happy PurelyHR is making your work life easier.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/10
Beth F.
Operations Manager
Insurance, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/29

"PurelyHR: Time-Off is a signficant time saver"

Comments: After handling time off requests by email and spreadsheet I was happy to find Purely HR:Time Off. Time off requests are now handled quickly and efficiently and everyone has access to the calendar to see who will be off when. I'm looking forward to the last quarter of the year not being bombarded with questions about how much time employees still have available. Purely HR: Time Off has been a great addition for our company.

Pros: Ease of handling time off requests and a company wide calendar that everyone has access to

Cons: Setup would be my least favorite. There was a learning curve due to the complexities of time off scenarios but the staff at PurelyHR: Time Off walked me through each step so that my least favorite part of the software was easily navigated.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2019/05/30

Oh Wow!!

How exciting for our team to hear that we have been able to save you time and energy with your workload? VERY EXCITED!

PurelyHR is always striving to help in any way we can. If you need assistance, you know we are just a phone call or an email away.

Once again, our sincere THANKS to you!

From the PurelyHR team

• Reviewed on 2019/05/29
Lisa T.
Senior Data Analyst
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/01/18

"Easy to use, simple and does what it should!"

Comments: Helps me manage & book my time off!

Pros: I love how easy this is to use! It makes approvals and booking time off much easier than other systems I've used. I like the email reminders for when you have a holiday coming up (personal or stat) and the quick stats you can get to see what you have left, and have accumulated.

Cons: It takes a few clicks to get into your stats to see what you have left for vacation. I wish it was more obvious but overall have few complaints.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2018/01/18

Hi Lisa, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review. We hope you continue to enjoy using the system along the way. If you come across any questions or suggestions, please feel free to reach our support team and they will be able to assist you. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

• Reviewed on 2018/01/18
Joanne C.
Accountant/Human Resource Manager
International Affairs, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2015/07/14

"Time off Manager review"

Comments: Before we started using this program keeping track of everyone's leave we a huge job every month. Now it is so easy we trained all our team members and the training modules are very helpful. I have had to call customer support several times and they always answer my questions and give me solutions. I would highly recommend this program.

Pros: Easy to use, easy set up, very affordable

Cons: I have not had an issue with this program

by Ironflow Technologies Inc. on 2015/11/13

Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you and your team are finding TOM very useful! Our support staff is always on standby to assist you with all your questions, so never hesitate to give us a call, no matter the reason!

Again thank you for your kind words, and we wish you all the success in the world!

Time-Off Manager Team

• Reviewed on 2015/07/14
Maryann V.
HR Director
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/21

"Simple yet in-depth"

Comments: I find PurelyHR to be a huge time saver and it gives employees the autonomy for their time off requests. It's a great tracking tool for absenteeism and just general information, like work anniversaries and birthdays. I recommend this software highly.

Pros: I like the different options for admin to share with employees as well as all the reports you can create. It is also very easy to put in time off and I like the calendar share so at a glance everyone can see who is off. I also like being able to code my different departments. There are many many things I like so I can't say that I like something the MOST, I like it all!

Cons: I don't like not being able to edit at times after someone has put in a time off request, especially if it is for multiple days. I find it easier to just delete the original and start over.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2019/05/27

THANK YOU!! We are very happy that PurelyHR was able to help you and your team!

We have definitely shared your concerns with our development team.

Thank you for spending a minute to leave such a kind review for us and we are here to help with any questions, concerns or issues that you may run into.

Thank you again!

• Reviewed on 2019/05/21
Annette L.
HR Manager
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/25

"Great System"

Comments: No more chasing of papers, following up on requests. Approval by the manager is immediately accessible for payroll. Great to be able to see at a glance who is in/out of the office. Has been a key component in implementing our 'work from remote' program.

Pros: Ease of use for employees, very friendly interface. Plenty of depth for recording information beyond just time & attendance which was our primary motivator. Integration with Outlook and Google calendars is a time saver. LOTS of reporting capabilities.

Cons: Set up can be a bit confusing, still not sure we have everything set up quite right. Managers were a bit reluctant initially (but came on board once they realized the visibility the system gives them).

by Ironflow Technologies on 2019/01/28

Hi Annette,

We wanted to thank you for this very detailed and thoughtful review.

We are happy to hear that PurelyHR helped improve visibility for your managers and implement your "work from home" program.

Our success team is always available to review the way your policies are set up if you have questions or concerns. Reach out to us anytime. We'd love to help.

Thanks again for the review.

Best,

• Reviewed on 2019/01/25
Isabella K.
Director Of Training
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/04/04

"Purely HR - Time off manager"

Comments: Made my life so much easier in terms of staff time off and managing my own time off

Pros: This site has really helped me keep track of which of my staff are taking time off and when, it allows me to look at an overall callender and see who will be working when and I dont have to make notes or think about it. It also lets me approve or not approve time off and adds the approved time off to my google calendar! Its genius!

Cons: There's nothing I don't like about it. If I had to choose something It would have to be trying to figure it out on y own, I did have to be shown how to use it by someone else.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2019/04/17

Hi Isabella,

Yay! We are so happy that PurelyHR was able to help you.

We hope you enjoy all the benefits of having an automated and simple process for your company's time off.

Thank you for leaving such a kind review.

We appreciate you!

• Reviewed on 2019/04/04
Molly P.
HR Director
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/29

"PurelyHR Review"

Comments: Tracking PTO using an accrual method. It was a transparent way to let employees know their PTO balances and Managers to track schedules/PTO usages.

Pros: It was easy to sign up for the software, employees understood how to request PTO, managers and employees like to view their PTO balances.

Cons: I didn't fully understand how the calendar year renewed so I spent a lot of time trying to research how to correct employee PTO balances. The administrator guides were helpful. I wish there was more ability to make global updates.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2019/01/30

Hi Molly,

First, we want to thank you for leaving such a kind review. We're thrilled to hear about the results after implementing PurelyHR in your organization.

We've noted down your feedback on the calendar year renewal and will review the process to see if there's something that can be done.

We wish you all the best in 2019. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us!

• Reviewed on 2019/01/29
Angela B.
Human Resources Generalist
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/01/31

"Meets our needs"

Comments: It meets our needs for a sign in/out board and tracking vacation or reports so employees can book and view time off with ease.

Pros: It's incredibly intuitive to use particularly for the administrator who needs to navigate a more deeper into the program for reports and set up.

Cons: The rebranding Octopus arm character is incredibly juvenile no matter how smiley it is - makes the program look like a joke. It's supposed to be a trusted reliable support for employee data.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2019/02/01

Hi Angela,

Thanks for sharing your experience with PurelyHR. Hearing about the intuitiveness and utility for administrators is very satisfying!

If the illustrations on our website is the only con, we can live with that.

We wish you more success in 2019!

• Reviewed on 2019/01/31
Ryan K.
SR System Administrator
Printing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/24

"PurelyHR"

Comments: Before implementing Purely HR we were using paper sheets and a log book to keep track of PTO. Now with Purely HR we have greatly reduced the amount of hours in logging time off and the users are now able to see there balance without having to calculate it or ask HR.

Pros: The ease of use and the ability to only use the time-off portion of the software. also the ability to access it from everywhere and any device.

Cons: Changes to Policies do not apply to users that already have the policy without re-applying the policies.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2019/05/30

WOW, Thank you so much for sending us such a wonderful review!

It's always exciting for our team to receive such great feedback. We love to assist an help companies like yours with their HR needs.

Once again, much appreciated!

The PurelyHR team

• Reviewed on 2019/05/24
Services Manager
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2017/11/07

"Intuitive Front and Back End"

Pros: This is super easy for our employees to quickly understand and use. For admins, setting up a new user and general on-going maintenance is a breeze.

Cons: We've had issues with making requests into a future year. Customer service responds quickly but doesn't always have a solution.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017/12/08

Thank you so much for leaving a review. :)

We are sorry to hear about your future year request issue. I assure you that we take your questions very seriously and do our best to provide you with a solution. Some product limitations may exist, however if we can find a way to make it work or make changes, we will!

Don't hesitate to get in touch with one of our success members if the problem persists or with anything else you may need a hand with. They are happy to help.

-PurelyHR

• Reviewed on 2017/11/07
Tammy G.
IT Director
Environmental Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/06

"Great Timeclock Software"

Comments: Time-Off was added to facilitate payroll running smoother. The reports have really sped things up.

Pros: It is very helpful that you can set up different business rules in the software to help keep track of things like holidays, shifts an department.

Cons: Our shift hours vary and it was more difficult to set up those special shifts in the Time-Off module. We found a work around though.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2019/06/07

Hi Tammy,

WOW, first let's start by saying thank you for leaving such an amazing review! We're thrilled to hear about the results after implementing PurelyHR in your organization.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/06
Carnie A.
HR
  • Reviewed on 2016/10/27

"TimeOff Manager make my works go easy"

Comments: Companies always have number of mechanism for leave application and HR personnel always need to monitor closely the balance and usage by monthly calculating and updating the accrual, control the usage should not more than balance, bla bla bla.....After TimeOff Manager comes in my company, I am totally hassle free!!! I will no more worry on overusage, no need to report to boss who is on leave today, superior will monitor staff attendance and many etc....I feel never been easy before and I always recommend to friend of mine who are also HR personnel to subscribe ToM.

Pros: hassle free from leave mechanism

Cons: some of the customized features are not available

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017/04/25

Hi Carnie,

Thank you so much for your friendly review. We are so happy that we were able to simplify your tasks and save you time and hassle. We believe every HR administrator deserves to have the right tools for the job! We are glad that this is the tool for you!

We hope you continue enjoying your experience with our products.

• Reviewed on 2016/10/27
Robert D.
Director of Public Works
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/05

"Excellent. A great easy to use program with a variety of suitable feature for our organization."

Pros: The clear layout and ease of use. Cover most aspects of leave with easy to use functionality. We mainly use TOM features.

Cons: Transitioning from end of year to the next is always a time consuming task. It would be easy if their were carry over adjustable settings to address this.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017/12/21

Hi Robert, thank you for submitting your review to us. We always love receiving feedback from clients. In the meantime, someone from our support team will be reaching out to assist in making sure the transition over to the new year, runs as smoothly as possible for you. Sincerly, the Purelyhr Team!

Joely R.
COO
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/06

"We utilize time off manager and enjoy the functionality."

Comments: Easy record keeping online.

Pros: The most useful to me is the calendar view and the year end reports. I also like being able to color code days according to type. It was easy to set up. We don't use all of the tools available, but I haven't taken the time to really understand them.

Cons: It is difficult for users to reset their password and to reactivate a user. It does not let users request the current or previous day. Again, that is probably a setting that I just need to look through. The program is probably more robust than we need, but it works for our purposes.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017/12/21

Hi Joely, First of all, we would like to thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoy the ease of use of Time-Off! We will look into your request and see if we can make a change to improve this process.We truly appreciate your loyalty and support. Sincerely, - PurelyHR Team

• Reviewed on 2017/12/06
Susan S.
VP of Finance & Adminstration - North America
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/14

"Product works well for our needs"

Comments: We were able to get rid of paper approvals & able to easily track who is out of the office.

Pros: Setting up new employees is easy & intuitive. Customer service is always responsive in a timely manner & the price is right for a small company like ours.

Cons: Setting up a new user's vacation time on an accrual basis (instead of all up front) has been difficult/confusing

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017/12/21

Hi Susan, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are very sorry to hear that you are having difficulties setting up the user's vacation time on an accrual basis. We want to ensure we provide you with the best possible solution to make those additions, therefore, someone from our support team will be reaching out to you to review any questions, concerns you may have. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

• Reviewed on 2017/12/14
Jeremy M.

"Travel agency"

Pros: I can pull a time sheet at a 'click of a button' which makes life easier for me and for my bookkeeping when issuing paycheques.

Cons: It is a bit daughting creating different time periods. It would be best to allow the time periods to be user-friendly when adapting. Thankfully, you have a great support team!

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017/12/21

Hi Jeremy, We want to thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are continuously working on making improvements to Purelyhr, therefore we have noted down your feedback and our team will review to see if sometimes in the near future, those changes will be made. In the meantime if you come across any other suggestions, send them our way, we love to hear them. Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

Cari M.
Comptroller
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/05

"Easy to use, reporting is great."

Pros: It was very easy to set up. Employees find it easy to use. Bring a manager, I like the custom reminders.

Cons: I like pretty much everything. If I could change anything it would be that the employee number prints on the emails.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017/12/20

Hi Cari, We are thrilled to hear that you enjoy the simplicity of Time-Off. Thank you for your feedback. We will look into your request and see if we can make a change to improve this process. We truly appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a friendly review. Sincerely, - PurelyHR

Heather C.
Technology
  • Reviewed on 2015/11/12

"Pretty Good System!"

Comments: This is a great system, which updates automatically, keeping track of all of the hours and hour bumps. We can set people up quickly, and it's very easy to set up our system to work for us. We like that it tallies all of our employees and handles the hours for us. Our only wish is for greater flexibility with the calendar itself. For example, if someone sets up a full day of vacation off, but then learns they are coming back early, it would be nice if they could click on that and change it to a half day. Instead, they have to delete and then re-add as a half day. Additionally, we've noticed with multiple day requests, you can't change them. Multiple day requests are the most likely to be changed. Instead, you have to delete the multiple day request and re-add a new multiple day request if you are changing the dates.

by Ironflow Technologies on 2015/11/13

Hi Heather,

Thank you so much for your review, we truly value your feedback! We are glad to hear that the system was easy to set and is working well for you.

As for your concerns about the calendar and the multiple day requests, we've notified our support team which will gladly assist you in finding a solution.

You can reach our support staff by:
Phone : (506) 854-6557
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
By Email : [email protected]
Monday - Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

We hope that we can help you find a solution and set you on the right path. We wish you all the best!

Time-Off Manager Team.

• Reviewed on 2015/11/12
Human Resources
  • Reviewed on 2015/07/20

"Great Program"

Comments: This program has been great for our small non-profit organization. Easy access for all levels of users. We were doing paper copies of timesheets before and now are able to completely scrap this. Great for our bottom line and for the environment.

Pros: Customer support was fantastic.
Easy access.
Banked time feature worked fantastically.
Audit function has been useful at tracking every step and submission.

Cons: Wish there was a way for users to see when banked time is pending approval.
A pre-made training program for staff would be helpful. I made this program up myself, but having a standardized program would have saved a lot of time.

by Ironflow Technologies Inc. on 2015/11/13

Thank you for your review, we truly appreciate your feedback!

We are glad that you found a better path now with our online solution versus the paper documents. We are also happy you enjoyed the support we provided. This area is very important to us, since we want to ensure we deliver the best experience to all of our customers.

As for your concerns about the bank time pending approvals, we've notified our support team which will gladly assist you in finding a solution. For the training programs, we have a guide ready for you and your team that will help them get familiar with the system. Simply contact our support team and they will provide you with everything you need.

You can reach our support staff by:
Phone : (506) 854-6557
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
By Email : [email protected]
Monday - Saturday, 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.

We hope that you find this helpful and we wish you all the best!

Time-Off Manager Team

• Reviewed on 2015/07/20
Joyelle V.
HR Generalist/Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 2017/12/11

"It's the first solution we implemented to track PTO for our company."

Pros: The best thing about the software is that it is easy for employees to ask for paid time off. Most of the time they don't even need a tutorial. It's also very easy for managers to to approve time off.

Cons: Assigning the manager-there seems to be two places you need to do that so the secondary manager doesn't also get the emails. The "allowance" is confusing to our employees because some of them change policies midyear, so a lot of times they don't have a whole 13 or 15 days to use but that's what they think because that's what they see first. They don't know to click on the magnifying glass and scroll down to see their 'max earning for this year.'

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017/12/21

Hi Joyelle, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We've seen that our support team, has been in communication with you recently and we hope that you've had the chance to go through all the possible option. If you need further support please feel free to reach us out at any time at [email protected] Sincerely, the Purelyhr Team.

Shannon D.
  • Reviewed on 2016/11/15

"Everything I Was Looking For"

Comments: I run HR at a small, growing organization and our previous time-off management system was an online spreadsheet. Tons of human error, no approval system, no way for people to check their balances - it was a huge problem. I did some research and found timeoffmanager.com had good ratings so I gave it a try. I found it had everything I wanted: people could request, add notes, see balances; managers could approve; we could have different rules for different types of time off; there is a company-wide calendar view, etc. It was also super intuitive to set up and for employees to use. It literally has everything I was looking for and was very easy to get up and running and have employees start using. We couldn't be happier with it.

Pros: Ease of use, intuitive interface, ability to customize in pretty much any way

Cons: Took a while to set up mid-year and back-filling with days off taken thus far - would recommend setting up at the start of your time off cycle

by Ironflow Technologies on 2017/04/25

Hi Shannon,

Thank you so much for leaving a review. We are so happy to know that our software has been helpful for you and your organisation.

We hope you continue using and enjoying our products!

PurelyHR Team.