• Overall
    3,7 /5
    3,3 /5
    3,9 /5

About Workamajig

Workamajig - The #1 Workflow Management Software for the creative industry. It's an all-in-one solution for agencies and in-house teams

Learn more about Workamajig

Rachel D.
Controller

"14+ years using WMJ"

Comments: From dealing with customer service to upgrades to the software over the years the overall experience has been exceptional. I work on the Finance side but whats wonderful that it doesn't matter which piece of the software you go in to, the layout and functionalities throughout are consistent. In a small office under 20 sometimes people only touch parts of the software or their roles cross, the customization that WMJ offers to be able to handle the crossover in security and viewing ability makes this feasible. Being able to leverage the ability to look at financials by client/campaign/project and then report on efficiency and profitability is important to our management​ team.

Pros: The ability to integrate our CRM, time tracking, project management​, and accounting to leverage the ability to look at our leading and lagging KPIs to be profitable.

Cons: The variety of offering the software can do is massive. Deciding in our office whats a priority to run as efficiently as possible can be challenging. For example, there is WIP in the software but because of our size its the right fit for us.

by Workamajig on 2018/11/16

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to review Workamajig. It's great to hear from someone who's been with us for so long, benefitting from the very features we've spent years developing!

As always, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions, comments or suggestions.

Gwen S.
COO
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/24

"Love our Jiggy (Our nickname for Workamajig)"

Comments: The support team is fantastic. We keep in regular contact (a year after we rolled out the software) to make sure we are using it to the fullest potential

Pros: We did a full search to replace our PM tool and our selection team felt the UI for Workamajig was the most streamlined and easy to use for a full featured PM tool. Time tracking is simple and straight forward and the UI is mostly consistent

Cons: There are a few weird things like starting a discussion on a project task and some of the resource planning is a little cumbersome

• Reviewed on 2020/03/24
Dan C.
Creative Manager
Broadcast Media, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/13

"A dense, useful, but often unituitive task management platform"

Comments: As an end-user, Workamajig was helpful once I overcame the long process of learning the system. The system worked for a long time in helping manage complex tasks, budgets, etc, but we ultimately are transition for something more MEDIA friendly.

Pros: In the complex world of task management for video production, Workamajig fielded many of the needs we threw at it, to varying degrees of success.
Fairly customizable, with a ability to create custom and interdependent forms
When they upgraded to Platinum a few years ago (from Classic) the interface improved its usability.
Notifications settings were easy, and program didn't default to an overwhelming amount of email.

Cons: A fairly steep learning curve.
The interface is very text heavy.
Tracking the progress of tasks was often difficult, without intuitive features like status bars, etc.
No simple and effective way (in our video environment) to store and display media, generate proofs, etc.
Search functions didn't live update, making navigating backlogs more cumbersome.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/13
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/23

"Great integration tool for finance tracking and project management"

Comments: I had an introductory training session with another employee before diving into Workamajig, however the program is self-explanatory enough to navigate without having to ask too many questions. I thought it was very handy to have timelines, budget, and timetracking integrated within one program to make overall tracking a lot easier for all involved parties.

Pros: As a project manager, I used Workamjig often throughout the day, mainly to check cost-to-date statuses, create budgets/estimates, and adjust timelines. Our company also used it for timesheet purposes. I definitely liked the fact that you could integrate the time-tracking with project details, since that made cross checking the team's hours a lot more efficient (at a previous company, we used Workamajig to create budgets but actual timesheets were filled out using Excel, so there was no integration whatsoever). I found the platform relatively straightforward to work with, and found it easy to pull financials and other assets.

Cons: One of my main gripes is - since the timesheet hours were directly correlated with a specific task on a project timelines (ex. the Creative Director could put 2 hours toward the task "Creative Ideation" - if a team member filled out their timesheet for a specific task on 06/23, the project milestone would automatically have a 6/23 end date attached to it, so had the potential of accidentally pushing the entire timeline forward (or backward). Every time I checked Workamajig to reference timing for a project, I had to make sure that the anticipated dates were actually correct, and hadn't been affected by someone submitting their timesheet. We had flagged this with the Workamajig several times, but were told there was not any workaround. Additionally, I found that there was often downtime when trying to pull up a report/add in time/etc. Even with high speed internet, pages had the tendency to load relatively slowly, which was an extreme annoyance especially when in a time crunch.

• Reviewed on 2020/06/23
Marketing Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 2020/08/13

"My favorite project management tool"

Comments: Used for project management for marketing creation and execution including design, copy writing, approvals and trafficking assets to appropriate teams.

Pros: I used it the longest of all PMT so I am be partial but it was very versatile and we could make it work for our specific organization.

Cons: It can be complicated to learn as it does have a ton of features but once you take the time to understand the capabilities it becomes an invaluable asset.

by Workamajig on 2020/09/30

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. I'm happy to hear that our product has helped you out.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected], we're here to help!

• Reviewed on 2020/08/13
Terri D.
Business Manager

"Workamajig"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Workamajig has been great. If there is something that I feel would make my life easier, they send it to the engineers who review, and add to the next update. If I have special reports that I need, but cannot figure out on my own, they create them for me. They have helped walk me step by step through the process from day one, and have made many updates and improvements to the software along the way that has been beneficial.

Pros: Workamajig is easy to set up, easy to use, and easy to train new employees. You can jump in using everything or ease in using different applications. The training staff is great at answering questions, and they are very helpful in getting set up, and walking you through various changes as your business changes and grows.

Cons: We chose to use our own server, instead of being on the Workamajig server. I would recommend that you be on the Workamajig server, as they make certain that updates are completed in a timely manner, and in the long run will make your life easier. This is not really something that I dislike about the software, but a recommendation that I would make to someone thinking about purchasing.

by Workamajig on 2018/11/15

Hi Terri,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. I'm happy to hear that your team is gaining value from Workamajig and that you found it easy to set up!

As always, our team is here to help at [email protected]

Jessica H.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/26

"Great if set up right - Platinum needs help"

Comments: As a project manager it's been very useful in keeping project information all in one place. I've worked at another ad agency who didn't chose to have Workamajig help custom tailor the system to them and it failed miserably. That's not the case here and it works well.

Pros: It's easy to navigate and find what you're looking for.

Cons: It's unfortunate that you've decided to stop updating Classic Workamajig. Platinum has some great features, but because it's a responsive site (as it changes size), it's difficult for me to work with on my computer. I can't have two windows open side by side, Workamajig Platinum and another window (which I'm using to enter information from into Workamajig). If I have them side by side, I can't see the information needed in Jig, and Jig continually tries to resize itself and resubmit information via reloading the page when the window is resized. I never had this problem in Classic. Please fix this!

by Workamajig on 2018/11/13

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig as we are constantly working to better our user experience. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions at [email protected]

Megan Ivan

Keagan C.
Graphic Designer
Public Relations & Communications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/26

"My Company is New to Workamajig Platinum"

Pros: As a millennial with pretty decent technology navigation skills / understanding how to quickly and efficiently learn program to my needs, Workamajig is pretty user friendly. I am aware there are lots of paths of the program that I don't use, but those that I do are relatively easy to maneuver.

Cons: I don't think older generations have an easy time learning the program, then causing understanding problems within our company. Unless they are tech geniuses basically, I don't think this is a program that could just be inserted into a company without having knowledge/understanding gaps.

by Workamajig on 2018/11/02

Hi Keagan,

Thanks for taking the time to review our product! I'm glad to hear that you enjoy using Workamajig and are having an easy time of it.

I'd love to understand a bit more which knowledge gaps you are referring to. We do offer personalized training and have built in walk-throughs that cover all the basic workflows.

We are always looking to improve and I've asked our support team to follow up regarding the knowledge gaps you mentioned.

As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2018/11/02

"One of the only ways to gain a 360 degree view of your business"

Comments: We have used Workamajig for over a decade. We first used it for its time management and project management functions, but then we transferred our accounting onto Workamajig and now have a complete dashboard for our business.

Pros: Workamajig is a fully integrated agency management, which means that you can see a direct connection between projects, resources, time, money and profit.

Cons: The CRM/sales component and the vendor management components of the software are its least powerful options. Also, the fact that data are kept in silos means we can't find correlations as deeply as we wanted, but this is mitigated by the fact that there are plenty of excellent and powerful reports and reporting options.

by Workamajig on 2018/11/19

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As you mentioned, WMJ was designed to be an enterprise solution for the creative communications industry; we are happy to hear your firm is utilizing the full system and WMJ is delivering value to your business!

We are continually working to improve our user experience and would appreciate additional details on how we could improve our CRM module. Our support team is happy submit enhancement ideas at [email protected]

Jim W.
EVP

"Will Know More Soon"

Pros: We have been on WMJ for about five years now and are in the process of moving from the legacy product to Platinum as well. We are also moving our accounting over to the platform beginning Jan 1st. Hoping Platinum makes the product better value for us then it has been.

Cons: Onboarding was extremely difficult and we never really got it set up the way it should be. We are doing a reboot with the move to Platinum.

by Workamajig on 2018/10/31

Thank you for your feedback! Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming and want to aide in a smooth transition to Platinum for your team.

We are happy to offer complimentary training on the new interface and we have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

I will have our training team follow-up to get a session scheduled.

Rachel A.
Director of Finance

"WMJ Review- 3 years in"

Comments: Our experience with WMJ has been mostly positive. It is always a transition to move over to a new agency and accounting software. They were very helpful during the transition with a lot of training and reaching out from our contact at WMJ.

Pros: Search bar feature-- I love that you can search for any vendor, vendor number, project number at the top of the screen quickly and easily.

Cons: Some of the reports are not as easily customizable as others. They ARE customizable in the new mainframe, Platinum, but we still use the Classic version. Eventually we will have to learn the new software and switch over. It could pose challenges, as they will no longer update the Classic version once Platinum is fully functioning.

by Workamajig on 2018/11/15

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are glad to hear you feel supported by our training and support team.

Our goal is to help our clients easily transition to the new Platinum interface, so we are happy to offer complimentary training on Platinum to aide in this process. Please let us know how we can be of service at [email protected]

Caitlyn S.
Account Manager
Design, 11-50 Employees

"Review"

Pros: I like that you can create a bunch of different job needs (estimates, time sheets, etc) all in one system.

Cons: I struggle with the new format because i have to go into a bunch of windows to get one piece of info and then exit and then go back through the process when i have to update something again. I spend more time going through the windows than working on the job. The calendar job start and end dates are absolutely infuriating. Every time i change one date, others change. it will even change the logic option (must start on, must end on) on me, which doesn't make sense. Our projects are so different, i just want to be able to put whatever dates I want without the system trying to correct me.

by Workamajig on 2018/10/30

Hi Caitlyn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product, your feedback is important to us.
I'm glad to hear that having everything in one system has been a benefit to you.

There are available solutions to the specific issues you mentioned and we'd love to help you resolve them but don't want to get too granular on this thread. Your account manager will be reaching out to you shortly.

Account Executive

"Workamajig keeps advancing"

Comments: I really do like WMJ, it's been my favorite software I've used this far.

Pros: I like the software because of it's functionality and how many different ways there are to measure your productivity. I think it is complementary to many different roles within a company from accounting to project management to traffic monitoring, benefitting all of them equally.

Cons: Although I like that WMJ continues to update and make the software more useful, I find that sometimes it's not very intuitive, especially while trying to train other team members on the many steps.

by Workamajig on 2018/11/05

Thank you for sharing; we are glad to hear WMJ benefits multiple roles within your firm.

To aide our clients in transitioning to Platinum, we are happy to provide complimentary training. We also have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

Bryce R.
Audio Visual Editor
Computer Games, 51-200 Employees

"Workamajiging Hours"

Comments: It took a little getting used to at first but after a week It was no problem.
Emails notifications are helpful when forgetting to put in hours. Only takes a few min. To enter in the time so it is much better than physical time sheets.

Pros: It’s easy to look up job numbers without having to contact administrators directly.
I like that you can customize the profile with pictures.
The copy and paste feature for projects recently worked on.

Cons: Changing the browser window size changes the format of everything.
Hard to find workamajig platinum if you don’t already have it bookmarked.
The requirement to change the password every so often is a hassle.

by Workamajig on 2018/11/12

Hi Bryce,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback as we as constantly striving to improve our user experience.

The browser windows change size as responsive design, so that if you're running WMJ platinum on a phone vs tablet vs desktop, it will change the user interface to make the most of the available browser screen space.

Password settings can be reviewed with your firm's system admin.

Please let our team know if you have any questions at [email protected]

Megan Ivan

Mark B.
Creative Director
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/16

"Getting Jiggy"

Comments: It's made it a lot easier for me to track my teams status as it relates to budgets. Trying to get people to a place where they are fully aware of the time they have invested and what they have left. Using platinum and a project management tool has been rewarding. We are starting to use it more to track content and progression of jobs. I hope that it replaces trello so we are more integrated between departments.

Pros: Very intuitive UI. Has a lot of features beyond budget tracking and project management. I feel like I am just scraping the surface of all the capabilities.

Cons: Still not very mobile friendly. A little clunky on Chrome with some to the drop downs.

by Workamajig on 2018/08/23

Hi Mark,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear Workamajig is delivering value to your firm. Our support team is happy to investigate the issues you are experiencing with accessing on mobile/Chrome. I will have your account manager reach out to get additional information.

• Reviewed on 2018/08/16
Clara S.
Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/09

"Platinum vs Original"

Comments: -I was trained on Workamajig Platinum and original at the same time as the office was transitioning from the old version when I was onboarding. In the end, the functionality of the original version made it necessary to stick to the old one to get work done though I prefer the look and feel of Platinum. - Please make Platinum able to print diaries without losing formatting -- our office needs hard copies - Also please add the missing "Track Budgets" selection on "Schedule" in Platinum which is needed to do timesheets and estimates. Previous version had to customize to add the column of check boxes, but not sure where this is in Platinum. - One more request for copying templates from another project --- would be great to have the ability to copy over without copying the people who were previously assigned to that project.

Pros: - Interface looks great
- Lots of fantastic features from project management to timesheets to tracking budgets

Cons: - Diary posts don't print consistent formatting
- Some features lost from the previous version
- Timesheets can get glitchy when adjusting and deleting hours as you go throughout the day

• Reviewed on 2018/11/09
Jennifer B.
Accounting Administration
Public Relations & Communications, 11-50 Employees

"Better upgrades"

Comments: Really like the live/speed aspect, that as soon as someone approves their time, I can see it right away and add it to the billing. The newer features that allow me to drill down into more information, or click on a link to take me to a new screen is turning out to be super helpful to solve issues.

Pros: I'm really liking the new Platinum version, and seeing what new features are offered. Especially now that I can use it on my iPad!

Cons: Don't like that I lost the ability to open a page in a new window.

by Workamajig on 2018/11/26

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our product.
I'm happy to hear that you're enjoying the updates we've worked to develop, and that you've gained value from the real time updates in Workamajig!

Please note that if ctrl+click the page you'd like to open, it will open in a separate window :)

Please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected]

Nancy D.
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/26

"Workamajig is Our Agency Brain"

Pros: Best attributes:
Project management
Client management
Project messages
Time tracking

Cons: Traffic
Not easy to setup
Not compatible with Quickbooks
Steep learning curve
Difficult to get all employees and clients onboarded

by Workamajig on 2018/11/06

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig. I'm glad to hear you're gaining value with our product.

Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems; Project Management, Time Tracking/Resource Management, CRM, Accounting/Quickbooks, etc.

As always we're here to help. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions.

Traffic Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/02

"Workmajig is a great tool"

Comments: I have been using Workamajig for about 7 years now and I always find it does everything I require. Customer service is also useful because you can always get a quick response to your simplest of questions and they even go as far as walking you through to a good solution

Pros: It performs lots of functions and integrates great with finance and allows seamless communication between team members.

Cons: Finding settings and features that the system might have is difficult. Software obviously designed by engineers not by designers.

by Workamajig on 2018/11/19

Thank you for sharing and we'd like to make your experience even better!

We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

Our team is also happy to address questions at [email protected]

Shelly H.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/30

"Workamajig from a CFO perspective"

Pros: The ability to download just about any information into csv file and analyze easily, without modification of formatting, into tables and pivots.

Cons: The slide in and out screens in new platform.

by Workamajig on 2018/11/27

Hi Shelly,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig! I'm happy to hear that you've gained value from the ability to download any information into csv files.

The sliding screen format is designed to create a breadcrumb path of where you are in screens that may have more details/drill down. You can also easily close them all by simply clicking on the left most panel without having to close each slide out panel individually.

If you'd like to open each screen in a new window, you can simply ctrl+click the screen you'd like to open and it will open in a new window.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2018/10/30
SEO Director
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/27

"Easily Manage Multiple Projects"

Comments: Project management has been the greatest benefit of using Workamajig,

Pros: The ability to easily see tasks across multiple projects and when they are due.

Cons: Took a long time to really understand how to use the software effectively.

by Workamajig on 2018/08/30

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback! I¿m so happy to hear you¿ve gained value from our product.

Workamajig is designed to be an enterprise solution for creative firms taking the place of all other systems; Project Management, Time Tracking/Resource Management, CRM, Accounting, etc. To ensure information flows correctly between the different modules, detailed set-up and implementation is imperative. We understand this can be time consuming in the beginning, but is meant to streamline processes moving forward.

As always, we¿d love to hear from you with any questions or comments. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected]

Best,
Team Workamajig [: ]

• Reviewed on 2018/08/27
Content Writer
Banking, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/10

"Customizable for most needs"

Comments: Workamajig is overall a good, solid program to use for our marketing department needs. It's easy to create and resolve tasks, organize your schedule, and get overviews of projects and campaigns.

Pros: Workamajig has a customizable dashboard which makes it really easy to use. Great customer support and training available.

Cons: Workamajig is not very intuitive, so sometimes it's difficult to figure out what you're doing if you try navigating outside of your normal tasks.

by Workamajig on 2018/10/05

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We are glad to hear WMJ is adding value to your firm and you like the customizable dashboard.

We are continually working to improve our Platinum interface and appreciate any additional feedback at [email protected]

Also, our team is also happy to address questions at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2018/08/10
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/07

"Workamajigs for me"

Comments: Overall, it's been great. It's proven to be an indispensable part of our biusiness.

Pros: I like that it's built by my industry for my industry. I love having estimating, time tracking and billing all in one system.

Cons: When my co-workers complain about WMJ not being intiutive, and the long slow gring from classic to platinum.

by Workamajig on 2018/11/19

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are thrilled to hear WMJ is delivering value to your business.

We are happy to provide complimentary training to aide our clients in transitioning from Classic to Platinum. We also have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

Let us know how we can assist your team at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2018/11/07