15 years helping South African businesses

About FlutterFlow

Low-code app builder with a drag-and-drop interface to build native mobile apps

Learn more about FlutterFlow

Pros:

FlutterFlow ave the flexibility to publish the app created as a mobile or web app directly. The community content available offers invaluable resources and insights.

Cons:

Was tricky (different) to Outsystems and get used to a new ide.

FlutterFlow ratings

4,0

FlutterFlow has an overall rating of 4,4 out 5 stars based on 76 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used FlutterFlow before?

Juan Sebastian
Juan Sebastian
CEO in Guatemala
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Singular Flutter Review

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: Great experience building Apps!

Pros:

Flutter flow is a great tool that allows you to build mobile and web applications in a very easy way. It is an example of the future of low code.

Cons:

Can't say. I am a Flutter Flow fan and don't see any major drawbacks.

Pius
Founder in Uganda
Internet, 2–10 Employees

FlutterFlow

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: Amazing experience with FlutterFlow. I can't complain really. It's well-priced making it super affordable to use. I love the overall quality of apps I have built on FlutterFlow more than I have on other NoCode builders, in terms of speed, UI, and scalability.

Pros:

The quality of the NoCode apps you build on FlutterFlow is way better than the ones you get from other NoCode builders in the market such as Adalo, AppyPie, and the rest. FlutterFlow apps are a lot faster, and because you are working with Firebase, you can integrate with a lot of services easily both within FlutterFlow and also with Firebase extensions. Even better with FlutterFlow, you have access to your apps' source code! For me, this is a HUGE win in terms of NoCode builders.

Cons:

There's really not much I don't like on FlutterFlow. I think the quality of apps you build with FlutterFlow is just unmatched at the moment. I think it's the best NoCode builder in the market right now. However, it's not an easy platform to use, compared to the likes of Adalo. FlutterFlow takes getting used to.

Fabio
Fabio
Founder in Brazil
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

So here is my feedback for you and Flutterflow support:

4,0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Considering 99.9% of the time we develop solutions without any support from you, even considering the difficult times we face, we obviously expect some help from Flutterflow Support Team 0.01% of the time.
More than not having your help, the big problem is time!
It's been 1 (one) WHOLE WEEK merely to hear from you "WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING".
Of course, you can! 1. Improve your solution If you can't: 2. Improve your COMMUNICATION: don't waste people's time - 1 WHOLE WEEK to say that you CAN'T DO ANYTHING is UNBELIAVABLE! Thank you for delaying our project and not helping us!

Pros:

Ease in the development of features, just.

Cons:

Hard to integrate with other solutions and deploy Support is terrible!

Lou
Lou
CEO in Canada
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

Great product, but extremely bad support

2,0 last month New

Comments: It's a shame, because despite the regular bugs, the platform has a lot of potential. Support, on the other hand, is disastrous. You can wait 1-2 weeks to get any semblance of a response, and even longer to resolve a situation.

Pros:

An easy way to quickly design a project.

Sirian
Co-Owner in Netherlands
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

FlutterFlow review

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: FlutterFlow has helped me learn Flutter as well as the general app building process. It is not as accessible as some comparable tools, but allows for much more possibilities. It has helped me build great working apps, which are 1:1 with my custom design and work very well on all platforms.

Pros:

FlutterFlow has a relatively good learning curve, but still offers the possibility for more advanced users to extract a lot from this platform, for example with adding custom code. The rate of updates is also amazing, being almost weekly with great new features.

Cons:

Not all parameters of widgets (e.g. a container), are possible to set from a variable. A (much requested) is setting color from a variable, which is not possible right now and needs timely workarounds.

Paul
Director in South Africa
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

FlutterFlow - no code, no worriee

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: It's a game changer, I have been able to complete Apps that I would not be able to do on other platforms, not even close.

Pros:

I have not found a single item on my no-code wish list that has not been provided for.

Cons:

Documentation and support videos are not complete yet, but good enough to help me along. I can see the FlutterFlow team is working hard on it though.

Jos
Jos
Founder / CEO in UK
Financial Services, 2–10 Employees

Next Gen App Development

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: Just beyond my wildest expectations

Pros:

Flutterflow has all the pros of Nocode software with none of the drawbacks seen with other similar app builder tools The ability to import custom code, export clean code without proprietary bulk or obfuscation makes it the ultimate tool for building a powerful, scaleable mobile app from day 1 to year 10

Cons:

There are very few limitations and the team are amazing with new features and fixes being added on a weekly basis - incredible!

Tom
Head of Design in UK
Utilities, 10 000+ Employees

A game changer for designers

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: I have loved how FF has given me a whole new perspective on every part of product design and development. The community is fantastic and I have actually released an app into the app store and it works! That was out of reach for someone like me and I didn't need to touch any terminal code etc to do it.

Pros:

The features list is so impressive but not only that a designer like me can pick it up and do some simply unbelievable things with it. Authentication, backends, notifications... the list goes on.

Cons:

Only early on when there was so much growth did you need to be aware that bugs existed but the team were phenomenal in squashing them and iterating the product to be super stable now.

🕊💬
🕊💬
NoCode Engineer in Nigeria
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

FlutterFlow makes building apps simple like ABC

4,0 2 years ago

Comments: Overall, building with FlutterFlow has been interesting and enable me learn how to build apps with flutter but I would not sacrifice the time saving aspect of FlutterFlow for traditional app development.

Pros:

Ability to code custom features, download code and make further iteration in IDE, makes FlutterFlow stand out to me.

Cons:

Browser lag is a major challenge especially when working on a project with more than 12 screens. Customer service and community support channels should be improved drastically. Paid users should not have to feel neglected after creating a support ticket.

Jorge
Visual Developer in Ecuador
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

One of the most powerful nocode platform

4,0 2 years ago

Comments: I have 3 years of experience using no code platform to work and also sharing content about no code platform on my YT channel, for that reason I know this is a must-see option if you want to create mobile apps.

Pros:

You're not limited to doing development on the platform, you can export your code and that's awesome. Another thing I like is when Flutter (Google's SDK) makes updates, Flutterlfow also because Flutterflow is really easier and faster Flutter especially for people without technical knowledge.

Cons:

If you are not familiar with flutter, customizing the logic of your apps is going to be difficult. The learning curve is hard.

sam
AE in US

Very poor support - need to wait 2 business day

3,0 12 months ago

Pros:

No-code app builder for flutter. integration with firebase and cross-deployment is good.

Cons:

Their support is very poor. Whenever you need assistance, you have to wait for 2 business days to receive a response, and the quality of their response is at the level of a user guide.

Utibe
Manager in Nigeria

FlutterFlow and it's Simplicity

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: Awesome

Pros:

Overall simplicity and the ability to implement and build mobile and web application easily, with understandable UI.

Cons:

Lack of African payment integration for E-commerce and subscription platform.

Mwangi
Designer in Kenya
Design, 2–10 Employees

Build your Applications without Coding!

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: FlutterFlow is a relatively new No code tool. Excited to see how they grow & unleash the full potential of building complex & scalable apps.

Pros:

FlutterFlow is very intuitive, easy to learn and they ship huge updates every week. Regional Discounts also make it affordable for those living in geographical locations whose currency has less spending power. This tool will unlock the creativity of the remaining 97% of the population that can't write code.

Cons:

Sample Apps are not included in the Standard plan

Gilberto
Gilberto
Senior Developer in Curaçao
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Our solution for better performance of Flutter

4,0 2 years ago

Comments: Just amazing, not only for better understood about Flutter filosofy. With easy curve of learn, and many useful tools. I improve my knowledge about flutter, thanks to this tool.

Pros:

Very intuitive, and the integrations with the mobile stores is a plus. Very straight forward with firebase support, and languages.

Cons:

Few, I think, really are minor. (Still better control of versioning, for example).

Dekel
CEO in Israel
E-Learning, Self Employed

Better than the others.

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: Such an awesome product. I can’t even describe what the use with FlutterFlow did to my dev process, productivity and testing scenarios.

Pros:

Ease of use, can bring your ideas to life with almost no effort. Of course the integration with other services; like Firebase for example.

Cons:

I feel that the desktop and web dev & export features can be improved - and i have no doubt about that they will.

Craig
Scrum Master in South Africa

Awesome tool

5,0 2 years ago

Pros:

Was so easy to build and used it to prototype ideas fast.

Cons:

Was tricky (different) to Outsystems and get used to a new ide

Christian
Developer in Puerto Rico
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great tool for beginners and experts alike

4,0 2 years ago

Pros:

Easy to use and does a lot of the work required for small to medium apps, and helps jumpstart bigger, more complicated projects.

Cons:

Would love to see even more templates, though I understand more are being added periodically.

Nicholas
Product desunger in UK
Computer & Network Security, 11–50 Employees

The best available

3,0 2 years ago

Pros:

You can get very far building an app without writing any code.

Cons:

UI is very slow and buggy. Even on a newish MacBook Pro.

Cleber
Self Employeed in Brazil
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

First impressions

4,0 2 years ago

Comments: I'm still a beginner for now, still learning, but I plan to release an app in a short time.

Pros:

I like to be able to extract the source code so that I have independence from Flutterflow and can have my source code available in case Flutterflow goes out of existence.

Cons:

It would be interesting if we could import pre-existing projects in Flutter so that we can work with them within the platform.

munkasir
Web developer in UK
Consumer Services, Self Employed

Game changer!!!

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: Fluuterflow has allowed me to quickly builds app without the extra hassle to learn code. Further it creates relatively clean code which im able to export

Pros:

Able to deploy and design to multiple platform. Ease of use for Apis Database management

Cons:

Intially when joined there was lack of features. How ever flutterflow team has iterated features out so fast it’s truly made me full in love with their product

Noah
Owner/Deaigner in UK
Design, Self Employed

Love It (Just waiting for clients)

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: Love it

Pros:

Ease of use, and its powerful! Can't wait to see what else is released. Gotta love the speed of updates

Cons:

Can be a little slow and laggy on laptop

Salvation
Salvation
Audio Editor in Nigeria
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Nocode Builder in Action!

4,0 2 years ago

Comments: Still the best nocode builder!

Pros:

Easy drag and drop interface, great customization options. Can make an amateur developer's project come out as clean as a pro's! There's also a smooth API integration. Good themes. Good pricing plan.

Cons:

It is not as easy to navigate, as it appears to be quite complex to use, especially for a beginner.

Chandan
Student in India
E-Learning, Self Employed

Good but needs improvement

4,0 2 years ago

Pros:

No Code, Fast, Ability to use firebase. Dark Mode

Cons:

Scalability, doesn't support reading json. Difficult to manage Asset, Variable management.

Emanuele
CTO in Italy
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

The tool for Flutter learning

4,0 2 years ago

Comments: Due to the fact i was sick Flutterflow help'd me out making me staying focus on learning ..from the end...,
i wasn't used to code ..this help'd me to see what was the semantic behind the things and this lead my to continue and trying to go for a degree in the IT coding scene.

Pros:

First of all the most i like is the readyness ,the listening , the respect and the passion of its creator , they were since starting polite, professional , ready to answer . Then apart the stunning UI EDITOR i like the continuos developing and adding new features , its really the best. Then you can export the code to Vs code .This is respect at its best.

Cons:

I don't know it it least.. .I would like to have a bigger database selection , Airtable, Google sheet ( by means of Integromat-make , Zapier etc and a new Audio player with a playlist , i would like to have connections with Node.js express world and i would like to see a flutter flow for react native created by them , you there a lot of tools out there and even on flutter side , Andromo, Nowa, Codeless , Teta.. Thorium builder, Noodl, Wappler, Panda Suite..even flutter bricks and React bricks on Vs Code...but i doubt someone could ever match Flutterfow's team and even with that i will stay here , last an ipad version would be sweet.

Iwan
Developer in South Africa
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

FlutterFlow is now a must use for my business.

5,0 2 years ago

Comments: I can confidently now roll out apps fast. I've published 3 apps with FF, 2 of which now have near 2k users each, one of which, a fishing competition app, had 1k concurrent users per day the week of the competition. It worked, I had no crashes, it was actually stable. That's as much thanks to Firebase as FF, of course, but if I coded it myself, which wouldn't have been possible due to the required timeframe for delivery, it might have been more buggy.

Pros:

I was building Flutter apps already before FF, coding it myself with dart. I already used Firebase as a backend. But it took long to build apps. Then FF came around and I more than 10x'ed my development time, in fact I would say some of my latest released projects wouldn't have been possible without FF given how fast I needed to get something out. The low code and easy to use builder are what makes that possible. Also, the widgets that come with the FF package makes it easier to design beautiful interfaces that I, being a developer not a designer, missed out on when just looking at code before FF. My apps LOOK way better now too. And they work, they actually work!

Cons:

There are minor nitpicky things, such as the inability for sub-collections support in Firestore. If you have an existing system that has subcollections in FS that you want to add an app to using FF, you'll have to refactor your database, which can be a dicey proposition for production systems. So I've only always been able to use FF for new apps, not add mobile apps to some of my large React projects, for example.