• Overall
    4,7 /5
    4,6 /5
    4,7 /5

About LiveAgent

Great customer service starts with better help desk software. Win more customers by providing excellent customer service with LiveAgent

Learn more about LiveAgent

Showing 1 026 reviews

Ondřej B.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/05

"Perfect Zendesk alternative"

Pros: All in one solution with a universal inbox – all tickets and chats are managed from one place. Hybrid ticket stream is perfect, the conversation started with a live chat can continue seamlessly by e-mail. Call center integration looks very interesting too, but we did not use it yet. We have switched from Zendesk, LiveAgent offers all we need, it is easy to use and much more better priced than Zendesk which was one of the main reason why to switch from Zendesk. We can recommend LiveAgent to everyone who is looking for a Zendesk alternative with lower costs. Customer support is perfect. Configurable chat widgets is also a perfect feature!

Cons: Nothing crucial, but Action initiator condition in rules doesn't work, this bug is reported for a few weeks, but still not fixed. Web page design with online ticket seems a little bit outdated.

• Reviewed on 2020/12/05
Gavin H.
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/20

"The best in the business"

Pros: We implemented this software into our busy customer support team for an online business and the effects were immediate. Easy to set up and the support were brilliant when we did get stuck. We were able to provide a better level of response to our customers and also analyse the areas of our business which were creating the most issues and resolve them. I would not be without this software now.

Cons: The only thing missing is the ability to put calls on hold and call back out.

by QualityUnit on 2020/10/21

Hi Gavin,
Thank you very much for such kind words. It's amazing to hear about the positive impact LiveAgent had on your workflow and customer interaction. Our team works hard every day to further improve the system and perfect what is already there - stay tuned for more awesome updates coming your way and remember, we are online 24/7 in case of any questions!

• Reviewed on 2020/10/20
Frederico L.
Head of Customer Service
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/06

"Great cooperation with Liveagent"

Comments: So far it is great!
I am looking forward to new features such as Whatsapp, Chatbot and Call rotation, and, I am sure we will improve our usage of the software even better.
Keep doing the great job you are doing!

Pros: I like that Liveagent provides such close support to our team, never leaving our agents without a reply. Also, they care about the customers and provide close interaction with us.

Cons: It is not that easy when different departments are integrated into the platform, and, it requires some time to set up all the functionalities, so they are not colliding

by QualityUnit on 2020/04/07

Hi Frederico,
Thank you very much for such an excellent review. We are so pleased that LiveAgent continues to be the right fit for you and your company after more than two years! Our team is happy to hear you have been satisfied with the support and that we have been able to take care of any issues along the way. Stay tuned for more updates coming your way to make LiveAgent even better. Happy to have you on board!

• Reviewed on 2020/04/06
Sebastián B.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/03

"How did a Uruguayan start up decide to hire LiveAgent?"

Pros: Since we started with MeVuelo we always knew that our central strategy would be to put the user at the center of our processes and decisions, seeking to provide a personalized service for each of our travelers. As a result of this, we began to do research on what tools were available on the market and which could be useful to us. We needed something that centralized all communication channels and had CRM components to be able to provide the service we wanted. Our main challenge, as a start up, was costs. Most of the tools we knew were very expensive, limiting access to functionality and generating long-term commitments that we did not want. In the research stage we approached many softwares, but we always ran into some problem: the telephone lines could not be connected because in our markets the technology is very old, or online chatting had a separate cost, or it was not friendly interfaces for users etc. When we found LiveAgent we made several video calls with their representatives, generating instances of questions and answers about how we could apply the software to our business. They always understood our need very well and we were totally convinced and finally started testing ourselves with the 14 days of free trials. In that time, we diagrammed how we should configure the system to adapt perfectly to our different departments so that, once we implemented it to the rest of the team, it would be a matter of hours to be working and, best of all, without having genera

Cons: I pondered this answer for several minutes, thinking about what the cons might be in LiveAgent and I didn't find any worth mentioning. It doesn't usually happen to me. So far, software is a key strategic partner for our company and we have only found solutions. Throughout the organization we are very happy with the value that LiveAgent brings us.

by QualityUnit on 2020/04/06

Thank you very much for your complex and kind review, Sebastian! We appreciate it a lot and we are very thrilled to hear that you chose LiveAgent after doing your research! We make sure that LiveAgent is available and affordable to any kind and size of a business and we certainly do not want to tie down our clients, therefore the billing system works on a monthly basis, even the billing itself is very flexible as you can upgrade and downgrade the plan whenever in a month you need and you can also create and delete agents on the go. If you have a high season or a peak week in a month then there is no issue in having more agents only those certain days out of the month, we will always charge you only for your real usage :) I suppose that you already have everything set up but know that you can always reach out to us should you be thinking of implementing anything new! Our support team is there for you 24/7 :) Keep up the great work, Sebastian! :)

• Reviewed on 2020/04/03
Robert S.
Assistant Client Services Supervisor
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/18

"Live-Agent is for you!"

Comments: Overall Live agent has made our office more productive and has allowed us to better track current and past events. We have been trying to use more and more of the features of the system in our day-to-day work. As we do we are finding more and better ways to organize our data and track our metrics. This is allowing us to better see where we are spending our time and better hire new employees. In using Live-Agent in day to day use the auto-tagging, rules, colourization of emails, and search functionsm make dealing with problems and solutions so much faster. We better understand and find what we want and better know who to bring into client issues. When I started we have 5 employees and all used outlook. The about of control and organization Live-Agent allows has put us lightyears ahead.

Pros: I find the organizational tools the best thing about Live-agent. I started with an Outlook based system and searching for emails even a week old was a test in agony. With Live-Agent the ability to auto organizes our emails, with tags, persons, folders, custom filters, timed colouring, etc has made dealing with emails so much easier. I rarely have to search for more than a min to find what I want. In dealing with an ever-growing team is important to have a smooth onboarding process. I am quickly and easily able to explain the basics of Live-Agent to a new team member and when necessary limit there flow of work so as not to overwhelm them. I can also see what they are writing and have open so I can keep an eye on their reply if needed. The contact list has made dealing the new clients much easier as is the managing of who is on an email chain. Since we often need to curate information it is a relief to know we are in control of who sees what when. We currently have a small knowledge-based but we hope to expand its use over the next year and make that a large part of how we use the system.

Cons: At times the email chains can get quite bloated as more replays are added to them. This can make a new person coming into the chain not feel they can find what they want. Also, the general search for emails is great but the in email search I find a bit limiting. It can be hard to find the exact message with the information I need sometimes.

by QualityUnit on 2020/03/04

Dear Robert, thank you very much for your honest and complex review! We are very happy to hear that LiveAgent is helping you in your day to day work and that you are using all the features -tags, custom filters, folders, etc. to help you find anything that you need! We understand that managing a business is not an easy thing and that is why we wanted LiveAgent to speed up things for you and your employees. Either when replying to a ticket, where you can use our features of "Canned messages" and/or "Predefined answers" and templates, or filters tags, etc. that help you look for any ticket you need and also not to forget the feature of "Recent tickets" where you can see all the previous tickets with a specific contact directly in the ticket without having to go back to the main inbox. Regarding the bloated email chains, I can pass this on to our developers. Feel free to shoot us an email at [email protected] if you have any idea of how exactly you would like it to work! :)

• Reviewed on 2020/02/18
Head of Customer Care
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/04

"Live Agent has helped us to level up our customer service."

Comments: Overall LiveAgent has been a godsend compared to our previous provider, the automation alone makes it worth its weight in gold, there was a cost saving for us to switch to LiveAgent but more importantly we have saved on time and resources.

Pros: This software has enabled my team to work more efficiently, the automation available with the software has allowed us to track the sorts of queries we are recieiving and the volume of those queries, all of which can be reported back to our clients. The automation has allowed us to automatically respond to people with specific queries based on keywords which means that our overall volume of work has decreased.

Cons: It would be great if their was downloadable graphs and charts, and generally easier reporting.

by QualityUnit on 2020/02/05

Hello,

we are glad that your overall volume of work has decreased thanks to LiveAgent.

We are happy that you are on board with us. It's great to be part of such a great crew!

Have a good days :)

Tim R.
  • Reviewed on 2019/09/10

"All-in-one support solution"

Pros: I love LiveAgent! In the past, I always used the same communication channels for business and private, or at least they were on the same device. Situations like this were quite common: I wanted to have a Skype call with my best friend, and suddenly a customer notices that l am online and sends me support messages via direct message. My messages used to be all over the place, you have a phone call with a customer, suddenly you get a WhatsApp support request three days later. Or some customer who lives in a different time zone calls you at 3 AM because they forgot about where you live and you forgot to turn off your phone. With LiveAgent I am streamlining my entire communication. I created a [email protected] address for my domain and forward any incoming email to LiveAgent. | also linked my contact form on my website via Zapier to create an instant ticket. Instead of giving customers my Skype ID, I use the built-in video call feature in LiveAgent, so there are no unforeseen interruptions. Voice calls can be integrated as well including a real landline phone number, which is cool. The chat Widget can be fine-tuned to only appear under certain conditions, for example, if someone is spending 15 seconds or more on the pricing page. Overall this tool allows me to have strong boundaries and office hours with customers. | am going to use the second user account for my assistant and then use the routing emails to automatically assign all tickets to him. This dramatically frees up my time

Cons: The design is slightly outdated and it was a bit complicated to find everything during setup.

by QualityUnit on 2019/09/11

Thank you very much fot your nice feedback.
we are happy that you are satisfied with us :) We still working on our improvement :)
Have a nice day

• Reviewed on 2019/09/10
Vasileios P.
Founder - CEO
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/16

"Superb Software that can be used as a Multichannel Contact Center"

Comments: happily been using the software for a while now. also LiveAgent has helped us increase our users satisfaction and revenue

Pros: Easy of use: The user interface is intuitive and super easy to learn even for none tech-geeks.
We are able to use it on many of our websites eachwith their own KB, Forums and Ideas/Sueggestions sharing.

Cons: Not much about cons really but just hoping to see telegram integration so we can manage support requests

by QualityUnit on 2020/06/25

Hi Vasileios,
Thank you very much for such excellent feedback. We are so pleased to hear that LiveAgent has met your requirements and that it made a positive impact on your work-life. Our team works nonstop to further improve the system and pack it full of new integrations to truly meet every need out there. Stay tuned for more updates and keep up the amazing work!

Francisco K.
Information Technology & Services, 5 001-10 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/07

"Customer support webchat"

Pros: Multiple chat buttons and teams
agent can read message even before customer press "enter"
Google Maps API integration is good and helps visualize where my customers are (geographically).
Team transfer is good, specially the ability to note information for agents only.
Chat with one customer and 2+ agents are great !

Cons: Workhours. One for all company. I wanted to setup differently for every team or at least chat button.
Portuguese translation is poor and incompleted. My agents don't speak English so I need it translated.
I would like to setup multiple chats per team and not only by agent one by one.
I would like a separate feature to chat between agents to.
I would like to be able to have a chat with 1 agent and 2+ customers. Off course controlled and if allowed by the customers and setted up by the agent.

by QualityUnit on 2021/01/04

Hello Francisco, thank you very much for your honest feedback! I am thrilled to see that features such as real-time-typing-view, API integrations, and transfers are helping you in your day to day work! Currently, it is not possible to set up general business hours, it is possible to set them up for calls using IVR, but chats are available if the agent is available (they can still disable themselves from chats, even if they are logged in in the agent panel). As to the group chats, it is already reported for our future development but there's no ETA for when this will be developed. Same goes for chats with one agent and multiple customers. Feel free report any further suggestions at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 2020/12/07
Martin E.
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/16

"At last a workable solution!"

Comments: We have messed around for years trying to get an effective help desk to support employment law and HR issues for our clients and have tried a number of alternatives. Eventually we found Live Agent which dos all we want but in a simple to use and attractive format. We particularly like to multiple knowledge base option as we have separate products for different industry sectors.

Pros: The product is simple to set up and use but has all the features we need.
Multiple knowledge bases

Cons: Can't change the ticket conversation date order from latest to oldest
Can't sort tickets by company

by QualityUnit on 2020/06/25

Hi Martin,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It's amazing to hear that LiveAgent makes your day to day work-life a little easier while also being easy to manage and maintain. We are constantly improving the software and pushing it beyond its limits so stay tuned for more updates and don't hesitate to contact us if you ever need assistance - we are available 24/7!

Henrik G.
System developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/19

"Really good tool for support, helpdesk and communication but needs a new iOS app"

Comments: Good. The system works, but the UI could be improved.

Pros: LiveAgent has an easy onboarding sequence, lots of settings and can be configured to suit your needs. Its great for maging your communication with your customer.

Cons: The user interface is a little old school, and the iOS app is yet not updated to support iPhone X and later. It works but it is annoying that it does not use the entire screen. It still looks like an app from 5 years ago.

by QualityUnit on 2020/03/24

Hi Henrik,
Many thanks for your honest feedback. It's great to hear that LiveAgent has been able to match your needs and help with managing customer communication. That said, no software is ever truly perfect but our team works hard every day to improve the software and enhance the current UI of both the web-application and the iOS/Android. Stay tuned for more updates coming your way!

Sean I.
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/18

"Helps me keep all my clients connected"

Comments: I like this software and what it has done for my business and I will be using it always.

Pros: This is my support desk for all my client's needs and wants.

Cons: I didn't like that you can not customize the look and feel. There are some preset themes but, I wanted to customize more.

by QualityUnit on 2020/03/23

Hello Sean! Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that LiveAgent is making communication with your clients a little bit easier on a daily bases. Can you please specify what exactly you would like to customize? We would be very happy to see your suggestion and in case you have any particular wish feel free to hit us at [email protected] We are always happy to help.

Manoj M.
Sr. Trainer
  • Reviewed on 2019/11/04

"All in 1 product with awsome support"

Comments: Excellent! Good support on 24x7 live chat. These guys mostly answers correctly in short period whenever you need any help in configuring LiveAgent.

Pros: All features in 1 package, ticketing helpdesk, live chat, voice calls, customer portal, forum.... what else is remaining? Did I forgot something? Good service for every one. Servers and all services are fast. We are moving from costly services which are separate for each task to LiveAgent for this reason.

Cons: Interface need to improve, customization should be easy for 1st time user. More integrations are required. I tested LiveAgent interface 2-3 year back, but nothing changed. Chat window themes need improvement, reply for tickets need easy screen alignment for the agent window. Chat Invitation need heavy improvement. Hope these guys will consider these in 2020 :)

by QualityUnit on 2019/11/29

Hello Manoj, thank you for your feedback and positive words :) Have a nice day.

• Reviewed on 2019/11/04
David M.
Publishing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/19

"The best helpdesk software I have used"

Comments: LiveAgent has become my go to app for all support requests and I have never had any issues with it in 2+ years of constant use.

Pros: I like the ease of use, the fact I can template answers (saving heaps of time) and track every support thread with ease. Knowing that I have a trusted place to properly serve and support customers and dont need to worry about requests falling through the cracks gives me peace of mind.

Cons: There is actually nothing specific that I dislike about LiveAgent. It does all that I require (and more). My usecase is quite simple, and I do not have to deal with too many support issues, so in my case, LA is all I need and beyond.

by QualityUnit on 2020/03/23

Hello David, thank you very much for your kind feedback! We are happy to have you around for two years already! :) And I am glad you find it easy to use LiveAgent and that you feel like it is saving you heaps of time as it is exactly why LiveAgent was developed, to make the work more efficient and to help you keep everything under one roof with nothing being missed or overseen :) You know where to find us should you need anything!

Ricardo D.
COO
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees

"Simple & Fast"

Comments: We use in 2 companies, very straight to the point and easy to implement. I recommend!

Pros: very robust platform, many features, highly customized

Cons: UX not great, it is hard to read an email thread when there is lots os emails, it gets confusing

by QualityUnit on 2020/02/06

Hello Ricardo,

thank you very much for your recommendation and nice review :)

We appreciate that :)

Have a good day

Lynette C.
Manager of Sorts
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2016/08/10

"Great Choice for Small Team"

Comments: Among the paid support system available, I find that LiveAgent is worth the money for small teams, given the functionality available for the packages.

Pros: I like that I can have all the multi-channels (social media, knowledge base, ticket system, live chat) I use for just one monthly pricing. The package includes three agents, so the pricing is perfect for us. I can do a lot of design and layout customisation according to my liking. It's also a great that my customers can have their own log in to view their support tickets. The best part of all is the amount of integration available with the other tools I use for CRM, marketing, etc.

Cons: As much as having 3 agents included in the package is great for small teams, adding the 4th agent at the equivalent price of the original package seems to be rather costly in a way which is preventing my company to add more agents to our account because it doesn't seem worthy money-wise.

by QualityUnit on 2016/08/15

Thank you Lynette. I really appreciate how you¿ve taken the time to send us positive notes on LiveAgent.

• Reviewed on 2016/08/10
Gareth P.
accountant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/03/19

"Live agent - it's just there.."

Comments: Very good

Pros: Before I started using Live Agent I had used a few CRM systems over the 35 years I have been in business but this software is not really a CRM and is not really targeted at accountants but I find it really easy and useful and I wouldn't now be without it. It is one of those bits of software which fades into the back ground as it's just there and does it's thing and doesn't get in the way. I have also now linked it to my website so I can get calls that way, just no one has called on it so far...

Cons: Nothing really come to mind. I picked this up on a appsumo deal so maybe the deal only the 2 agents, but I am sure that could be increased it needed. I just don't need more than 2 agents in my business.

by QualityUnit on 2020/03/26

Hello Gareth, many thanks for your review! LiveAgent is not a CRM software, but we do have a plugin called "Display external info in ticket" which enables you to pull any data to and from LiveAgent! Therefore, you can have all the info about your customers shown right in the ticket :) AppSumo deals include two agents as you said, but you can purchase additional one if needed! :) Feel free to reach out to us should you need anything! :)

Marco wilhelm L.
Marketer
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/07

"Great solution"

Comments: We tried many solutions and are very satisfied with LA.

Pros: LA is very easy to use. We mainly use the ticket system of LA. We have a good overview of all tickets (thousands). It's perfect that you can create automation, too. Depending on the optinform or keyword, the tickets can be processed by the right employee. It is good, too, that we can put tickets back for some days. Also good: you can add notes to each ticket and you can see the history of the ticket AND the customer, too..

Cons: The knowledge database is a nice idea, but it is not yet perfect. It would be good if you could convert tickets directly into an articles. It would be important to be able to add "private" fields, e.g. do not publish passwords.

by QualityUnit on 2020/02/11

Hi Marco,
Thank you for your feedback. We have been looking into the knowledgebase issue for some time but are yet to find an efficient way to achieve the desired result. Stay tuned for updates and keep up the great work you have going on with LiveAgent!

• Reviewed on 2020/02/07
Eric V.
Director of Web Development and Technical Support
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/10/21

"Very happy with LiveAgent"

Comments: LiveAgent was so simple to set up and was easy for us to move to. This has really helped us centralize our support and provide better support to our users.

Pros: We run multiple client facing websites and LiveAgent was very easy to set up so that we can manage where the emails and tickets are coming from so that we can better help our users from a single support console.

Cons: For us there isn't much not to like about LiveAgent.

by QualityUnit on 2020/10/23

Hello Eric, thank you very much for your amazing review! I am thrilled to see that you found the setting up and using LiveAgent very easy! You know where to find us should you need any help! :)

• Reviewed on 2020/10/21
Keyana K.
Internal Operations Assistant
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/11/21

"Great helpdesk support application for small home business"

Comments: Great customer service on their end, and their service offers a ton of great features that I didn't think I'd need at first, but after just a little while, I quickly came to appreciate all the functionality I get, for such a low price.

Pros: LiveAgent lets me interact with my customers in real time, integrating a knowledge base to help me and my team of just 2 others, solve customer problems much faster and way more efficiently than any other customer support platform I've used to date. The set up process is very easy, and I love the all-in-one inbox . I'm sure to never miss any support tickets or requests, which was sometimes a problem with other similar apps I've worked with in the past.

Cons: Honestly, there are no pros. The price point is pretty solid - after all, it's just myself and 2 reps for my small business - but even if I had a larger support team, LiveAgent doesn't break the bank.

by QualityUnit on 2018/11/26

Hello Keyana!

Thank you very much for the honest review of your experience with LiveAgent! We are always happy to see that our customers are satisfied with the solution we provide and their business is able to grow thanks to the customer support. :)

Have a great day!

- Andy

• Reviewed on 2018/11/21
Ciara S.
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/12/04

"Just what we needed!"

Pros: We were having issue with a similar service where our emails were getting filtered as “spam” when replying by to customers. We have not had this issue with LiveAgent which is amazing!

Cons: Sometimes the auto replies can get a little buggy, but we’ve only used that feature once so far and it worked for what we needed at the time.

by QualityUnit on 2020/12/09

Hello Ciara, thanks a lot for your amazing feedback :) I am glad to hear that with LiveAgent, you are not having the issues you used to have previously :) What exact bugs did you experience with the auto-replies, please? Feel free to start a chat with us on our website so that our tech team could look into that :)

• Reviewed on 2020/12/04
Pierre R.
MD
Sports, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/04

"Wouldn't manage all tickets without this system"

Comments: Customer service for our webshop customers. It is easy to work in.

Pros: We can manage many tickets in short time. It is imple to view history in tickets and for customer back in time.

Cons: Limited functions in mobile view, it should be more functions there.

Jorge edel A.
CEO Veeme Media

"Reliable live chat"

Pros: Having not to deal with several social media accounts to answer messages is a time saver. So I have live chat on my site and Facebook messenger linked.

Cons: Hope they add more social media accounts to answer messages in 1 platform

by QualityUnit on 2020/04/08

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your kind review. It is great to hear that LiveAgent has been able to make communication with your clients across different platforms a little easier. Our team works hard every day to pack the software full of new features and integrations - including more social media management. Stay tuned for more updates coming your way and stay safe!

Oskars V.
Head of support department
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/06/19

"The speed of their support agents are excelent! :)"

Pros: That easy part of the configuration + support speed.

Cons: I have nothing to say here. At the moment, there are not any issue.

by QualityUnit on 2020/06/29

Hi Oskars,
Thank you so much for your amazing feedback. It's great to hear that LiveAgent continues to be the one and only for you when it comes to smooth and efficient customer care - and we are equally glad that you have been satisfied with our support as well. Happy to have you with us!

• Reviewed on 2020/06/19
Rich H.
IT Manager
Computer Software
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 2016/01/22

"Reliable and reasonably priced"

Pros: About 6 months ago, we showed a need to take care of our new and also existing customers by reacting to their customer queries. We made some statistics, found information about companies, which provide help desk software and took a lot of time for research. We looked at user's recommendations, price, quality and at the end we decided to go with LiveAgent. Top view looks simple, but the whole software is developed into details. Agents didn't have any problems with getting used to work with LiveAgent. Now customers can simply contact our staff anytime and they will receive a response in a short period of time. They can contact the company not only with problems, but also with requests and suggestions. Agents can manage the whole communication from one place. Options like: "Forum" or "Feedback" help us to stay in contact with customers. Top product, which connects companies with their customers in a clean and elegant way. Will be exploring more LiveAgent functionality in 2016.

Cons: There really hasn't been any major issues. We've run to some bugs but they were resolved. We've requested a couple of new features and are waiting to have these implemented.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice