About VideoAsk

Easy video chats to build trust with your audience, at scale.

Learn more about VideoAsk

Pros:

The design, ease of use, integrations, originality.

Cons:

I don’t like how it makes you log back in to see your engagements.

VideoAsk ratings

VideoAsk has an overall rating of 4,8 out 5 stars based on 52 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used VideoAsk before?

Darnell B.
Darnell B.
Growth Strategist & Educator in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

VideoAsk changes the game with such a ridiculously simple tool and mantra...

5,0 2 months ago New

Comments: I was hooked from the moment I learned about this software (via Typeform). Being as conversational and authentic as possible is something I'm a huge advocate of in my line of work, so VideoAsk totally speaks my language. It's a terrific product and their support community is LEGENDARY. Two thumbs WAY up from me.

Pros:

I'm currently using it to qualify leads and guide them to specific resources on my website, depending on what makes the most sense for their needs. Love the fact you can integrate it with Calendly so people can book sessions with you directly from the videoask. I'm also a fan of how foolproof it is to embed it within my website. I think the best thing about this software is that it allows you to metaphorically walk people through your website and give them a taste of your personality, which lowers the trust barrier because people can see your face.

Cons:

It's on the pricier side IMO but there's not yet anything quite like it competition-wise, so it's hard to compare it to other products. That said, I think if you're getting hella conversions from deploying it, it's the type of thing that will pay for itself a million times over.

Eyüp Ö.
Industrial Engineer in Turkey
Financial Services, Self Employed

VideoAsk EO

5,0 2 months ago New

Comments: I realized that I made the right decision by trusting this software.

Pros:

It is very nice to be able to create videos of my own brand. This way, my company looks more formal and engaging.

Cons:

Some features and settings can be difficult to find sometimes. Other than that, most of the problems that I had bad experiences were fixed with the updates.

Tara P.
Owner in US
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

It's just ok

2,0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like the templates and would like to see more of those.

Cons:

I use VideoAsk in my Typeform employee application, but the video size is so limited that many applicants are unable to upload their short videos. I also don't like that I can't change the order of the reviews that come or separate the video reviews from the written reviews.

Pip M.
Director in Australia
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

Incredible Product

5,0 3 months ago

Comments: The overall experience with VideoAsk has been amazing. The team are quick to respond to any questions and they have gone out of their way to help me with very specific questions

Pros:

I love that we can integrate our booing software directly into the VideoAsk which helps to really streamline the process that our leads are going through with us. I love that we can brand it to our ProjectBox brand including the way that it is designed and the messaging throughout. With a bit of planning it is incredibly easy to set up and integrate with our existing tools and the feedback that we receive from people about it is amazing. Our conversion rate for enquiries has skyrocketed using this software.

Cons:

There is nothing I really don't like, the things that I had an issue with at the start have all been fixed. It can be a little difficult to remember where settings are for particular things but once you know, you know.

Alternatives Considered: Bonjoro

Reasons for Switching to VideoAsk: I loved how easy it was to create a 'choose your own journey' experience for the people landing on our website and how we could brand it as we needed to.

Burcak S.
ceo in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Videoask responses

5,0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I like the concept of sending customers a video right on the topic which increases the response rate. I also like the connectivity with other products like shopify and with many other apps through zapier

Cons:

I use the videoask gadgets in our shopify store. The popup shows in every screen. This means that even when the customer clicks on the "minus" sign to turn the gadget off, the gadget pops up in the next screen again. We could not adjust that functionality.

Audrey S.
Founder in Spain
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

Interact with clients and leads in an innovative and personal way

5,0 2 months ago New

Comments: I needed a way to assign small video homework tasks to my clients. This was the only thing on the market that really offered what I needed.

Pros:

It's so easy to get going! All of my users and staff managed to learn how to use it really quickly. I use it for e-learning and it's been a game changer.

Cons:

The price increases based on the minutes you consume, it can be difficult to manage the budget this way.

Debbie H.
COO in UK
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

Does MORE than

5,0 2 months ago New

Comments: WE LOVE VideoAsk (and also sister Typeform)
VideoAsk is something we use with ALL our clients and get them to use it too.
Its so effective and has soooo many uses we use across our web (and clients) as our pop up to Surveys to recruitment to creating eReview process. We are regular updating how we use it

Pros:

We use ot across all our business and also recommended to all our clients because its simple its effective its fun its modern its quick it gets results

Cons:

Not sure I can answer this as I dont have any issues or least elements, it's updated and hasn't created any concerns for us ever

Andres C.
Videographer / Video editor in Colombia
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Best marketing option Ive ever seen. this software have so great potential for any kind of business

5,0 2 months ago New

Comments: Just incredible. As a video editor Im buliding an alternative business based, exclusively in your platform for my customers.

Pros:

Straight forward platform. You can have a complete campaign in just few minutes.

Cons:

There is some issues with the bulding page, and further customization is missing, but nothing that can´t be accomplish in a coming updates

Julie O.
Project Lead in US
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

We use VideoAsk ALL.THE.TIME.

5,0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It creates a simple and streamlined way to communicate with leads and new customers AND is an easy way to collect video testimonials for marketing purposes.

Cons:

I truly can't think of anything. it's met all of our immediate needs thus far.

Kim S.
CEO in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Awesome for customer engagement

5,0 2 months ago New

Comments: Great experience

Pros:

Love that it’s easy to use and customers are delighted to get a response from us. It’s an amazing tool and I highly recommend it for anyone looking to engage with customers outside of social platforms.

Cons:

There isn’t anything I don’t like. It’s straight forward and easy to use.

Geordie M.
Creative Manager in Australia
Entertainment, 51-200 Employees

VideoAsk just works!

5,0 6 months ago

Comments: Overall, VideoAsk is near perfect for us. We've been using it basically since launch and are yet to be let down. It really has fundamentally changed the way we hire employees in the best way.

Pros:

It's extremely easy to use. As a national entertainment business with an HQ in one city, it's awesome to be able to audition new hosts all across the country using VideoAsk. It totally changed our hiring process. Our audition rates are through the roof, and the quality of hires has increased as well. It's intuitive to use, and can work with our automation software to get instant updates when auditions take place etc.

Cons:

It's not the most complex system every created, and there are some features that are paywalled behind more expensive plans - but for what we need we're not really missing out. The closed captioning of videos isn't always accurate, but it's easy enough to change. I wish it could be a bit more consistent, or you could train it to recognise brand names etc.

Bryan K.
Founder in US
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees

Allowing for Innovation in Mental Health

5,0 5 months ago

Comments: Support- awesome, quick response to questions. Sales- struggled initially as a start-up and needing a BAA for function- which was going to require being on an Enterprise plan. But VideoAsk changed policy and was able to secure BAA on a lower tiered pricing plan which was phenomenal news.

Pros:

We use with mental health assessments. So much better to have a patient respond to a person asking intake questions, instead of using generic forms. Response has been amazing. Video Ask allows us to work: creatively, logically, and efficiently. We put them to the test with 80 question assessments with multiples of guides, meaning we manage over 5,000 questions, and we have found this easy to do. We can work quickly, we haven't ever lost completed work, and feel fully supported by VideoAsk/Typeform. A true blessing they do BAA's

Cons:

We did struggle with one of their beta implementations. VideoAsk to Google Sheets reliability wasn't where we needed it, but they were clear it was a beta function and they helped work around using webhooks.

Juan C.
Teacher, Coach, Founder in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Gamechanger for Online Educators and Coaches

5,0 7 months ago

Comments: Excellent customer service, excellent added features over time, easy to use no-code tools. It's been amazing!

Pros:

What I like most is how seamless the experience is for the user. This increases engagement and the likelihood of them responding and following through. It removes the pain points from communicating asynchronously through video, and allows teachers and coaches to keep the conversation going beyond the usual live conferencing platforms.

Cons:

Some of the more advanced features have acted up from time to time with minor bugs, but the team has always been super helpful in solving them as quickly as possible.

Marketer in Brazil

High conversion rate and high costs

5,0 6 months ago

Pros:

Sending the briefing to my clients became much easier, now they respond in full, the videos made a whole difference

Cons:

You won't be able to apply many times as the limitation for the free version is quite big. You will need to pay for the tool to make the most basic uses, as the limit is quite low.

Sarah K.
Marketing communications Specialist in US
Automotive, 501-1 000 Employees

Using for Employee Communication and Engagement

4,0 7 months ago

Comments: We found that VideoAsk was a perfect solution to help automate our Monthly Safety Training. Before using this software, we would pull everyone into our University and go over a training powerpoint. Now, our employees are able to review the training on their own time and we are able to download responses/attendees rather than do so manually with pen/paper. We have shared this software with our sister companies and some have adopted it to meet their needs. Next steps for us would be to use this as a communication tool for our external customers.

Pros:

Ease of use and implementation. Preset options are easy to replicate and you are able to receive immediate, real-time feedback.

Cons:

I am not a fan of the customer service only being through VideoAsk... I get it, but it would be helpful to have a hotline/email for a designated sales or engineering representative. Our company has over 850 employees, and we use VideoAsk strictly for internal communication. It would be nice to have fully customizable dropdowns or text entries that we can change (for example, I don't need their email, but it would be nice to have their department as a dropdown).

Julie B.
Owner in US
E-Learning, Self Employed

Helps our customers make a decision they feel good about

5,0 5 months ago

Comments: We use Videoask to help potential students make a good decision about joining our course. We ask them questions about where they are at in their journey and guide them based on their decision. It helps the right leads take the leap to join and it helps the wrong leads decide against the course. Both are a win win.

Pros:

We set it up once and let it run on it's own! Super low maintenance.

Cons:

Nothing. It was easy to use and we are very happy with it.

Christina P.
Mortgage Agent in Canada
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

Video integration is the way of the future

5,0 7 months ago

Comments: I have been using VideoAsk for my FB Lead Generation for 6 months now. I have seen a huge lift in my conversion ratio because clients feel like they already know me and want to do business with me.

Pros:

VideoAsk helps to increase your client's level of know, like and trust factor even before you've had your 1st meeting with them. By the time I connect with my client, they have already made the decision to work with me.

Cons:

I don't know how to take advantage of all the Zapier integrations to get the data collected to go somewhere. Fortunately I have a digital marketer that does most of that for me anyway and she knows how to do that!

Jordan A.
Integrator in US

Beyond my expectations

5,0 7 months ago

Comments: Without VideoAsk we would not be able to offer the amazing service at the affordable price point that we provide to our clients. The service simply wouldn't exist. When I first signed up for VideoAsk I expected to use it to collect a few testimonials. I discovered there were so many more possibilities and have spend the past year and a half beginning to explore them!

Pros:

My favorite thing about VideoAsk is how easy it is for the people submitting responses to me. They don't need to download an app or create an account. In some cases I don't even need to require a name or email!

Cons:

VideoAsk is constantly improving. I look forward to updates that continue to address video and audio quality.

Cara B.
Global Events Manager in US
Events Services, 11-50 Employees

Quick and easy way to collect information & interact with website visitors!

5,0 7 months ago

Pros:

I work on an events team for market research conferences. Previously, people who were interested in speaking at our conferences submitted a form with their name, email address, title of their presentation, etc... Since finding VideoAsk, we've transitioned entirely into collecting 60-second videos from potential speakers. This is easier on them, easier on us, and it gives us an idea of someone's on-stage presence, which an excel sheet could never do!

Cons:

I wish that I could customize the video logic to collect more than one piece of information in a single step of a VideoAsk. For instance, there's already the capability to collect (in one step) a respondent's name and email address. I wish I could add Job Title and Company Name to that step as well. Also, I know that file upload is possible as a response, but I would also like to see a specific logic step for submitting a link/URL.

Aseem S.
Head of marketing in Canada
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees

Great product

5,0 7 months ago

Comments: Very good product.

Pros:

We use it in our onboarding campaign for new users to leave feedback about our services, we also use it to get quick video testimonials. Easy to use, easy to embed in marketing emails, never had a customer of our's complain about it either.

Cons:

I dont have any negative feedback about the product as of now. Working well for us

Mackenzie T.
Hiring Consultant in US
Human Resources, Self Employed

Terrific Platform

5,0 7 months ago

Comments: The customer support has always been absolutely exceptional, and the experience has been very, very smooth.

Pros:

VideoAsk provides simple, easy-to-use tools at a great price for collecting customer feedback and lead generation.

Cons:

The API tools are a bit undercooked. The JSON outputs change every 3-4 months, which means I have to do regular maintenance of my code.

Arnas B.
CEO in Germany
Information Services, 2-10 Employees

Easy video capture for our startup matching platform

5,0 5 months ago

Pros:

We love that we can offer the startup founders on our platform an easy solution to capture a personal message to their potential future investors. This is so much more powerful than only the regular pitch deck as it gives an un-choreographed glympyse into the founders' personalities.

Cons:

We would love to automatically add our logo to replies so that we can directly upload them to our social media channels without having to manually edit them. This is not yet possible.

Stefan H.
CEO in Switzerland
Think Tanks, 2-10 Employees

well done

4,0 7 months ago

Comments: it's the piece of software that influenced my 2021 busines the most.

Pros:

The very intuitive and surprisingly personal way of interacting with customers.

Cons:

Wish 1: Possibility for multi-lingual setups. For instance use different captions an same videos. It's not designed to keep overview when you run more than 5 Videoasks at the time. And the captions are poorly implemented! You need a lot of luck if you edit them by hand, that you don't mess things up. Don't get the logic there

Pedro F.
Head of Marketing in Portugal

Super versatile

5,0 7 months ago

Pros:

I love how easy it is to make it fit any purpose, from surveys, to upsell funnels.

Cons:

I honestly don't find any faults. It's always worked as expected, and I find the UI very intuitive.

Attorney in US
Legal Services, Self Employed

Good tool for connecting with potential customers

5,0 7 months ago

Comments: It helps me connect with potential customers and develop rapport even when I am sleeping. I think video is a great way to convey information.

Pros:

I like how it allows me to record a video that can be viewed by a potential client at anytime. I also like how I can make a sequence of video, so I can respond with a relevant video based on their response. I am an estate planning attorney and this tool helps me educate clients before they ever meet me.

Cons:

Videoask has improved since I started using it last year. Initially I did not like how it would sometimes pick an unflattering thumbnail from my video. I would sometimes record the video again in an attempt to get a thumbnail with my eyes open. Now they let you choose a thumbnail which is much better.