Microsoft To Do Reviews

Filter by:

• Overall

About Microsoft To Do

Task management app that allows users to share to-do lists among themselves, set reminders, and add notes.

Learn more about Microsoft To Do

Showing 1 988 reviews

Alhassan A.
Research Coordinator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/07/08

"the perfect bridge to connect your professional and personal lives"

Comments: Microsoft To-Do allows me to never lose track or forget about the little details of my day like visits to the mechanic, doctor's appointments and family occasions. Beyond task sharing which can be a little difficult sometimes, all the ToDo features function exceptionally well and have really allowed me to better coordinate my personal and professional lives.

Pros: Microsoft To-Do is designed to make usage as uncomplicated and effective as possible. The app is neatly organized into sections that make navigation, entry additions, editing or deletion as simple as possible. It has helped me to better merge my professional engagements with my personal obligations in a way that causes as few clashes as possible.

Cons: Not being able to move items from one list to another is a real headscratcher for me. And also, there should be a settings option one could check to automate moving uncompleted tasks to subsequent days.

• Reviewed on 2021/07/08
Mark R.
Engineer
Civil Engineering, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/25

"More of a list app rather than a todo app"

Comments: It's a good product for me to keep lists of things I need to remember. There's nothing too deep or sophisticated. If you are looking for something easy and fast without some of the bells and whistles, this app is a good bet.

Pros: You can make your own categories, has the facility for subitems, has team functionality with task assignment capability. It helps that I can work on the desktop version and go right to my phone app and have all data ready to go. It's pretty immediate too.

Cons: I think this app is more about list keeping than actual personal productivity. The listing and tasks has no serious prioritizing scheme which is crucial for me. You can "star" items but that's as far as prioritization goes. Using dates on your items is a bit clunky too.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/25
Randi T.
Operations Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/06/26

"Wunderlist has changed the way we organize task!"

Comments: We absolutely love and depend on Wunderlst on a daily basis for keeping our organization on track. It helps so much when our team works away from the office most days and you want to add things to various people's to-do list as I oversee a team of people. It helps us stay productive as they don't have to waste time transferring these​​ things from their email to their list which we have done in the past and it lets me see when they have completed a task.

Pros: I love the fact that you have so many levels to organize your list, especially for those who have different areas they oversee​ or want to organize their own lives w/ in the same software.

Cons: I sometimes have a hard time doing a backup​ but have found that just doing it through Export.wunderlist.com works much better.

• Reviewed on 2019/06/26
Managing Director and Founder
Graphic Design
  • Reviewed on 2018/05/09

"A robust & useful task list app"

Pros: Having used this app for the past handful of years, I've learned how to utilize many of the features available such as sharing tasks with colleagues and team members, create groups and folders to categorize lists based on work, personal, shopping lists, moves, and a ton of other uses. I have been able to install and sync my lists across all 4 of my devices (2 computers, phone & tablet) so I am always up to date. Tasks can have due dates and reminder dates & times, as well as subtasks which is very helpful when you have a project that has several steps. As each step is completed, it can be marked off and once the full project or phase is done, the parent task can be marked complete. I use this for every type of task from personal items, shopping, bills, client/work projects, follow-ups (there's a notes section to keep track of notes in one place for that task), and even recently, all the tasks for my move including packing, mover information, utilities set up and even family events. Being able to create folders, these tasks are much easier to track and schedule. Things are always getting updated so there are new features which get launched over the course of time so it's much ore robust today than when I first started working with it.

Cons: As awesome as the folders and groups/subtasks are, there can be times things may become a little disorganized. Or it feels that way. I sometimes have to number my individual tasks so I can make sure they're in the order I want since the options available joe for sorting is alphabetically or by due date. So numbering the j divisible tasks creates an alphabetized way to sort. A little bit of a pain short of sorting manually. But these are minor in comparison to the features you do get.

• Reviewed on 2018/05/09
Sam J.
Consumer Goods, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/27

"HANDS DOWN MY FAVORITE APP"

Comments: I’ve been using it since it was Wunderlist. Best app ever. This keeps my personal to do list, my business to do list, my wish list, shopping list, books I want to read (but won’t ever get around to actually reading), business ideas, writing ideas, silly crazy ideas, movies I want to see, my vehicle maintenance schedules, my goals, my dreams and everything in between. As a side note I also use a simple but crazy-effective emoji system. I put an emoji in front of each to-do item. For example the hammer emoji means fix, a tree means outdoor project, a squid emoji means organization project, thread=sewing, car=car, computer=computer, etc. after that I put a number emoji which means how long I think that project will take. The app allows you to sort alphabetically so all the emojis are all grouped. When I have time, all I do is look at my to-do list and decide what kind of project I’m going to tackle and how much time I have. Then I get things done. Yes I was that really productive friend when the pandemic hit and we all got laid off. I was crushing it, getting things done, building stuff, staring side businesses. All with the help of Microsoft To-Do.

Pros: This is BY FAR my absolute FAVORITE app ever. This app is a direct extension of my brain. It keeps all my thoughts organized. It is a perfect holding place for all the crazy ideas and things I need to get done that pop up in my brain. I can easily dump them here and then focus on what I need to. I’ve been using this for years back when it was Wunderlist.

Cons: Nothing. It is a perfect app. I can’t say enough good things about it. I love it and use it every day.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/27
Eric C.
  • Reviewed on 2019/12/26

"Wunderlist is a simple and elegant to-do list app that will be sorely missed"

Comments: I will sorely miss Wunderlist as it approaches its last days in 2020. I will struggle to find another List app that keeps it as simple (yet functional!) as Wunderlist.

Pros: I loved how it kept my to-do lists and grocery lists easy to organize and add to. It was stellar for keeping simple things simple. Sharing my lists with family and friends was a real breeze. My whole family uses Wunderlist and we can't complain at all, it's really that predictable, reliable, useful, and great!

Cons: It may be too simple for some people. I find that it is best used as a grocery list and checklist app as opposed to a to-do list app (which many may find Trello to be a better alternative in that regard). The biggest Con for me is that I've used Wunderlist for years now and they are shutting down. So I can only recommend it until they discontinue the service.

• Reviewed on 2019/12/26
Matthew R.
Support and Operations
Government Administration, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/01

"The perfect work / life organiser"

Comments: Overall I would highly recommend Wunderlist to anyone who is trying to be more organsied. It has helped set reminders, repeating tasks, lists, assignments and more. The mobile app is excellent, especially if you share tasks and lists with others.

Pros: Wunderlist is so simple and effective that it implements into your work / personal life perfectly. The overall ease of use and complete cross device compatibility makes it the go to app for all things to do. Being able to create mulitple lists, setting priorities and adding information and sub lists makes this a great platform.

Cons: As it is designed as a simple to do app, sometimes it lacks deeper features which would be nice. Team collaboration can become limited, but for daily tasks and simple projects it's excellent.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/01
John frank R.
John frank R.
Marketing Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/07/09

"The perfect task managment app"

Comments: I really do like wunderlist for managing tasks for different departments.

Pros: I liked the ability to assign tasks to people on my team and put a deadline on it. Great for doing so for different departments.

Cons: We ultimately added the app to Microsoft teams because their suite offered more than just task management.

• Reviewed on 2020/07/09
Erin D.
Marketing Consultant
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/21

"Wunderlist Helps Me Prioritize, Organize, and Complete Projects On Time"

Comments: Working with multiple clients every day, Wunderlist helps me to remember everything by client, even the small things, so nothing falls through the cracks. It helps me to stay organized and to work efficiently.

Pros: I can pull up all my to-dos by client and date due, to make sure I take care of the most urgent projects/tasks first. It also makes it easier for me to block my time out so I am more efficient and focused to get things done.

Cons: Wunderlist, in particular, has this function where, if you put the day/date in the title of the task, it automatically schedules it for you and then removes the day/date from the title of my task. I don't really like this feature because if I say "do this on Tuesday", I don't necessarily want it to auto-schedule for the next Tuesday. So I have to go in and change the date, and then add "Tuesday" back into the title of my task. Since it was purchased by Microsoft, I thought maybe Microsoft would continue to improve it. But I am hearing that they will be phasing it out and replacing it with MIcrosoft To-Do, which in my opinion, isn't as good as Wunderlist. So I am hoping Wunderlist doesn't go away. If it does, I would hope Microsoft would bring To-Do up to the same level or better functionality than Wunderlist.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/21
Decker M.
Associate Director of Operations
Religious Institutions, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/05/14

"To-Do List Person's Dream"

Comments: The "ding" of completing a task in Wunderlist is an endorphin rush for someone like me - someone who loves to get tasks complete. This took keeps me organized on my to-dos.

Pros: -Clear and easy to use to-do list tool
-Syncs with all the devices you have it on and log into
-Allows you to share a list (text or email)
-Allows you to collaborate lists with another user (both can add and subtract items)
-Allows you to create multiple list
-Has deadlines and reminders for tasks
-Easily allows you to move a task to priority
-Allows attachments, notes, and subtasks that need to get done before completing the main task
-You can make a simple list or a complex list, but the complexity doesn't make it simple harder to use
-Easily allows you to hide and archive lists that are no longer used

Cons: -Sometimes the picture attachment gets lost when syncing. It seems to save the picture on the device and not in the cloud. I may not know how to use it, but this part seems confusing when I have tried it.
-Doesn't work on Andriod Auto - would love to see this feature

• Reviewed on 2019/05/14
Aaron A.
Business Manager
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/20

"Perfect at creating to do lists!!!"

Comments: Very good UI and is easy to see all your tasks at the same time as well as those assigned to you by different people.

Pros: Each team member manages their tasks in Wunderlist. Offers reminders and attachments for each note. It allows assigning tasks to any team member.

Cons: I think Microsoft purchased this company so at some point it might be discontinued but should live on in one of Microsoft's own apps.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/20
Hariharan R.
Senior PM
Information Technology & Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/31

"Kill that Checklist"

Comments: Love it and its my go to for checklist

Pros: If you have read Checklist manifesto, I would not explain the importance of Checklist. Wunderlist helps in managing your checklist across all devices - windows PC, iOS/ android phones and tablets . Manage multiple checklist - Home, work and hobbies etc.

Cons: Looking for some improvements on the layout, has been the same for last couple years.

• Reviewed on 2020/01/31
COO
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/15

"I recommend this to EVERYONE"

Comments: I am able to keep on task, prioritize, and know exactly what needs to be done at any time in an extremely organized fashion, and its all in one place.

Pros: This is HANDS DOWN the app I use to run my life. I can simply manage tasks for both business and personal and not have them intertwine. I can set deadlines, attach files, add notes, add other people...the list goes on (no pun intended). I was not good at keeping to-do lists until I found Wunderlist. Somehow it made it less intimidating and it is such a clean and organized layout, not to mention I can integrate it with my Outlook and have it sync to my phone or whatever device I am using, as well as have it as a chrome extension.

Cons: Literally nothing. I am obsessed with this software and I recommend it to everyone. I am actually back in school now furthering my education and I recommend it to all of my classmates who are having trouble with time management and organization.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/15
Debt Product Manager
Financial Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/04/26

"Planning you day easily"

Comments: I have been using it for the last 6 months and no problems found. Highly recommend it

Pros: This software is very easy to install and customer-friendly, and the best thing is that since I started using it, my days have become much more productive, also, the night mode is perfect.

Cons: It is now disappearing on the 6th of May, going to become Microsoft to do. Hopefully, they will keep the software the same way, or at least very similar.

• Reviewed on 2020/04/26
Jenny M.
Jenny M.
Freelance Copywriter
  • Reviewed on 2018/08/02

"Simple yet complete to-do list app that syncs with desktop"

Comments: Quick list-building to keep various areas in my life in order.

Pros: This is my favorite to-do list app. I use it on both Android and iOS and it's easy to use on both. The interface is clean but complete, and you have all the functionalities you need to create and edit items in a list. You can also set reminders, share lists with others, assign items to people, and add extra notes within a list which I've always found useful. Syncing the content between the app and desktop is instantaneous, never had a problem or delay with it. You can always manually tell it to sync if something hasn't appeared on the other medium yet. There are a few personalization options like choosing a different background image from a small library. Overall it's a straightforward app to keep your lists in order with all the essentials and then some.

Cons: - After ordering a list A-Z, items I create go to the bottom of the list and stay there which means I have to order the list from A-Z every time I add a new item to the list. - On mobile, I'm in a list and minimize it to switch apps, but when I switch back the app shows me the "inbox" list. This happens every time and shouldn't be too hard to fix. It's very annoying having to keep going in and out of lists and not being able to switch apps to not lose my place. - Being able to upload a new background image would be a "nice to have".

• Reviewed on 2018/08/02
Erik K.
Sr. Manager of L&D
Telecommunications, 501-1 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/02/14

"Great to-do list"

Comments: We use Wunderlist to allow us to have a shared checklist within my team to keep track of all the prep needed for each new hire we have to on-board (which is 100+ each year).

Pros: Wunderlist is absolutely simple to use. I also loved being able share lists with my team members.

Cons: I heard that Wunderlist has been bought by Microsoft and being replaced by To-Do.

• Reviewed on 2020/02/14
Public Safety GIS - Training and Customer Support Coordinator
Civil Engineering, 1 001-5 000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/12/13

"Wunderlist is WONDERFUL!"

Pros: This is hands down my absolute most favorite app EVER! It's super intuitive, very easy to use - I even got my mom to start using it. I did a lot of research trying to find the best application to use for making lists that are sharable and editable between multiple users. It's free! It's VERY easy to set up and start using. I share almost 12 lists with my bf who I live with in order to keep track of groceries, items to return, places we want to try and eat, activities for date night etc. I also keep lists for myself for work and home errands. I can keep lists for ideas for presents with people etc. I LOVE LOVE this application. It has simplified my life and kept us organized without even trying, also I'm a total sucker for the little noise notification when you check off a item on a list - it's like an audible pat on the back!

Cons: No complaints - seriously not even one. If I haaaad to make one maybe that I could customize the colors however that would be it!

• Reviewed on 2018/12/13
Kaleb G.
Kaleb G.
Facility Maintenance Technician
Facilities Services, 10 000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/03/24

"Great to do list app for your large business"

Comments: This application is a great tool to use for your company no matter the size or honestly for your personal life. It allows you the ability to utilize this from your handheld device all the way up to your tablet and laptop. It gives you the range to make note of any task or job that needs completed and allows any employees that you have shared individual list with to see those tasks in real time from the time they are posted to that. This is by far the greatest to do list app I have ever used for a job or personal use. I highly highly recommend anybody and any job field to utilize this app you will see great results in a short amount of time I promise you that.

Pros: Ease of use
Easy to communicate and track jobs needing to be completed
Ability to assign to individuals
Able to post images
Able to set reminders/due dates
Easy to communicate with supervisor

Cons: I haven't really found any issues yet and I have been using this product for quite a while now.

• Reviewed on 2019/03/24
Larry M.
Larry M.
Creative Director
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/08/06

"A wonderful list keeper"

Comments: I tend to organize everything I do, from personal to business items, through lists. Wunderlist makes it extremely easy for me to keep track of items I need to deal with.

Pros: I can use it across all of my devices, and can even access my lists from the web if absolutely necessary. Everything always stays in sync on all devices. I can even share lists with other people I work with, ensuring they are also in sync with me.

Cons: I wish I could have levels of nested lists. It is possible to have folders containing lists, as well as attaching notes to list items, so I can work around the lack of nested lists that way, but it would be handy when in the middle of a list, to be able to break out detailed bullet points.

• Reviewed on 2019/08/06
Marketing Manager
Music, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2018/10/01

"Never Lose Track of Your Work Schedule Again"

Comments: Wunderlist has kept me on the straight and narrow since it's early days as a Berlin startup in 2011. It helps me keep track of a busy to-do work life that without it, I'd surely got lost and in a fluster. It's an essential, everyday tool for streamlining your workflow.

Pros: I love Wunderlist because it's a super simple tool that can go from just a bullet-point style, jotted list to a fully detailed to-do list with notes, timescales, links, multiple contributors and reminders. Plus, it can all be accessed from anywhere on a myriad of devices. Great for working with others on a project and keeping tabs on progress of who's done what.

Cons: As I always have it open on a pinned tab on my work machine, it can get a little flustered when it's opened and can need a refresh, but some of the blame could lay with the browser on that front.

• Reviewed on 2018/10/01
Ricardo O.
Ricardo O.
Academic Instruction Designer
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/03/29

"Five stars for personal use and light projects"

Comments: Excellent for 90% of people who needs to organize their daily schedules or simple projects.

Pros: Along with Google Tasks, Microsoft To-Do reigns supreme in terms of simplicity. But Microsoft To-Do is more complete and rounded:
- Creates lists of tasks that are visible at the same time
- Lists can be gathered under "groups" for added complexity when needed
- The "My day" feature is a total winner. You can add those tasks you want to achieve during the day. for me is a great way to challenge yourself to see what you can accomplish realistically.
- Speaks perfectly with Outlook (of course) and nicely with other calendar services.

Cons: My only con is not really a con. Starting from certain levels of complexity Microsoft To-Do tends to be way too simple. And it should be so. The company has other more robust options for added functionality, like Microsoft Planner, or the venerable Microsoft Project.

• Reviewed on 2021/03/29
Xorla A.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/05/26

"Serves its purpose 100%"

Comments: It has done exactly what I expected it to do for me to absolute perfection. It has certainly reduced the number of calls I get from my wife reminding me of one task or the other.

Pros: It is extremely simple to use, much like a more complicated sticky notepad. As someone who tries my best to keep my professional and personal lives as separate as possible, Microsoft To-Do allowed me to achieve the same benefits in my personal life as I got from the more sophisticated project management tools I use in my work. My most favorite feature is that it allows you to upload files specific to each task and also allows you to easily share items with other users.

Cons: My only complaint is that it does not have more than the two basic task categories of starred and non-starred. It could introduce a few other intermediary levels of task prioritization; I guess.

• Reviewed on 2021/05/26
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2020/01/21

"Wunderlist is what to-do lists should be"

Comments: My team can collaborate on To-Do items and share our progress easily

Pros: I love the flexibility of how lists are created, nested, and shared. My whole team can share some lists to keep up to date on each other's projects

Cons: The iOS app tends to freeze several times a day. The website has features that none of the installed (iOS or Win10) apps have, so you have to log in there to do things like duplicate a list

• Reviewed on 2020/01/21
Mark B.
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2019/10/18

"Sunset on Wunderlist"

Comments: I stopped using Wunderlist and went to TickTick a couple months before Microsoft purchased them. I still like Wunderlist but just felt it was going to be a matter of time before the application shut down and the team stopped working on it.

Pros: Wunderlist since being purchased by Microsoft hasn't really updated any new features and all the new ideas have been implemented into the new Microsoft ToDo application. I think Wunderlist is still a great resource but know that the application should be shutting down anytime and hasn't been updated at the pace it was when the team was working on it.

Cons: Wunderlist even when the team was working on it never really had the same features as say a Todoist or TickTick. It was a simplified version of a basic task list that worked extremely well in the niche that they were in. I would recommend Wunderlist to those starting out wanting to track their tasks but know there are much more feature-rich applications out there.

• Reviewed on 2019/10/18
Chris B.
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 2021/08/28

"Very Basic and perfect"

Comments: I used to write to-do lists or brainstorm ideas on paper, not anymore. I found Microsoft To Do and I am saving money on paper or notebooks. I love the simplicity of this program. So simple, yet powerful. It makes my life easier when brainstorming as I'm not erasing or crossing off, and I can organize my ideas very easily! I use it for lists of any kind, not just a to-do.

Pros: Microsoft To Do is very basic for a to-do program, but it is exactly what I need to use for brainstorming. I can throw ideas or start listing things I need to do in a very simple list. Sometimes the adage Keep It Simple Stupid is exactly what is needed. I can then take what I've put down and arrange or organize it. It is better than writing on paper, but is just as easy as writing on paper. I'm saving trees this way.

Cons: There isn't anything missing in my opinion.

• Reviewed on 2021/08/28