- Cloud, SaaS, Web (36)
- Installed - Mac (9)
- Installed - Windows (10)
- Mobile - Android Native (11)
- Mobile - iOS Native (13)
- 360-Site Stream (11)
- Drag & Drop (26)
- Floor Plans & Maps (31)
- For Hospitality (16)
- For Real Estate (30)
- Hotspot (22)
- Panoramas (35)
- Social Media Integration (28)
- Virtual Reality (32)
- Voice-Over / Audio (21)
Table of Contents
What is virtual tour software?
Virtual tour (VT) software facilitates the design and presentation of virtual tours (VT) of properties and landscapes in a 360 virtual reality (VR) experience. Through VR, these software systems render a building plan, layout, and designs into a three dimensional (3D) client experience using VR headgear and sound systems.
The benefits of virtual tour platform
- More property visits: It's difficult for real estate agents and buyers to visit multiple properties in a single day. However, with virtual tour software, buyers can make multiple virtual visits to properties in a single day without having to travel to multiple physical locations, increasing the number of potential visits for both agents and buyers.
- Effective, professional digital presentations: In real estate business, effective, professional property presentations are key to making a sale. Virtual tour software lets agents create such presentations using interactive images, audio clips, videos, 3D maps, and panoramas that provide a more engaging experience than printed brochures.
Typical features of virtual tour software
- Virtual reality: A computer-generated digital tour that incorporates audio and video elements to create an interactive virtual experience.
- Floor plans and maps: Replicate and map actual floor designs and directions to a virtual floor plan using digital tools.
- Drag-and-drop editing: Drag-and-drop digital elements while creating presentations/tours.
- Social sharing: Share virtual tours on social media to reach a larger audience and promote listings.
- Hotspot: Specific areas within a virtual tour act as a trigger. Hotspots are added to specific rooms or maps, and are hyperlinked to perform specific actions when clicked.
Considerations when purchasing virtual tour software
- Industry-specific software: While most virtual tour software solutions are designed for real estate businesses, some solutions are designed to serve other business verticals. Virtual tour platform allows academic institutions to offer VR educational experiences to students, while sports and recreational-focused systems facilitate the design of indoor virtual training sessions. If your small business doesn't operate in the real estate sector, explore VR applications within your niche to identify specialized offers before purchasing virtual tour software.
- Completed and unfinished property tours: Virtual tour software for real estate supports both completed and unfinished properties but uses different technologies to do so. For unfinished properties, designers use computer generated imagery to show property elements that are still under construction. For completed properties, designers use photographic VT software, which transforms high-definition images and video of the actual site into a VR experience. Buyers should determine whether they need one or both of these applications, and shortlist virtual tour software accordingly.
Relevant virtual tour software
- Chatbots in virtual real estate tours: Chatbots are revolutionizing the customer engagement experience in almost every service-oriented sector, including real estate. They are increasingly deployed within virtual tours as virtual assistants to address customers' queries during the tour. Customers can also submit property feedback to a chatbot at the end of the tour.
- WebVR will boost VR adoption: WebVR systems are virtual reality applications available via a web browser that let designers post virtual tours online, where customers can access them through their preferred internet-capable device. Previously, most VR tours were limited to dedicated, business-owned devices, requiring customers to travel to the agency's office. As WebVR technology becomes more pervasive and VR devices become more affordable, expect more and more businesses to post virtual property tours online to reach customers via their smartphones and boost sales/tours.